veronika23

I'm curious to know... Do you believe in . . .

[ Edited ]

So I know I've been posting a lot today but I have so many ideas in my head I wanted to share :smileywink:

So I want to know do you believe in. . . Ghosts/spirits, the supernatural, miracles, other life forms/life on other planets, reincarnation, past lives, supernatural abilities, etc. Anything goes.

I want this to be an open discussion where people feel free to share.  If you don't feel comfortable sharing with everyone but would still like to discuss a topic please feel free to PM me.  I consider myself a pretty open person and won't dismiss you or laugh at you.

In case you are curious... I pretty much believe in everything :smileywink:

janinebt

Re: I'm curious to know... Do you believe in . . .

(0) Hearts

I believe in ghosts, past lives, supernatural abilities, and I'm pretty sure there's life on other planets...just probably not in our galaxy :smileyhappy:.

I've encountered a number of really odd unexplainable things growing up in terms of things that are more along the lines of paranormal phenomenons.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
green71191

I believe in ghosts/spirits of loved ones. Unfortunately I've had a tough few years. My little brother passed away after a hit and run accident (according to the physical evidence it seems that he fell from above- tree, building, but there is no tree or building there for such explanation so its still under investigation) only a block away from our home in October 23, 2011, he was only 17 and I was 20 at the time. The following year My bf, parents and I had our plane tickets for November 30 to go to Mexico to meet my bf's parents and vacation, we get a phone call Nov 24 very early in the morning that his parents passed in a really bad car accident!

Now this year I will begin with my story... On Nov 6th i went about my day like usual and went over to my sisters house to visit my niece's (neither sister or brother in law were home, just me and the girls) and I had all the energy in the world and my 4 yr old niece comes up to me and says "Mon (my brother's nickname) is going to sleep" i asked "where is he?" She says "hes at school but he will be home soon" she then grabs my necklace/dog tag which has a picture of my brother engraved on it which i always wear and says "here give him a kiss" and so i do and she does too. All of a sudden I become so so so tired and so cold and I ask her to bring me a blanket and i immediately fall into a deep sleep for like 1 hr. May sound weird but its like he got inside my body? Make sense? That night it was so hard to go to sleep, the last time i looked at the time it was about to be 4am and woke up at around 8am...i tried to take a nap during the day but couldnt...so i went about my day like usual...i went to the mall with my friend for the Sephora VIB sale and on the way home my bf texts me saying that his grandma was not going to make it through the night and within 5 mins he texts again saying "shes gone" i had no idea what to do. After i took my friend home my car became so cold.

Ive heard that feeling a cold cold feeling? Means they are present because their spirits are cold.

Well i feel that was his way of telling it would be ok...that something really hard was coming and that he was there with me. And similar things happen where i feel that he is trying to communicate.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

I am truly sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine what you have been through. Thank you for sharing your story.  I think you can feel different things when they are around you. Hope I can explain this well... you know when you are just sitting there or out and about and get very teary eyed for no apparent reason... that's a spirit giving you a hug... it's unconditional love. The medium I know told us that. :smileywink:

MakeupJunkie666

[ Edited ]

I don't really believe in ghosts or supernatural entities but I did have an encounter at Pennhurst Asylum in Pennsylvania, which is believed to be actively haunted, which had me reconsidering my beliefs. However, I do believe in aliens. I am so fascinated by "abduction" stories, which I know must seem crazy, but as a scientist I truly believe there is evidence of the existence of other life forms. 

I also believe in zombies; not just because of my obsession with the George Romero and The Walking Dead. I am a research microbiologist and I've worked on antibiotic resistant microorganisms, so I have seen first hand the ability for organisms to change. I am a firm believer that if "zombies" were manifest it would be due to prions, which are the causative agent of "Mad Cow Disease" in cattle and Creutzfeldt-Jakob in humans. Diseases caused by prions, called transmissible spongiform encephalopathies, lead to characteristics similar to what we see in zombies, which include cannibalism and neurodegenerative effects. 

daisydaisies

I am not religious, I don't believe in the supernatural, and although I think that it's very likely there is some kind of life on some other planets out there (especially given what we're learning about the diversity of planets and suns out there), I don't see any evidence that aliens have visited our planet!

veronika23

I haven't seen any evidence either that they have visited but I did watch a video where one of our previous defence ministers (Canada) has come across other beings and can identify 5 species I believe. If I recall correctly according to the video most governments are aware they exist, visit and stay here. :smileywink:

daisydaisies

[ Edited ]

