mychoi

I wish they sold sample-sized lipsticks!

does anyone wish the same thing? I look at all my lipsticks and although they're beautiful, I probably will never finish one of them before they go bad! I wish they would sell them in cute thumb sizes :smileytongue:

mychoi

Re: I wish they sold sample-sized lipsticks!

i actually bought it... but then i didn't want all those colors i realized... so i sold it off to a friend lol. we're both happy because i gave the the vib 20% off price and I got my money back without losing points

Heatoyos1

Glad it worked out!

syritt

I love minis too. The mini sets can be great, but the packaging is sometimes not up to par. But yeah, if I had a choice I would almost always buy the minis. More variety, less waste. I like that sort of thing.

How long does it take for lipsticks to go bad? I remember my grandma having some for decades. Mine aren't that old, but there's a few that are at least a couple years and still seem to be fine.

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

I have some fuchsia MAC lipsticks that are about four years old. Their consistency has changed, and they apply thicker than they once did (and not in a good way). I'm thinking it's time to part ways with them. :/

If your lipsticks haven't changed (in consistency, smell, etc.) then I wouldn't throw them away. 

SydBristow

They do, in sets, from time to time. Bite has some good minis, and I snagged Buxom Kiss and Tell set that I really like a lot. :smileyhappy:

mychoi

(0) Hearts

i wish we could buy them individually TT.TT

even if they make it a better deal to buy full size, i would never finish it especially bold colors. 

Heatoyos1

I agree. I'd love to buy minis individually. :smileyvery-happy:

ghkim

i totally agree. i have enough lip product to last me several lifetimes. that's why i like to buy sets. i have the tarte lipsurgence set and the bite lip pencil set. if you like minis i would also take a look at the mini buxom lipstick set. they have great lipsticks as well.

Heatoyos1

Yup yup. I just ordered the 100 pt perk maraschino chubby stick and the Dior 999 red lipstick promo. I also got a mini chubby treat set. 

I have so many full sized lipsticks that have gone bad. :/

Plus (almost) everything is so much cuter in a mini!

mychoi

I agree! Look up 58 very tiny cute things on buzzfeed! :smileyhappy:

Heatoyos1

Soooo adorable! I went to a miniature museum in LA when I was a little kid, and I was totally mesmerized! There was even a miniature tube of paint that had an actual minuscule drop of paint in it. I was so impressed :smileyhappy:

sp2001

I bought a few travel size sets for the holidays and I'm returning practically all of them, they all break super easily, or get that annoying mark, and I am not rough on my lipsticks at all.

mychoi

(0) Hearts

Aw that's sad to hear :smileysad: is the kvd lipstick set one of them by any chance?

mychoi

(0) Hearts

is it because they lose money that way? benefit and other brands sell mini mascaras and i dont think they're gonna go broke anytime soon, so why not lipsticks? :/

spacesuit

Same here. I like the sets of travel-size lip stuff sold around the holidays but it would be great to buy individual ones in small sizes year-round. This would work really well for colors that might not get worn on a regular basis, too.

SirenPrincess

I wish they sold deluxe sample size of so many things!  Fragrance, lipstick, skincare products ... I just love minis!  They're more travel friendly.  I'd totally spend money on smaller products :-)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 47 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • marydiva
    • aviscardi
    • kssweetheart
    • nekoally
    • syritt