veronika23

I'm curious to know... do you have any pet peeves?

So I guess I thought of this subject as I'm sitting here and my window is open and all I can hear is the guy a few doors down doing god knows what... He's always in his garage making noise... I think today it's some type of saw.  Yesterday he was working past 10 and even if the the "curfew" for noise is 11 it's annoying as hell. LOL

So I though we could all share our pet peeves and laugh about it! :smileyvery-happy:

I also hate that people in my city don't seem to know how to drive and I can't stand line ups and huge crowds in stores... It's just the way I'm made. lol :smileyvery-happy:

IllegallyBlonde

Re: I'm curious to know... do you have any pet peeves?

Yea "one star because of the price, too expensive." So you really took time out of your life to say that?

jojobe

Sephora should really weed those out. You should at least have a verified purchase to review an item.. who cares if you " want it sooo bad but would never pay that much" ! 

warriorwitch

That would prevent people who received it as a gift or bought it from another place from reviewing it though. They have people reading the reviews to remove ones that go against their policy, so I don't know why they don't just delete these while they are there.

pipsqueek1582

Perhaps they should have an initial question like "have you actually used this product?" but I suppose people could just lie about that too.  

LCResz

I am the Grammar/Language police at school. I HATE it when people use "me" and "I" incorrectly and seeing contractions (or lack thereof) being flung about willy nilly online makes my teeth itch. I am not perfect, I rather love it when my students catch me making an error (even if most times I am actually correct and they just forgot the exception to the rule) because it shows me that they are actually listening and learning. I fought so hard to learn English and become proficient at it that to see/hear it be denigrated by others is infuriating.  

Oh, and chewing with your mouth open, blech.

thesupergirl

I work in a pharmacy and I can't stand it when people show up and expect their medicine to be free! Their response when it's not is why do I have insurance/ Medicaid then!

Also when they expect it to be ready in 5 minutes or less hey I'm good but not that good!

dolceloure

-Out of control children...though I'm usually more annoyed with the negligent parents than the kids themselves

-As an instructor: students who have bad attitudes/are unmotivated

-when people don't RSVP/write/text back

-people assuming I'm a foreigner even after they've heard my very Midwestern English.

-when people don't return the things they borrow

yazmin

(0) Hearts

My brother has out of control children.... the woman does nothing, we were at a park once and she sits down with the rest of us while her kids are far away out of sight, and thank God nothing happens. ( ages 3 &4 ) When they open their front door the kids make a run for it... and she does nothing...

staringatstars

Pet names...I can't!

DesertRose0706

• When people give me a 30 minute explanation of something when all I asked was a simple yes or no question. 
  • When people don't understand the difference between a red light and a flashing red light and sit at a flashing red light when they can drive!
  • Bicyclists who don't understand that they have to follow the same road rules as cars - yes you have to stop at that stop sign and no you can't ride your bike on the wrong side of the road!
  • People who stand too close when they talk to me.  then when i take a step back to get some room, they take a step forward! 
  • People who schedule meetings at work to start an hour before we are supposed to leave.. then make us stay late because the meeting took longer than expected!  And for things that aren't even important!!!!

ug... these are all things that happen to me at work or things that happen when i am driving to and from work lol

sbowden

ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH DRIVING.  I'm a student bus driver so I spend A LOT of time on the road and you would not believe the things people do, especially when they're around buses.  Bike riders are the worst!

People who are late for the bus.  I do not want to wait around for you to walk to the bus stop when I should have left a minute ago.  People have places to be, and I have a schedule to keep!

Chewing! Chew with your mouth closed please! I don't want to see it or hear it!

People who don't know how to walk... I swear some people couldn't find their way out of a 4x4 cube with 1 door even if you offered them $20.  

Indecisiveness/flakiness.  Commit people!

mimibel

Someone complaining and fussing about something they can change But won't. 

People who order goods from the UK or Japan but always complain about international shipping rates. It is what it is. No one 'likes it', haha! But you know how much it's going to be so why gripe? If it's too much, don't order. If  it's worth it, then why are you complaining? 

People who don't make their children or animals behave. I love dogs but I don't like being licked, pawed or jumped on. I have a friend I can't visit while wearing anything nice or set my bag down because her dog jumps and claws and chews. 

Video reviews that completely butcher a company or product name. 

Video reviews of fragrances that don't list the notes or decently describe the scent. 

makeupmaven

[ Edited ]

These are shallow, but they are probably the most cringeworthy for me:

This is worse than leggings as pants in my opinion: leggings/ tights/ hose under cutoff shorts. Um, are you hot or cold cause no one can tell? If it's cold, why are you wearing cutoffs (wear dressier shorts or a skirt ffs)? If it's hot, aren't you dying with those tights under your shorts? Why not just get some color on your legs (+spf of course)? I have thick legs, but if it's hot I'm going to take the opportunity to get some slimming color!

Another one-- annoying voices/ conversations on the bus. I worked on the phones for many years/ have heard myself speak/ worked on having a pleasant tone/ sounding voice...some women especially, when I hear them talk (especially if it's about a guy who didn't call/ text/ them back, etc) I think "this is why you are single...no guy (or girl) can listen to you."

BeautyJunkie325

Leggings are not pants!  I can't believe I didn't put that one down.  I'm forever finding women with legging as pants.  If your shirt doesn't hit you thigh you shouldn't wear it with leggings... ARGH!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

omg, legging as pants! I didn't list that cuz I can't figure out which is worse for me, legging as pants or harem pants. I DO not, for the LIFE of me, understand WHY in the world would you EVER wear harem pants (except to smuggle things in there? now I kind of want to see someone with harem pants getting a TSA pat down....actually I really don't, nvm).

makeupmaven

[ Edited ]

That is a tough one...some of these ladies (and men) are too young to remember MC Hammer, but that's what I think of when I see harem pants (please Hammer, don't hurt 'em). This (huge) wide leg pants trend is pretty ugly too.

Just don't get leggings as pants...use them as an excuse to wear a skirt/ dress that might otherwise be too short...but not alone, it's just TMI!

veronika23

It's HAMMER TIME!

hammertime

shyvicki

People who throw their cigarette butts out of their vehicle windows. USE AN ASHTRAY!

Heatoyos1

My pet peeves:

Waiting and holding the door for a person so that the door doesn't slam in his/her face, and that person ignoring me--like it's expected that I should do this for him/her. Conversely, I love opening doors for elderly women. They are usually so surprised and appreciative. 

It drives me crazy when drivers will speed up to dangerously cut in front of you (even though there is space behind you) in the fast lane, and then they drive super slowly. 

A pet peeve I have about myself is that I always seem to pick the line that takes the longest. This never fails: I will always somehow choose the line in which an issue will develop with the customer two people ahead of me holding up the line. 

NahiNahi

1) Neighbors who let their dogs bark and bark and bark and bark...and bark.
2) When people want you to listen to what they have to say but when it's your turn they tune you out/sit there thinking about their own things. It goes both ways, people.
3) People who are obviously sick (or heck even if they're not sick) and just cough close to you without covering their mouths. Oh God, the germs.
4) When there's a bunch of people walking really slowly and there's no space to get around them and they just have no awareness of what's around them.
5) Grammar mistakes :/ I'm mostly just talking the simple there/their variety.
6) When people smoke closer to the building than they're allowed and I get a big whiff.

I feel like I could go on forever but I'll stop now...

pinkonyx

My boyfriends just helped me think of one I had to SHARE!

*When you hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you, or acknowledge you at all.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 208 replies
  • 466 hearts
  • 74 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • lb1414
    • mberteig