ilovetopurplefy

I Started College!!

Hi  Ladies! It's been a while since I've been on BT so I wanted to update you all. So yesterday I just started my classes for school. I'm in college now!! It's a lot different from high school but I like it. I do miss my friends though. I have only one lecture class and the rest of my classes are small classes which I like better than the lecture class. My roommate is a sweetheart. She loves makeup and nail polish as much as I do and we get along very well. We're both very crazy, quirky but shy  people and we feed off each other's energy. We live in the international dorm so we have people from all over the world and it's interesting to hear about where they're from and the culture they grew up in. I also started a teeny nail business in my room because I love nail polish and none of the girls on campus  want to go into town to get them done after one girl shared her horrific experience and some others are trying to get away from acrylics and gel nails. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my nails so why not share the love? Plus, it'll help pay for books, groceries, makeup, etc. Typical girl needs.

ilovetopurplefy

Re: I Started College!!

(0) Hearts

@mpolansky  I have a GRM which is a Graduate Resident Mentor. She's a grad student and an RA combined so she has a lot of things on her plate. Most of my floor is comprised of 30+ girls and there are 5-6 guys as well. But most of the other girls are from Brazil and China and they have their own little cliques and they don't speak English very well. Plus they all looked at me like I was crazy when I did my Mint Julep face mask yesterday :/ I've tried talking with them but it's difficult with the language barrier. :smileysad: So we have a interpreter for the Mandarin/Cantonese/Fujinese Chinese and an interpreter  for Brazilian Portuguese at our floor meetings. I would love to do that with them if they were willing to. :smileyhappy:

I would love to do something like that if they are willing

mpolansky

Ah its too bad you're not one of my residents! I'm a Resident Assistant (RA) at my school... and trust me I would have loved to have a beauty/spa type of program for my girls! If you have an RA you should try to get her to do something like that :smileyhappy:

DrWould

(0) Hearts

Yay! How exciting! I started my third year of college this week and I can't believe I'm already a junior. It goes by so fast!! A lot of people have a hard time adjusting but it sounds like you're doing great so that's awesome!!! Have fun and make the most of it! 

kimmi1115

I'm glad your first semester of college is off to a great start!  Just remember to relax and take a break from the homework grind at times.  I learned that the hard way.  You will definitely have to share your nail work on here! :smileyhappy:

kalex

Speaking of college, I had to laugh at your tweet the other day about keeping your makeup simple for the first day of school.  Then posting a picture of the 9 products you used.  :smileyhappy: Only someone on BT would think "only" 9 products was simple!

jellybean917

Sounds like you're adjusting pretty well! I was shocked how different college was from high school. Getting together with some girls and doing nails sounds like a fun way to get to know a lot of people! Enjoy, and good luck with your classes! :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

I'm so proud of you and for you. I've just grown to really enjoy you on here and I know you'll be whatever you want with no problem at all.

Titian06

Congratulations, ilovetopurplefy, on starting college and your nail business.  In case you're not thinking about it now, keep track of your nail hobby, it will prove to be invaluable experience for your resume' regarless of your career direction.

LCResz

Congrats and good luck with your entrepreneurial adventure!

dianabt

Congrats! Sounds like fun and a great way to brush up on nail skills too! :smileyhappy: I'm happy to hear you are enjoying college so much, if there is anything I regret it's that I didn't live in dorms during my own college years! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
nebel

Good for you!! post pictures of the nails you do- I'm sure many of us would love to see them! and have fun! and study :smileywink:

joeanne

Congratulations! Sounds like you really have it all together. My daughter just started college too. She misses her high school friends but is anxious for classes to start (tomorrow) and so far has met a bunch of people. She loves doing nails so she'd be so jealous to hear about your little nail business! Good for you!

violalea

Oh wow thats awesome !!! And congrats ilovetopurplefy on your college and mini business :smileyhappy:!!!!!!!!!

prettyinpa

Congrats on starting college and your wonderful nail business!  I too remember your senior project and hope that you have as much fun in college as you did in high school. Always leave room in your schedule for beauty fun!

JenBlush

That's great! especially if you are charging them! Since i'm sure you might be needing the money! College is expensive! And Starbucks is not cheap! lol

tashalicious

That's awesome,  best of luck to you and be safe!

lylysa

Congrats!!!!! I remember your senior project post like it was yesterday! I'm glad you have a swell roomie! All the best in kicking off your college life!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • ilovetopurplefy