heatherbee

I may or may not have just purchased The Little Mermaid....

I haven't seen this movie in maybe 15 years, and I really felt like watching it while study physics for my final tomorrow.  What Disney movie have you not seen in a long time but would love to watch?

chocopudding

Re: I may or may not have just purchased The Little Mermaid....

Any Disney movie with songs I can sing to! Hahah. In my university group, I was the one who was known to belt out random lyrics in the car.......same with Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables and Sound of Music, too. Hehehe.

That does remind me, I haven't watched Hercules for awhile, and I really do appreciate the humor in that movie :smileyhappy:

dahlianoir

We would definitely be the best of friends! No one understands why I have to break into song from Les Mis while at work. Haha. 

Hercules is awesome! I always love Meg's song. 

chocopudding

[ Edited ]

Yay musical besties! Hahahahahah WHY NOT? It's awesome fun breaking into song randomly. My brother does it sometimes...he'll just be typing into his laptop and then start chanting '24601.' LOL

LariTheLoud

WHAT WHAT WHAT HAVE I FOUND FELLOW LES MIS FANS?

I'll just camp out over here.

No, seriously, I've probably devoted way too much of my life to the study of early to mid 19th century France because of Les Misérables. Curse you, Victor Hugo, and your tome of a novel that I love!

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

Hahaha, it IS a great novel, is isn't it? (Content wise and length wise...took me many bus rides to finish that book!) The first time I've ever wanted to throttle a fictional person was after that whole episode when Fantine sells her teeth to send money to the Thenardiers. I was PHYSICALLY ANGRY, which is not a good thing when you're on the bus with 50+ other people. :smileywink:

LariTheLoud

And you read the novel too!!!! Ha, I am one of those nerds that gets a good chuckle whenever Victor Hugo goes on one of his infamous tangents (Waterloo, anyone?). Javert was my favorite character, though really, I have a special place in my heart for all of the characters in the book: Valjean, Cosette, Fantine, Marius, etc etc etc.

As long as you didn't heave that Brick at anyone and cause serious head trauma, you're good. :smileywink:

chocopudding

Hahaha yes! Whole chapters about battle scenes...I do get a kick out of them! "Is Hugo really going to spend pages going on and on about this?......yep." :smileyvery-happy:

I concur - every character is so carefully developed and so human! The social injustice highlighted in this book is just a small smidgen of what happens in the history of mankind, and each character brings that to life.

That being said, I would've loved to throw A brick at Monsieur Thenardier's head, the !*$&/$^^@@^^!^@##....

heartsmyface

Stand by Me is one of my all time favourite movies! not Disney but I just thought of it. Disney.... Rescuers Down Under!!!!

heatherbee

(0) Hearts

I was just thinking about Rescuers Down Under a few days ago!!  I would love to watch that one again.  I just hope it's as good now as it was when I was 8!

waterbaby1981

Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast.  Aladdin's being released again this summer from the Disney vault.

heatherbee

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

And they are on Broadway now!  I just saw the Lion King musical, so I'd love to see Aladdin on my next trip to Manhattan :smileyvery-happy:

fatimamummy

Ask me and half of the time in my home when TV is on it is one of the Princess movie and rest of the times it is CARS or any super hero...... :smileyvery-happy:

dahlianoir

Little Mermaid and Beauty and The Beast are my two favorite movies of all time. I watch them multiple times in a year. Usually when I'm doing some girly session by myself complete with face mask and chocolates. :smileywink: 

knuevekm

Every once in while I watch Herules. Zero to Hero in No time flat! 

I also really like the fox and the hound (but it makes me cry like a baby so I don't dare watch it)

gogreyhound

i love the emperor's new Groove ( is that Disney?) it makes me laugh so  hard!! funny stuff!

heatherbee

That movie is hilarious!

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

I know! we quote it all the time. "cheese me no likeeee"!  Isma absolutely kills me, with her facial expressions and being scary beyond all belief, and her droopy, pointy little B 00 Bs and all...It makes me want to go watch it now!  :smileyvery-happy:

heatherbee

I haven't seen that movie!  But there are so many popular movies that I've never seen: The Goonies, Scarface, I could go on and on....

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • waterbaby1981
    • fatimamummy
    • heatherbee
    • chocopudding
    • dahlianoir
    • knuevekm