I'm going to a friend's wedding, any wedding basic 101?

ChicDabbler

I'm going to a friend's wedding, any wedding basic 101?

So I'm never one of those girls obsessed with weddings nor have I ever attended one. But, I will be this time. The schedule is 4:30- guest arriving, 5:00 - wedding, 6:00 - dinner. I've got a flight (booked before I knew about the wedding) where I will arrive at 3:00, and it's 1hr 50min drive to the wedding location. I've managed to figure out what I will wear, and they have a registry so I'll contribute to that.

Are there anything I should do pre-wedding? any wedding ettiquette I should observe? any post wedding whatever? tips?

I dunno, I thought I'd just buy a gift, drop it off and eat, and done...except it seems to be more fancy/complicated than that and I'm friends with both person so I don't wanna end up doing something stupid/awkward.

wingatprsct

Re: I'm going to a friend's wedding, any wedding basic 101?

Don't wear white!  Be sure to stand up when the bride comes down the aisle (if everyone else does).  Have some bubbly if they're serving and enjoy the dinner/reception.  Be sure to speak to the couple and wish them well.  Don't get too drunk but have a good time.  Most of all, remember weddings are meant to be fun.  Hope you catch the bouquet!

ghkim

try to be on time. don't outdo the bride and don't wear white. get on the dance floor and have a good time but now is not the time to get your freak on. eat, drink, and be merry, but not to the point of puking. thank the bride and groom before you leave. on my wedding day i was most concerned with everything running smoothly and everyone having a good time so i think the best thing you can do is enjoy yourself..

nebel

You're going to be great :smileyhappy:  I don't think it is any more complicated than what you said above! Just be yourself and have a good time, and enjoy the free food :smileywink:

drrragon

Make sure to get drunk and chat up all the groomsmen!  :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

LOL. Oh my gosh that's NEVER gonna happen! I'm super shy and introverted and don't know how to party. I mean, I can do fine in a professional setting if I have to, but I'm one of those girls who dress boldly/loudly but act like a wallflower. Which is why I usually volunteer to help plan the party, so if I don't know what to do, I can always go check on everything for the n+1th time....

ps. also, my alcohol tolerance level (asian glow) is half bottle of Mike's Hard lemondate, 2% alcohol.

drrragon

LOL yeah I too get the embarrassing "asian red face" and barely take two sips before I start giggling too loudly!  But since you're friends with both bride and groom, just remember everyone else in the room is connected to you through them, and you're all getting together to celebrate a once-in-a-lifetime event, and that by itself can be a great bond!  Dig up all the funny stories you have of either bride/groom and that should make you really popular! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • waterbaby1981
    • drrragon
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • nebel
    • wingatprsct