veronika23

I'm curious to know... do you have any pet peeves?

So I guess I thought of this subject as I'm sitting here and my window is open and all I can hear is the guy a few doors down doing god knows what... He's always in his garage making noise... I think today it's some type of saw.  Yesterday he was working past 10 and even if the the "curfew" for noise is 11 it's annoying as hell. LOL

So I though we could all share our pet peeves and laugh about it! :smileyvery-happy:

I also hate that people in my city don't seem to know how to drive and I can't stand line ups and huge crowds in stores... It's just the way I'm made. lol :smileyvery-happy:

solveig

Re: I'm curious to know... do you have any pet peeves?

[ Edited ]

1. Unkept nails and hair on people whose job requires them to communicate with other people face to face. You don't have to have gel manicure and and a complicated braided updo, but keep them clean, for everybody's sake!

2. At school/college/university, people who try to talk more than the teacher/professor during lecture AND also keep interrupting them. Some of my professors are (forced to be) too nice.

3. People who bring up their religious beliefs or preferences all the time. We all have them, no need to push yours down my throat.

4. People who pay no attention to what their children are doing in public (while said child is yelling, running and knocking things down, etc). If you don't have time or patience to raise a child, don't have one.

I feel like I am going to a pretty dark place with those, so I shall stop here. For now, lol.

jojobe

(0) Hearts

As to #4 you don't know what that situation is so you really shouldn't judge. We don't get to pick if our kid has a learning disability, autism, bipolar..etc. While teaching children how to behave in public appropriately is appreciated, we do live in a society now where many women are divorced and have to work 2 jobs and cannot leave her children anywhere while she goes cruzing through the mall or the grocery store. I am sure most of them don't encourage their kids to act out in public. 

solveig

(0) Hearts

Since you mentioned that, if a child has special needs, it should be one's first responsibility as a mother to attend to them. But that is not exactly what I meant.

I understand that it is a sensitive topic. I am not saying that you shouldn't leave your house if you can't find anyone to watch your kid. Being that I myself was raised by a single mother who worked insane hours to provide for our little family, that is not even an issue. What I am saying is that every time I go to the the mall, restaurant, even at the park, I see women on their phone or chatting to their friend who came along with them, and completely ignoring the fact that their child is acting out for whatever reason, they just keep on doing whatever they were doing.

Let me give you a real life example. Just this morning when I was walking my dog at the park, a child maybe under 5 y.o. just came out of nowhere to pet my dog, and his mother was nowhere to be seen, until a couple minutes later when she showed up slowly walking towards us, still on her phone, grabbed the boy and walked away, no apologies, or any acknowledgement of the situation whatsoever. Now, let me just mention here, while I have a medium/large Australian Shepherd who absolutely loves children, my dog is very active and jumps around when excited.  Those were the most uncomfortable and stressful couple of minutes this week for me, trying to keep my dog calm and away from the boy when she got excited, while trying not to accidentally knock the boy to the ground myself in the process. Of course I tried to walk away, but the boy just followed my dog. Now imagine what would've happened if my dog accidentally knocked the boy to the ground? His mother would be the first one yelling at me and threatening me with unjust punishment. That is the kind of situation that I would wish to avoid in the future.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

I have a great pic for # 3 but if I post it, it will get deleted.  One of my friends posted it on FB.

solveig

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I saw one a while ago that compared religion to male genitalia (jokingly). Is that the one you are talking about?:smileyhappy:

sparklekai

ok here we go!

1. people who stop at the top of an escalator - THERE IS NO STOP SIGN KEEP WALKING!!!
  2. people who have bad hygiene - it's called soap, water and deodorant, invest in some!!
  3. people who use texting abbreviations in oral communication or students who use it in their assignments!!!  speaking the full word will not kill you, you do not have a word count in your life expectancy!!!!
  4. people who let their children get away with murder - double peeve for those who then criticize other people's children!!
  5. young people to do not get up to offer their seat to elderly, pregnant or disabled people on the ttc
  6. when people state the obvious like it is an amazing discovery - yes i know that my hair is curly, i've had it since birth
  7. people who are late and don't have the courtesy to call
  8. when people don't say please, thank you and/or excuse me

thanks @veronika23 for starting this thread!!! got some of my frustrations out!!

lovinglondon

I hate nosy coworkers. If you ask me how my weekend was and I say "fine" that's the end of sharing time. Don't pry and ask specifics about what I did. Mind your business! 

lovelykatya

I truly can not stand when:

1. ladies putting makeup on while driving

2. people talking on the phone during the most inconvenient times (ex: am. or pm.  traffic, busy intersections, etc.), if you hear some one honking - there might be a reason - you suck at multitasking or just driving!!!

