carrie1975

How long does it take you to put on your makeup?

I was once told that it shouldn't take any longer than 5 minutes to do my makeup. If it takes longer than that then you are putting too much on your face. Of course that was before primers were popular. I timed myself today and it took me 8 minutes....Not too bad! How long does it take you?

calamityjane85

Re: How long does it take you to put on your makeup?

(0) Hearts

ok, whew.... I challenged myself this morning and it still took me 11 minutes! lmao.... oh I had blush and eyeliner flying! 

hypnoticpoise

(0) Hearts

My makeup is very simple, Bareminerals Matte foundation applied w/Eco tools kabuki brush, Bareminerals primer in Gold Nugget used in place of eye shadow (the color is so pretty) and a coat of Buxom lip polish in Mia (LE color) + Kat Von D lipstick in Underage red and that's it. I don't mess with mascara, separate concealer, etc. and it takes no more than about 5 minutes on average. I love looking pretty, but I'm low maintenance, call it laziness or lack of skill, both are true :smileyhappy:) . I also don't want to look too different than I do without makeup, me but better is my makeup signature.

girlystuff63

(0) Hearts

When I was younger, I could do it in 5 minutes.  Now, especially with all the primers, products and skin care, I take about 30-40 min, depending on if I do a simple shadow look or an eye look with several shadows that require lots of blending, liner etc.  Putting my makeup on in the morning is my favorite time of day and I am fine with how long it takes.  I setup a vanity this weekend in my room and used it this morning for the first time which is probably why it took me closer to 45 minutes today.  This was kinda weird because I actually had everything laid out instead of in boxes which should have sped up the process.  Oh and the 40 minutes doesn't count lipstick because i put that on when I get to work, so add another 5 minutes at least.  I put on a gloss in the car so my lips arent bare for when i walk in the door, and then i will do a full lip.

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

5 min for full face.  Im fast that way :smileyhappy:

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

Basic basic necessities, 5 minutes. Full face and eyeshadow etc, is 20 minutes ish.

miabt

You all make me want to really time myself!  On a normal day, I usually dont spend more than 15 mins on my face: bb cream, setting powder, brows, blush, mascara, eyeliner & lipgloss.  If I actually have somewhere to go, I'll take half an hr to 45 mins for the whole shabang :smileyhappy:  Hair would add an extra 30ish mins!!

xo, Mia

MissB417

(0) Hearts

I give myself an hour. Makeup is one of the things I don't like rushing through. If I don't have enough time to do it, them I won't wear any for the day. Fortunately wearing makeup has not me afraid of my own face, lol.

properlylost

(0) Hearts

If I'm doing full makeup it usually takes me 20-30 minutes or maybe a little more because I like to take my time. I can't imagine doing it in five minutes or less, especially with eye makeup. 

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

Minimum 20, ideally 45.  I work in the industry where they require make up, hair and nails to be in pristine condition, so I need lots of time to get it appropriate.

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I CAN do a 5 minute face and look good but my makeup takes as long to put on as the time I have :smileyhappy: I like long makeup sessions before going out. It's often a relaxing and luxe ritual. 

properandlovely

(0) Hearts

Wow I envy everyone who can get there makeup in in thirty minues. It takes me an hour or an hour and a half if I'm experimenting with eyeshadow

Tayvm

(0) Hearts

Minimum 15 minutes, but I prefer about twice that (including skin prep).  I'd rather get up early than leave without my face on.  I suppose if I had beautiful skin, I could skip out the door with lip gloss on.  In reality, middle age hormones are not my friend and I have a fair bit to cover up.

joeanne

(0) Hearts

I guess I would say about 10-15 minutes, but I don't rush in the morning. I always leave myself time in the morning to NOT have to rush so i can enjoy putting on my makeup. I do hate to rush!

I can easily put basic makeup on in 5 minutes - but I really do enjoy taking my time!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

For me it's around 10 minutes... I do it much slower than I would if I was actually awake... If you wake up at 5 AM everyday, then you would understand

shellyhb

(0) Hearts

It takes me 30-45 minutes, this includes cleaning, moisturizing and priming. I have very very bad eyesight, so I take my glasses off and put them back on a lot too, I also tend to enjoy my breakfast and a bit of TV while do my face up..

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

usually it takes me 20-30mins daily. most of the prepping takes 5mins alone lol. If i am going out in the night and didn't have makeup on, it can take me 40mins. 

lb1414

(0) Hearts

No less than 20 minutes for the most part. If I'm trying something new or getting ready for a special occasion it can take up to 45 minutes. None of that includes hair. 

It's pretty embarrassing to read that so many of you can be done in 5 minutes! I don't think I could do my makeup in 5 minutes if my life depended on it. 

knitegamer

(0) Hearts

Roughly 5 minutes for a regular day look, and up to 20 minutes for an evening look. Most of the time is spent on the eyes. :smileyhappy:

Missie772

5 minutes when I am doing a simple face for work. But when I go out and want to look nice, it can take 20-30 minutes, depending on the eye look and whether or not I put on false eyelashes.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

I can do my makeup in about four minutes if I'm only doing foundation/finishing powder/blush/eyeliner/mascara. That takes me no time at all. BUT - if I'm doing eye makeup, it'll take me around ten minutes. 15 if I'm taking my time :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 68 replies
  • 40 hearts
  • 62 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • lb1414
    • sephoramusthave
    • spoiledbrat