GothGirl00

I have 2 questions ( pretty off topic actually xD )

I ask things like this because most people are there are a little older than me, I don't have any older sisters and my mom is really not the best person to ask, so thanks a lot c: here are the questions !!!

1. Do you guys think it's okay for me to be a misandrist ? ( definition: the extreme dislike of men by women ) 

2does it true that guys think it's ' cute ' when a girl is angry? Why? 

MikuNerd65

Re: I have 2 questions ( pretty off topic actually xD )

I think it's fine...I dislike men too at this point. But I know I ain't going to hate them forever. I did see an adorable guy on the bus a month ago (but was to chicken to talk to him.) Then again...I want to be single for a really long time. I'm just to fragile at this point to have a man. I have 2 people flirting on me...Both of them are not my type and wouldn't be caught dead dating either of them. I want to focus on me, and my dreams, and learning to love myself before I love others. 

I saw this saying on a sweater I want: Cats are my boyfriend! (I think that's so true, and adorable)

Candy357

(0) Hearts

A: No, because not all of them are the same. Keep looking, you will find the one who
is completely diff. from the rest. I know from experience and almost giving up myself, like you
and almost hating them all! I am glad I gave the one a chance.

B. Yes, they think that sometimes. It depends on crazy angry you get.
I hate it when I hear it, it makes me angrier. I don't want to be cute when I am angry!
lol

Hope we all helped you : )
FYI I know what you mean on you can't ask your mom! I can't either, some stuff
she just doesn't get.

GothGirl00

(0) Hearts

^~^ I'm glad 

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

1. "No" is the short answer; the longer one is that it's never a good idea -- dangerous, even -- to generalize any large demographic. People are different, and even if you've had terrible experiences with men, or you're close to someone who has (your mother, sister, friend), it doesn't mean that any one person can have the same characteristics based purely upon gender. 

2. I'm sure some think it's cute, but I find it demeaning because -- intentional or not -- it can invalidate the anger and the reasons behind it. It also depends on the context. It may be one thing if this is a general observation made when both people are teasing (i.e., not genuinely upset), but in the moment of a real argument, if the object of the anger states, "You're cute," it discredits the person and his/her reasoning. It's never a nice feeling when your anger isn't taken seriously. 

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

It's never ok to be hateful towards any group of people (or everyone). That said, we're all guilty of having anger or hatred towards groups of people or individuals, but we should strive to rid ourselves of those negative feelings. Life is more enjoyable and more productive when you're not busy disliking others. (I would know -- I'm so busy being irritated with others that I never get anything done! I need to work on that. :smileywink:

Sometimes guys think it's cute when girls get angry; other times, not so much. I think it completely depends on what your "angry" looks like, your relationship with the guy, and his personality as well. Thinking back to all the men I've known, I can only think of one guy who used to find amusement in me getting pissed (at him). Chalk it up to that rush boys get with that childish, pulling the girl's braids and pushing her in the sandbox kind of behavior. Most other times, guys think I'm just nuts when I'm mad, lol.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

1. no, its not ok to be a misandrist. as others have stated below, its also not ok to be a misogynist.

2. i think some guys think it is ok for a girl to be angry because they like seeing passion in a woman. so long as its not petty anger - ie, they are angry about something important and interesting - i could see how a guy would think that is cute.

kittichick

1. It is no more okay to be a misandrist than a misogynist. Both are blind hatred of another person based on gender. Why would one be okay and not the other?

The guys of your age are almost biologically **bleep**holes. Some of them stay that way, but most grow out of it eventually. Mostly. I know it's kind of lame, because everyone says this, but do try to hold on. Pretty much all of the cool, interesting people I know had extra rough teen years (me included.) 

2. Guys are people, too. Just like girls, what they think and like varies from one to the next. :smileyhappy:  Personally, I've never had a guy say that to me. But that may be because I rarely express much anger and when I do, it's kind of a lot. ... Come to think of it, I've never heard a guy say that at all. Hmm.

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

1. You have to remember all people are different boys and girl some boys even act like girls and some girl act like boys. So you can't really just hate the entire population of boys when none are exactly the same. Now it's very common that a group of guy friends are very similar because friends really influence you ALOT whether you want to admit it or not. I would say to just be really open minded to the possibility of them being any kind of way. Try being nice and making friends and find out for yourself.

2. No lol. If anything they might think you make a cute face when your angry or something but not everyone makes that face. But when your angry and it's directed at them. Most likely they won't find that attractive and if they do you might want to question why cuz they might have problems. Lol also even if you aren't angry at them but your alwayss angry at someone or having all kinds of drama and you always tell them everything. They don't think girls in drama all the time are attractive either. I have a lot of guy friends and they say yes they do feel bad for you but when your always having problems they start to assume it's probably something you are doing that's getting you into the mess (most of the time it is, sorry) and they don't want to start a serious relationship with someone with so much baggage. 

marydiva

1. I think it's wrong to hate or dislike someone because of their gender. There are good men and bad men, just as there are good women and bad women. 

2. No, I doubt it. When guys say they think it's cute, they're usually just teasing. If a girl was *truly* mad, it wouldn't be cute. Now, if a girl was just *fake* mad, that's a different story. (ish.) 

gingerblack

1. I think having an extreme dislike towards men can maybe be more harm then good. Like having anger and dislike that you think about a lot might make you more unhappy. I understand how you feel though in a sense. You should look up Radical Feminism. I think you might like it hah. Anyway, I think it is important to remember not all boys are the same and give them a chance. I know if you are younger it can be really hard.

