warriorwitch

Hypothetical Saturday Questions!

Hypothetically lets say you have designed your own beauty brand! Tell me about it!

1.) What's it called?

2.) Is it primarily makeup, skin care, or fragrance?

3.) Give me some examples of your products! What's your specialty?

4.) What would be your target demographic?

5.) Would you market high end, drugstore, or somewhere in between?

6.) Does your brand have a theme? How about a tagline? (Ex. Urban Decay's tagline is "Beauty with an edge")

7.) Come up with some fun shade names!

1.) I always thought it would be cool to name a brand Ritual, or at least have ritual in the name.

2.) Makeup! Cause its my favorite, and fragrance too, but mostly make up.

3.) Sky Clad (nudie pants) Finishing Powders, Full Moon Luminizer, Illuminated Manuscript (metallic) Liquid Liners. As far as specialties, no idea! Its too many things to pick from. (Who am I kidding I am an eye shadow and liner junkie.)

4.) Anyone who like a haunting/ethereal look. (Think Arthurian sorceress)

5.) I don't know, I would want it to be fancy and affordable at the same time.

6.) I just said ethereal right? I don't know about a tagline, probably something cheesy.

7.) How about a silver color called Excalibur! And... I just lost my train of thought... Embarrassing... >_> (Not my fault you would to if a big bowl of fried rice got sat in front of you.)

sephoramusthave

Re: Hypothetical Saturday Questions!

1. LILYUM

2. skincare

3. a hydrating face cream, a natural block sunscreen that doesn't leave a white cast, a lip treatment

4. age 16 and up

5. I want an all natural line, so health food stores/vitamin stores

6. natural beauty

7. I wouldn't want my skincare to have any cutesy/funny names but for makeup....lionesque

knadala

1. 4 Seasons

2. Primarily makeup peppered with fragrance and skincare products which are limited edition for each season.

3. Portable and customizable palettes. Pressed powders and cream based products mostly.

4. All ages, busy lifestyle, low maintenance.

5. In between, there will be mostly middle range prices, but here will be some larger kits which will reach high end prices.

6. Beauty for every season.

7. Autumn leaves, Evergreen, Sandy beach, Bumblebee yellow, etc. (All based on nature and the seasons.

LCResz

1.) What's it called? Divinity

2.) Is it primarily makeup, skin care, or fragrance? Fragrances, maybe some limited edition palettes to go with certain themes.

3.) Give me some examples of your products! What's your specialty? Fragrances that are specific to regions and their mythology, with a focus on the herbs and flowers used to worship specific deities.

4.) What would be your target demographic? Men and women, since most of the scents would be pretty unisex.

5.) Would you market high end, drugstore, or somewhere in between? Somewhere in between.

6.) Does your brand have a theme? How about a tagline? (Ex. Urban Decay's tagline is "Beauty with an edge") Worship at the temple of beauty.

7.) Come up with some fun shade names! I would highlight lesser known gods/goddesses, like Eris: a Golden Delicious Apple and Ouzo liqueur scent; Thalia: ivy and amber; Freyja: lily of the valley and Columbine... As a research project alone this would be a fun theoretical line to develop.

warriorwitch

OOOhhhh! I like! Let me know what you come up with for Cernunnos. :smileywink:

LCResz

[ Edited ]

Easy! Cernunnos: evergreen and musk :smileywink: hmmm,  may get it's own tag line "for those  horn-* winters" because who doesn't love a good pun?

BeautyJunkie325

1) Geek Girl Beauty

2)  Make-up

3) my line would be a collaboration with DC Comics(marvel has gotten all the hype with the Avengers).  Each collection would be inspired by heros and villains.  Cool eye palettes, blushes, lipsticks, liners and polish.

4) all the fan girls out there

5) probably in between, maybe with annual LE items that are a little more on the high end side. 

6) maybe something cheesy like "We can be heros"

7) hmmm...I'd use super powers, places, etc for names.  Gotham - black glitter liner, Lasso - glittery gold polish, Arkham - Rich Red Lipstick, etc

warriorwitch

This. Needs. To. Happen. O_O

Meg82

Um, I would buy your make-up any day of the week, that sounds awesome.   Can there be lipsticks for all the different colors of kryptonite that are the color with a ridic amount of sparkle?  I would own that whole line, both for set completeness and also for the delightfulness of really sparkly lipstick.

BeautyJunkie325

That sounds like a good idea to me.  It would be so much fun coming up with collections, names.  I could totally see the ads - like superman coming out of the phone booth, but in reverse - super heroes/villains in costumes coming out all glammed out in that collection.