I remember reading something about that too! But I just can't get behind these kinds of claims without  tangible, irrefutable evidence!

veronika23

Yeah I know what you mean :smileyhappy:  but I can lol :smileyvery-happy:

daisydaisies

Agreed! It also doesn't stop me from reading tons of sci-fi about aliens etc...

nhunka

(0) Hearts

Contrary to the above comments there is plenty of evidence of aliens fiddling with humans. There is a documentary called Ancient Aliens and it states that the ancient buildings such as the pyramids could only have been built by something with a very advanced technology which humans did not posess at that time. There are also carvings and paintings of UFOs found throughout ancient cultures folklore and art

daisydaisies

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

That documentary (and the work of people like von Daniken) has been debunked by archaeologists and archaeological evidence that connects things like building the pyramids to human technologies available at the time (even if they were basic technologies that relied on huge workforces of people)!

LCResz

Hmmm, I have witnessed interesting things my whole life, as my maternal grandmother was seen as a person who could speak to spirits. Perhaps she did or perhaps she was an incredibly astute woman who could sell a good story. Personally I believe that all religions get torn down when the new big thing comes along (monotheism replaced polytheism for the most part, and perhaps some day scientific beliefs will replace monotheism, why else would they refer to the Higgs boson as the God particle within lay circles?)

At any rate, many of my friends have tried to convince me that I too have some kind of psychic ability because of my seemingly eerie ability to predict things that are beyond their understanding. I don't think I am particularly gifted, just observant and able to draw connections that elude others. That and when I want something to happen I will move Heaven and Earth to get it.  

I believe that all of the prophets of the past were real, documented people who were able to sell a good story to unite their people and steer them in the right direction. I believe writers, poets, and musicians are the modern day prophets.

There is nothing supernatural, it is all simply nature that operates at a size and frequency most cannot perceive. We see but we cannot conceive of what is really all around us. I believe that my will is enough to make an impact in the world, and I believe that all deeds, good or bad, have consequences. It's the basic premise that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction and all that.

I respect all religions, who am I to tell someone else that his/her faith is wrong or bad or silly? If not for the ancient religions our literary world would be devoid of inspiration. Some day our present day religions will be considered quaint mythologies and future societies will chuckle when reading that people once believed in a talking burning bush, virgin births, and mandates about what we can and cannot eat or how we should keep our hair.

In a nutshell here is what I believe: do more good than bad, be happy, make others happy, hug a lot, kiss a lot, laugh a lot, and remember that until your last breath you always have another chance to make the present moment the best possible moment ever.

veronika23

I liked how you finished that :smileyhappy:   Although I don't believe in religion I can respect that some people do and that's their belief.  If they choose a religion and want to practice/follow it with their own free will I am all for that.  They have the right to believe what they want as I have the right to believe what I want. In the end I think all of us need to respect the other's freedom to choose.

txmommyofboys

I believe in the theory of evolution. And karma :smileywink:

nhunka

I am a believer and part of my religion requires to believe in angels and spirits. Spirits however are not ghosts of the deseased people. They are living beings like us who live in another dimension but sometimes visit us and can harass certain individiuals

I do not believe in superstitions unless they are based on scientific observations. I do not believe in bad luck as God only decides what will happen. I also believe that religions are man made (especially Catholic and Sunni/Shia muslim) and religious traditions are illogical.

Reincarnation is not real. We only have one soul and one life. Reincarnation is a logical fallacy as the population is increasing so there have to be new souls created and its just pagan fairy tales. also reincarnation in animal form is also stupid as there is millions of species and there is no superiority/inferiority in life forms to be able to determine what animal form one will be reborn. 

I have a theory regarding the ancient gods (Greek Skandinavian and etc.) that these are in fact real spirits who posess some powers and people would worship them. 

I think that life may exist on other planets (maybe its another form of spirits) 

Prophets are very real people and they were documented in historical annals and I do believe in the miracles they performed however they were ordinary people like anyone and only God is worthy of worship. 

never had any encounter with anything supernatural but my bf told me that he was touched by something all over his body on two occasions and these creatures would not let him go until he started praying. True story.

