thesupergirl

I'm sorry

I apologize if I I have thrown too many heart parties for people it was never my intentions to get any hearts for doing this. I just do them because I'm happy to see someone get so many and I really love being apart of this community. Again I'm sorry and won't throw any for a while.

thesupergirl

Re: I'm sorry

(0) Hearts

Wow, I have been all work day and didn't expect to see all of these post! Thanks everyone I won't stop doing heart parties I assumed that it wasn't like that I did so many but found out I was wrong.

daisies121

Don't apologize and don't let anyone bully you into feeling bad for being a positive person.  Heart parties for all!  Who cares how often they are.  That's like saying there is too much happiness on BT.

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

Could not of said it better myself

MermaidBarbie

No need to apologize for acknowledging other's comments, my dear. It's quite appreciated, actually. :smileyhappy: It's a nice gesture, and that individual might have needed that to feel better that day.  Nothing wrong with heart parties. Don't worry about what others may think. You rock. -MB

DTalksAll

For the record... I don't have anything against Heart Parties & never said I did. 

I think they are great way to acknowledge someone for reaching a milestone like 100, 500, 1000, 2000... 

They can be a tad silly when it's for every 100, or when someone throws their own... BUT they are still fun. 

sephoramusthave

Don't be sorry for trying to recognize someone as a valuable member of the BT community! My heart just about melts when I get one, and it really does make my day! Simple acts of kindness are hard to come by nowadays :smileyvery-happy:

marydiva

I love heart parties! :smileyhappy:) They always make my day a little brighter. Never stop being a positive force in the world <3

LuckyWinter

Nooo its fine! Whitout hearts party BT would be boring! Continue what you do :smileyhappy: It makes peoples happy and it makes starters want to get more hearts and keep helping the community! 

knadala

Well I think it's great that you are so festive and want to celebrate other people's successes on BT. If people don't want to give you hearts than they can ignore the thread, but it shouldn't take away from other people's enjoyment. As long as you are doing something nice for someone else, you shouldn't feel bad, it's how people build friendships :smileyhappy:

bombshell30

Heart parties are awesome and you are awesome!!! I think it's a shamyo anyone has made you feel like you should apologize for celebrating your friends! These are hearts, not dollar bills! It is such a petty thing to get upset over-and besides each member is given the right to give hearts as we see fit. If you like a post, give it a heart, if not don't rain on anyone else's parade!!! I say we all take advice from Thumper's mom: if you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all! And from my mom- it's not what you say, it's the way that you say it that matters! You are obviously a sweet and kind person & I think you should just keep being you!!!

spoiledbrat

Supergirl - no apology needed - it is part of who you are; an upbeat and happy person - i remember my first heart party, was caught off guard as i was new - the comments and the person that threw the party touched my heart and i was filled with tears of happiness - why deny that for anyone - it may be what they need - there are challenges everyday and acts of kindness are precious

bombshell30

Agreed!

CaitlinBrunson

This may come off harsh (Sorry if I offend anyone!) But people need to get their panties out of a knot. Its hearts! If you want to acknowledge people for good posts, then do it! If you're going to be a negative Nancy and not acknowledge people for their knowledge, humor, etc, then that is their prerogative. For real, (again sorry if I offend anyone) if someone really has the time to complain about heart posts and such… 1. They have a pretty good life considering that that is all that is going wrong with their world and 2. they have a little too much time on their hands. If you don't like a post or heart parties, then don't read them!

Okay, sorry for my frankness. Again, really hope that didn't offend anyone. This is supposed to be a positive place and it kind of erks me that in a matter of a day, the safety of this community is put into jeopardy. Especially since it is over something so trivial as hearts. Hearts are supposed to be a fun, easy thing. I don't understand all the drama. 

Carmen241986

Hey girl,

I wouldn't apologize, heart parties are fairly normal from what I seen on here. I think the whole ' Giving Hearts ' post was perfectly fine, and yes I agree some misunderstandings clearly became present. I wish the outcome that came about on there wasn't so dire though. I really do admire all the ladies here. Hopefully things will go back to the happy happy environment that it always is. 

CaitlinBrunson

AGREE!

nebel

I am bewildered by this post.  I was only gone for a day.  What is going on?

What is wrong with heart parties?

annonymous1

i feel the same, wth happend?

joeanne

Goodness, girl, don't apologize. I haven't really followed all the "Giving Hearts" posts, but read enough to see that there were some misunderstandings. Unfortunately, that happens when we aren't talking face to face.

If you like to give hearts, then continue to give hearts! I think that's why they're there - to show another poster that you liked their post. As far as heart parties? Who's to say when they should or shouldn't be thrown? If you want to throw yourself a party for 100 hearts, go for it! If you want to throw someone else a party, do it!  If you think heart parties are a bit over the top, skip that post! They really are only hearts, and they really should be for fun.

We are such a fantastic, diverse, strong group of women and men here on BeautyTalk, and of course, every now and then opinions clash and it's a little too easy for misunderstandings to get out of hand on the internet. I hope everyone in the other thread decides to continue to be part of the BT family because like all families, we disagree sometimes, but we are always there for each other on the important things!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate! And if you are braving Black Friday, good luck!!

Carmen241986

Well said Joeanne !. 

Candy357

I think it's awesome! Don't apologize.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 127 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • annonymous1
    • bombshell30
    • joeanne
    • MermaidBarbie
    • nebel
    • Candy357
    • knadala
    • LuckyWinter
    • thesupergirl
    • ShinyMagpie
    • CaitlinBrunson
    • Carmen241986
Photos1
  • 92-animated-balloon-balloon_inflation-cap-cartoon-female-Friendship_Is_Magic-gif-inflation-My_Little_Pony-Pinkie_Pie-pony.gif