green71191

How many of you recommend a Brazilian wax?

Ive never done it but recently Ive been talking to a few girls and they all love it. And I'm getting a little more and more lenient towards finally doing one myself but I'm a little shy and scared for the pain. My friend waxed my arm pits for my very first time last night and I almost cried...haha. She's been doing my eye brows and upper lip for a while now. Give me your opinions? 

kittichick

Re: How many of you recommend a Brazilian wax?

(0) Hearts

Personally, I thought the armpits were almost worse than the brazillian! ... Though maybe that was because the first time I had that area done, it was the first area she did in that session. I always seem to forget just how much it hurts by the time I go back for the next session. O.o

It does come back in a lot more sparse. I hate shaving - it's just an annoying chore! And I used to have really thick hair, which I was seriously self-conscious about. So that part's a lot better.

The first few strips are a lot more painful, imo. You do get kind of used to it during the course of the session. And the pain only lasts for a moment. It can be embarrassing but a good aesthetician should make you feel more at ease. Remember, they do this all the time and are used to it all by now. I just try not to think about it. :/

Personally, I need to get waxed again after about three weeks, but I think that's a little fast. I'm thinking of getting lasered (with the help of those Groupon/Living Social deals that pop up) because I don't want to go that often. 

I guess it all comes down to how much you want the hair gone vs your pain tolerance.

green71191

(0) Hearts

Yea when my friend was getting ready to do mine, i was embarrassed to show her because hers was so nice and neat and mine was a crazy fro. :smileywink: so im a little self conscious too. 

Im getting more convinced to do it, now i need to build the courage to call.

missey1973

(0) Hearts

I paid a fortune for a Tria (700.00) and didn't see any results. I then saved my money and got a coupon for less than 200.00 and just got every thing laser. So much easier and a lot less painful then waxing.

Ellenmae

(0) Hearts

Look for someone who sugars vs someone who uses wax. The sugar is less abrasive on the skin. Gets the same job done.

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

instead of waxing, i highly recommend looking into professional laser hair removal.  it is less painful than waxing (especially for that area) and the results last much longer.  Plus, you can usually find very good deals on Groupon that make it very affordable, if not the same or less expensive than waxing!

mindy54

(0) Hearts

If having your arm pits hurt you a lot, a Brazilian definitely will.  Just get your legs and bikini done first, and then see how you do.  The funny thing about waxing:  Having your nose hairs does not hurt at all and neither does having your b-hole.  But, the **bleep** area is rough.  By the way, waxing is much worse if you are a redhead, as the roots are deeper.

SJarrar

(0) Hearts

I recommend it because you don't have to worry about the hair for 4-6 weeks and it makes hair down there a lot more manageable. I was scared out of my mind before I got my first Brazilian Wax, but it didn't hurt half as bad as I thought it would. Most people say to take a couple painkillers before you get it done because it hurts so bad, but it all matters on your pain tolerance level. It didn't hurt at ALL for me.

green71191

(0) Hearts

Thats what i look forward to, no hair for an extended amount of time. Cuz it gets annoying to shave.

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I used to get waxed, but started to feel a bit uncomfortable when my esthetician & I would talk about personal stuff like kids, house, boyfriend... I was going to her for 4 years. 

Now I use an epilator at home. It's slightly more painful, but I don't have to make an appointment, drive anywhere, waste time, and talk about my family while someone's face is all up in there :smileywink: 

Also with the epilator I can touch up when I start to get strays since hair grows in stages. 

Like others have mentioned... don't do it around your period, take a pain killer an hour before, you can use a local anesthetic cream on the area, just don't get too close to your woman parts, exfoliate before/after to help prevent ingrown hairs, use a cream/gel for ingrown hairs, and stick to a schedule. 

I want to get one of the at home laser hair removal systems, but since I'm not going to the spa every few weeks & already have an epilator that works, not sure if I'm ready for the investment just yet. 

Oh & I find my armpits to be much more painful than my bikini area, but that could be because I haven't been doing my armpits for long. 

green71191

I know how that is. Even when i go to my GYN sometimes she starts a conversation with me...AWKWARD. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Yes! very awkward LOL! 

person11

Speaking of awkward, my very first Brazilian bikini waxer ended up being a girl I went to high school with!  We just pretended like we didn't know each other.  Horrifying!

kittichick

Oh HELL no! 

green71191

Thats even worse! Goshhh

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

I get sugared at Sweet Peach Wax. I wouldn't trust my lady bits with any at home thing or anyone that hasn't been trained. But thats just me. I get a brazilian every time and I love it. 

green71191

(0) Hearts

I plan to go with someone trained but im so embarrassed for another woman to have their face so close to my lady parts.

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

eh that's their job!  Just think, it's not like you're the only one they've seen...

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

With all waxing, the pain is horrible the first few times and gets better bc the hair grows back thinner. I second the suggestions to use a pain reliever 30 minutes before your appointment.

Some tips I've found help A LOT:

Hard wax is much less painful than strips

A good esthetician will apply pressure to the area she just waxed for a second or two - this makes a huge difference bc it calms the nerve endings

Any lotion will remove wax residue from your skin

Do use something to prevent ingrowns for your first few waxes

Going regularly will help hair get on same growth cycle and will keep you hair-free for longer 

Now is a great time of year to start waxing bc you can figure out what works best for you and be an expert by next bikini season!

green71191

(0) Hearts

Why do you ladies not suggest to do it 2 weeks before your period? 

jellybean917

I had no problem getting a Brazilian until I was in a bind and got it done while on my period. I have no words for how painful this was.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • pinktorridora
    • Mariahk83
    • garnett
    • DesertRose0706