3. when sales people judge you by what you wearing!!! Oh goshhh... when I shop I like to wear really comfy clothing (and on occasion I do dress up) and especially if its my day off or before work I do not put any makeup on; so its feels like they (sa's) look at me like "oh gosh she ain't buying anything," when actually i am ready to spend some mula!!! On occasion i do get really helpful people who help either way and oh god i am so thankful for them.

4. when people chew gum like a cow with their mouth open and i can hear that gum smacking noise - ewwww - just close you friken mouth or don't chew gum!!!!!

5. when parents let their children touch everything, and i mean everything  (ec: at the stores)  - without supervision. It's like if you are going to do that ,supervise them and put everything back the way it was.

YouAreAlways

OH!!! SO many times I see people parking in a new mother spot or expecting when they have no kids!! SO SO SO RUDE. I once saw a guy, I almost said something, but I checked his car and saw the top of a car seat so I didnt. He then left to go in the store and I was like wtf..NO CHILD IN THE CAR! Just the car seat.

Another story since we are venting. I was out shopping with my 9 month preg. friend and we had her small dog with us and left him in the car, when we got back we had a note on the car saying "This spot is for mothers, your ugly dog doesnt count as a child how rude of you" She of course being emotional started to cry. A$$

kalex

(0) Hearts

Some people are such idiots.  Once I got a note on my car telling me to learn how to park because I was practically on top of one line.  Just as it didn't occur to your idiot that the woman might be pregnant, it didn't occur to my idiot that I had to park over that far because the car next to me when I pulled in was over that far.  

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

UGH I WAS JUST AT THE STORE AND SOMEONE WAS PARKED TAKING UP HALF THE HAND CAP SPOT!! (Sorry yelling) 

True, still rude though. Did it make them feel SO much better? 

YouAreAlways

People who are walking with young kids, NOT holding their hands and are like 10 feet from a cross walk. HOLD THEIR HANDS, AND TEACH THEM TO USE A CROSSWALK!! Ugh.

sparklekai

i add to this people who don't teach their children to walk single file when other people are walking on the sidewalk...they can be taught...i can be done!

yazmin

1. People who don't stop at a stop sign... they see me crossing there is a stop sign and they honk at me... There is a stop sign...
  2. People who listen to music with headphones around their neck.... they go on your ears maybe if they were used properly it wouldn't be so loud.
  3. When I go to the Post Office people decide they want to talk on their phone with their speaker on, and they are very loud, and then they tell the person on the phone "dang these people are nosy listening to our conversation" they wouldn't if you took off the speaker
  4. One of my big pet peeves are folks who chew gum like a cow chewing cud.
  5. Loud music... it is 12 am and someone decides they want to play music then I make a report and they show up around 2 am ... when the music is off and they tell me there wasn't any noise... if only you showed up 30 minutes earlier...

I can't and I shouldn't go on

lovinglondon

Yes, yes, YES to loud music! I cannot stand when people listen to music on their phone or ipod in public without headphones. Especially after work when I'm trying to relax on the subway. It's usually some kid listening to hiphop thinking he's oh socool and the whole world must know how cool he is. I want to grab the device and throw it on the tracks! lol but that would deem me crazy so instead I change cars. Absolutely hate it. 

chupi

YOU. THIS. Ever encounter someone try to listen to music on their phone with the volume turned all the way up? They need to listen to hot jams that bad that they will put up with lo-fi quality. I miss boom boxes on peoples shoulders.

Geminichilde

People who slurp coffee *eye twitch*, I have a co-worker who does this every.single.morning.

chupi

Please let us know! I'm a slurper and don't even realize it. Used to drive my ex up the wall.

Britlee303

People who chew with their mouth open, people who talk with their mouth full, people who eat loud foods like nuts or carrots in a quiet place (library, during class, etc.), people who make youtube videos and chew gum during the video...basically I just hate anything that involves loud chewing lol

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

I can't stand it when people who throw their cigarette butts on the ground and walk away. They don't extinguish them and pick them up. Just throw and go. It annoys me.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 208 replies
  • 466 hearts
  • 74 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • lb1414
    • mberteig