2.I think some guys do unless you are like really angry hah. It obviously differs based on the situation but I would say it has a lot to do with like gender roles and patriarchy. Some boys don't take girl's anger seriously because they don't take girls seriously. By saying their anger is cute it is demeaning/a way to not face why she is mad and allows for a boy to feel more powerful over a girl. Anyway, I'm probably going into this too much.

neko333

1. It's not right to dislike people just because of their gender anymore then it's ok to dislike people because of their skin or hair color. I think everyone goes through a phase like this but it's important that you grow out of it. 

When I was young I didn't care for blondes (not real blondes but dyed). I had this misconception when I was in middle school that they were all dumb and just trying to conform. Many of them were airheads but not all of them. I've always been stereotyped into the wrong groups as well ( I still am) and I realized I was doing the same thing to them.

Not all males are to be disliked. All my friends are male and that's because I've been stabbed in the back by females so many times. Some people just have trouble being friends with certain genders. If your friends with guys there's lots of name calling and rough housing so if your a more sensitive female you aren't likely to get along as well. 

2. Well as someone who is described as "angry" on a daily basis by my male friends it really doesn't bother me. My boyfriend will sometimes laugh at me when I'm angry and treat me like I'm an angry small fluffy animal. Other times he say's I'm scary. I think it's due to the different types of anger. When I'm just mad or agitated is severely different from when I'm ready to murder everyone in the room. Luckily he's perceptive and usually picks up on that (if not, god help him). 

GothGirl00

(0) Hearts

I guess it is too soon to decide upon that. I used to have 1 guy friend unfortunately he changed schools so I guess I forgot what yet felt to not hate one. I am a pretty emotional person but not like; happy go lucky or something, more like angry, my guy friend was usually used as a punching bag, great that he didnt mind that much ^~^

neko333

(0) Hearts

When I say sensitive I don't really mean how emotional you are but how bad words hurt you. My friends say stuff that most women would probably not take well, and I say stuff just as bad. My boyfriend and I call each other all kinds of names ( which I guess seems odd to most people). You can go over the line with it but it's not a dynamic that works well if you get offended over every little thing. Plus I often run into the problem where they don't know their own strength and occasionally I get ouchies. I use to hate the phrase "I learned a new karate move! Let me show you." It is the equivalent of saying I'm gonna hurt you but it will be educational. 

upload_327943596776221620.gif

lylysa

I'm Old Gregggggg!!!!!

DTalksAll

"You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?" 

GothGirl00

(0) Hearts

Oh! I understand much better now :smileyhappy:

mesaana

(0) Hearts

while i personally do not base my opinion of someone based on their race, gender, religion, etc., i also believe that i am no one to judge anybody, because i haven't been in their shoes, and also because it's really important to me that people have the right to have a different opinion than me. as long as they do not try to impose their beliefs or tell me that i am wrong for mine, i am totally fine with people that have different mindsets/beliefs than i do, so...

1) yes, of course it is fine. and honestly, as long as it is how you truly feel, and it doesn't bother you, then why should anyone else's opinion matter, anyways?

2) i'm not really sure how to answer this one... i guess it depends on the guy, how mad you are, and probably other factors, such as whether the guy has a crush on you. that being said, i've definitely been told that i'm "cute when i'm mad" by guys, but that's mostly when i'm just annoyed, and venting, not blown out seeing red enraged. when i'm actually furious, (btw it takes a lot to make me furious), it's actually pretty scary, from what i've been told.

p.s. i'm a little confused as to why you asked that 2nd question considering the fact that you hate men. if you hate all guys, why would you care whether they think it's cute when you're mad or not? not a criticism, just wondering...

GothGirl00

(0) Hearts

It matters to me because I believe girls nowadays bend down too much for boys, coding irrational things like skipping classes to see them, 

oh! well I think it's confusing why they would think that considering how many people do not like to be called cute, specially in that situation 

spoiledbrat

1. Of course it is ok to a misandrist. If anyone tells you that it is not ok, they have a problem not you. Time magazine did an article many years ago the misandry mind set and went to North Hampton, MA and the Smith College campus. Many women admitted they are not gay, but because they loathe men and love women, and chose to live the gay lifestyle and are perfectly content. Others just find men disgusting, so they live solo.

2. I cannot speak to the answer to that. Some of my male friends that know me well have told me I am adorable when I get wound up about something. My belief is that has to do with being feisty and spunky. My dad always told me I could cut someone's heart out with my tongue and not draw any blood. It takes a lot to get me there, but it is true.

Goth, find what is best for YOU. P! s s on anybody telling you otherwise!

GothGirl00

Well I don't want to seem like a person who specifically hates all of one gender, but the reasons why I hate guys are.....
1. When I wore my hair up and wore glasses boys called me 'alien' , ' four eyes ', ' freak '
2. They purposely annoyed me and made comments
3. They used to hit me! And trow my food in the ground, even trow pebbles at me.
4. I grew up in a family where they were all females
5. Boys consider girls weak, and I am NOT {because I put up a fight!}
6. ( probably most important) My biological father left me and my mom when I was born so my mom had to leave her studies and get a job so she was never home and I had no one to talk to

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 39 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • janinebt