P.s. was an avid atheist and forced idol worshipper (my parents are buddhists) till read the quran. Or here is some miracles: the Quran was written 1400-something years ago and it contains scientific facts no one could have even known back then (like the development of the fetus. the shape of earth. That every living organism is created from water. How rain is formed. Ancient cities buried under sand and found only recently with the NASA. And many other scientific stuff ) 

What a long rant :smileyhappy: 

JenBlush

I'm hispanic so i think i am superstitious by nature! I believe in ghosts, aliens, reincarnation. Funny thing is that I'm also studying science, so I don't believe in some things. But there are just some things that science cannot explain. And reality is, no one is there to prove us right or wrong. 

I know we cannot be the only life forms in the universe. That is impossible. The universe is enormous, and we have yet to even discover anything really...

I do believe in reincarnation. And that is my theory as to why you just have a certain connection with people that you just met. Or you might have a love/fear for something you haven't experienced. 

Now some things i don't believe are like.. vampires, or werewolves.. until i see proof! lol

neko333

[ Edited ]

Ghosts- No, many people in my family are superstitious though. I see weird stuff all the time and have horribly realistic nightmares. It's not ghosts though it's a neurological disorder. The brain is overly complicated. It's really surprising how much your actually aware of while you're asleep.

Aliens- Not likely. Though the best possibility for why we haven't found them is every time a society gets advanced enough to pick up any type of transmission we destroy ourselves. 

God- Ya, that one makes sense. Mainly because evolution makes no sense to me. If we evolved from primates why did we loose our fur? That makes no sense. It was an ice age, why do you loose the warm fur when your environment is freezing? My friend being a full believer in evolution said "That's because we started wearing clothes." If we were warm then we wouldn't need the clothes and if we were cold enough that we needed the clothes we still needed the fur. I hate this topic there is no instant win button to this argument. 

Reincarnation- Whenever I think reincarnation I just think General Patton. He was a great general and whatever he was doing was working for him. Until he slapped his men for battle fatigue. Then he got kind of sidelined and we used him as a decoy to confuse Hitler. I don't think it's an actual thing but I think it's interesting. 

I do find supernatural stuff interesting to watch. Just recently I watched The Real Wolfman about the Beast of Gévaudan. I started to watch it and thought "This sounds like a hyena". Halfway through the program "We think it could be a type of extinct hyena"............Yes, I figured as much. Why has it taken so long to figure this out? 

melanito

I believe in energy, that power to heal comes from inside us and not outside (though external things can help), spirits guides/angels, and reincarnation.

Now I have a BSc and MSc in science and thought this stuff was all made up but always found it interesting (I was always watching horror movies or supernatural tv shows etc since I was a kid).. Then I took a Reiki class a few years ago and experienced feeling all kinds of energy and had experiences I could absolutely not explain. Things have just grown/expanded from there..it's like my senses are expanded. I'm now a Reiki practitioner, which I would never have believed if you told me that a few years ago. My husband has a science background too (2 degrees too) and when this stuff started happening he didn't know what to think (nor did I)..but when you have direct physical experience with things it really opens your mind to things we can't see but can sense. I then kinda realized how biased and closed minded I was with my science training and am now way more open minded. Kinda went from yes I know what's true and real to hey I don't know anything..anything is possible. It's also like being a kid and seeing the world through different eyes..which is amazing.

makeupmaven

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love Reiki...years ago I received the attunements to be a Reiki Master/ Teacher. I don't practice much anymore, but it never leaves you. And while you always get permission to give anyone Reiki, I'm sure it contributed to my "soft touch" that I had when doing makeup (very gentle/ relaxing). And I've always wanted to help people!

I like how it fits in with the spirituality in my life, for example, receiving Shaktipat at a Kundalini Meditation.

Regarding Kundalini, reading "The Serpent Power" again, which is my favorite book. Whenever I read there is something new, and I can more easily understand it.

The human mind/ body is powerful!

With all of this, just knowing that you can't really "learn" something in the same sense you can't really "teach" anything. You can bring people into the awareness of the knowledge/ capabilities they always had.

veronika23

Cool!  I'm glad you experienced something new and different for you and it's pretty cool that you are a practitioner :smileyhappy: It's always fun for people when they experience something and it changes their outlook on things :smileyhappy:

I guess for me I've always been open to different things.  I was just "born" that way I guess.  :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 101 replies
  • 184 hearts
  • 32 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • sephoramusthave
    • kirstensf
    • melanito
    • saturnwings