Titian06

@jellybean - I think #4 "for the chameleon" should be #6, your tag!

@glossyguru - I hope you're going to listen to some Cure--they're awesome!

@LuckyWinter - You really should get some sleep!  Your line will bring PETA to your doorstep with names like that!

warriorwitch

They totally are glossy! I can recommend songs if I have to! :smileywink:

FireSpinner

Hypothetically lets say you have designed your own beauty brand! Tell me about it!

1.) What's it called?

Cherry Blossom Beauty

2.) Is it primarily makeup, skin care, or fragrance?

Makeup and skincare.

3.) Give me some examples of your products! What's your specialty?

Jet black eyeliner, a blush that gives you a warm glow etc

4.) What would be your target demographic?

20-40 yrs

5.) Would you market high end, drugstore, or somewhere in between?

somewere in between. it should be accessible  to everyone

6.) Does your brand have a theme? How about a tagline? (Ex. Urban Decay's tagline is "Beauty with an edge")

A theme? definately "edgy/dark"

7.) Come up with some fun shade names!

devil's pit, spitfire, faint

warriorwitch

Devil's Pit sounds like a color I would want (no matter what color it was XD).

LuckyWinter

1. Kangaroo, because its unusual and probably would stay in someone mind.

2. It would be every things, seriously every things.

3. Skincare / makeup made with a special ingredient, Kangaroo oil (which somehow would be super beneficial for the skin, who knows? )

4. Anyone wanting that affordable flawless makeup.

5. In between, quality but affordable. 

6. Furry but beneficial! I have no idea, I really need to go sleep.

7. footprint black, golden fur, fuzzy white, leather brown, soft skin

This made me realize that I seriously need to go sleep ._.

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

LOL. I love the whole thing though. The best ideas always come when our brains should really be asleep. :smileyvery-happy:

jellybean917

[ Edited ]

How fun! I'm listening to music right now, so it might influence some of my names :smileyhappy:

1.) Polaris

2.) Skincare (but I have makeup and fragrance too!)

3.) My skincare and makeup will complement each other to give the customer a perfect complexion. I'd have a killer redness-reducing serum called Clarity. My overnight facial mask, As You Sleep, will be great for getting an even complexion overnight.

4.) For the chameleon! She can go makeup-free because her skin is perfect, but she can go dark and mysterious too.

5.) High-end, darling

6.) Something cheesy about being yourself - like "Who are you today?"

7.) I'd probably use names of rocks and gems for shadows and liners. And I'd have some color-changing/metallic ones called Metamorphic.

My lip shades would be one word each. Reds would be words with darker meanings - like Ruthless, Thriller, or Occult. I don't know what to call the other shades though.

warriorwitch

Oh nice! How about for nudes: Angel, Icing, Chai, Faberge, or Lily. Pinks: Bubblegum, Bopper, Disco, Scene, or Sodajerk. Plums: Victorian, Twilight, Bruise, Dapper, or Opera. :smileyvery-happy: Sorry I just couldn't stop myself.

1930sbella

Woops! Sorry, I just realized that I didn't answer question 6, I just skipped and went to question 7.  question 6: beauty in between

Meg82

Oooh these are fun!

1.) I think I would call it Em which is just the spelling of the first letter of my first name, which is not very creative.  If I were coming up with an actual line I would give it a better name.

2.) Makeup with some dabbling in skin care.

3.) I would definitely specialize in lips.  I think I'd be known for range, like you could get your electric fusion club lipstick and your everyday work makeup from the same line in the brand.

4.) I'd want a broad demographic driven as demonstrated by my range of prices discussed below.

5.) I would like to be on the cheaper side. I think you can make a good product for not a ton of money. I'd something cheapy for the teenagers (no offense teens I know you like pricy stuff too, but a lot of teens are on tight budgets from allowances and after school jobs) and go up to pricier stuff, but I don't want anything to cost more than $25 and I'd want most of my stuff between 15 and 20.

6.) I don't know about a theme, but I'd probably have a super cheesy tagline but like "Love those Lips!" in 80s graffiti font.

7.) Maybe like "Drinking the Kool-Aid" for a super bright pink and "Way Too Fun For Your Desk Job" for a red-leaning neutral that is totally work appropriate.

warriorwitch

Love "Drinking the Kool-Aid" for a shade name! (I'm easily influenced by the names of colors, so that name would instantly make me want to buy.)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 42 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • 1930sbella
    • warriorwitch
    • LCResz
    • Titian06