carrie1975

How long does it take you to put on your makeup?

I was once told that it shouldn't take any longer than 5 minutes to do my makeup. If it takes longer than that then you are putting too much on your face. Of course that was before primers were popular. I timed myself today and it took me 8 minutes....Not too bad! How long does it take you?

bananachoox3

Re: How long does it take you to put on your makeup?

(0) Hearts

Usually takes me about 30-45 minutes because I love getting ready, plus I'm also watching youtube vlogs in the morning while doing my makeup.

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

Yikes not 8 minutes that's for sure. I have a few different routines and honestly if I'm doing the absolute minimal it's under 10 but on average it's about 20 minutes.

kenny

(0) Hearts

I am definitely over 5 min. Daily I usually take about 15 min but on the weekend or when I'm not in a hurry I take about 30 min, since I just enjoy the process. I don't think that by taking more time I'm necessarily putting on too much, since it's just small amounts of different products, I'm not applying each heavily.

orkira

(0) Hearts

I do a full face usually every morning.  It's my fun part of my day! It takes me 30 minutes to do my eyes, lips, and complexion.  My skincare takes me about 5 minutes as I let the moisturizer sink in while doing my eye makeup.

annekevdb

Probably around 5-10 minutes. I have to get up painfully early for work. If I skip showering so I don't have to deal w/ my hair then I can get up and be dressed and have all my make-up done, teeth brushed, etc. in less than 30 minutes. This includes a certain amount of groggy stumbling around and denial - which takes at least as long as the make-up. 

AmiraHall

(0) Hearts

omg....I spend 5 minutes on foundation alone..lol  I really enjoy the whole experience of putting on makeup and I like to take my time....So when I do wear make up it takes a while...I either wear make up or none at all.  I mean...I like to spend $$$$ at sephora so I like to enjoy each penny spent on my products...lol

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Woah 5 minutes?!  I don't think I can even wash my face and moisturize in five minutes.  20-30 minutes for me.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Umm... Yikes. 

Anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. ... But that includes skincare!! Toner, moisturizer, any spot treatment i might need...

Then, in order: primer, foundation, brow pencil & gel, eye primer, eye shadow, possible eye liner, mascara, clear mascara (keeps the mascara from flaking off within 20 minutes), translucent setting powder, possible blush, possible (but rare) Touche Eclat, UD de-slick spray, lip color.

Suddenly, I'm feeling self-conscious. O.o

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

I think I heard once that makeup artists aim for a full face in 20 minutes and it takes a lot of practice to get to that 20 minute mark when it's not your own face, so don't feel too bad!  

That being said,I was taking over an hour including skin care because concealing my acne and hyperpigmentation took so long.  That was when I realized I might need to change foundations for a while.  Finding one that worked better with my skin drastically reduced my morning prep time.  

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I work from home, so my morning routine takes about 15 minutes; teeth, face, serum, moisturizer, SPF & a TM or tinted primer. 

If I'm leaving the house, then I do a 5 min touch up; powder, brows, something with eyes & some blush

If I'm going out it can take me anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes depending on the look. 

CzaCee

goodness!! 5 minutes??? that's just about the amount of time I spend trying to perfect my brows!! LOL.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Thank you! Yeesh. Starting to feel like a freak.

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I will echo a lot of the others, depends on my look. My usual routine is about two minutes: spot concealing and lip balm/gloss. If I am going out it can take a lot longer, a good smokey eye is a work of art!

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

That 8 minutes included my new Urban Decay lip liner, which I absolutely loveeeee. Its so much easier than the pencils of the past that I won't ever use again. When I was 3 one of our Great Danes didn't like it I was trying to take away his chew toy so he bit me in the face. I had to have reconstructive surgery and the lip is still a little off shape so I use a liner to give the lips a more defined shape. The Urban Decay is so creamy yet dries and stays put very quick. I really think makeup should be enjoyable to put on, not like a chore. I spend time doing different looks even if I'm going nowhere but the kitchen. And yes, skincare doesn't count cause that can take a while to set.

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

It really depends on the look I am going for. It can take two minutes up to a half an hour.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

About 10 to 15 minutes for my whole routine.

jaimelove

i don't think it takes me too long, but i'm kind of slow too. my boyfriend complains that it takes a long time even if i'm only putting on gloss and mascara though. i should really time myself next time! 

of course i don't count skin care in how long it takes to do my makeup... if i did it would be much much longer haha. my skin care routine is quite a bit longer than my makeup routine!

Carmen241986

(0) Hearts

Hahaha tell the boyfriend no need to complain. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do after all :-D

ChicDabbler

HAHAHA...HAha....ha...ha...........

I'm a turtle. It takes me 5min to do skincare, and at least 10min for makeup but most likely 15min. For a full face/special occasion, it's 30min.

connieconcon

Complexion only - 10 minutes, but that's not including the time it takes for the moisturizer to sink in.  I attempt to wait around 15 minutes, but don't always have time.

When I add eyes in, it can take another 10-20 minutes depending on how tired I am.  Longer if I'm using colors I'm unfamiliar with.  You know like:

"Oh this brown looks so nice...crud...it's showing up rusty on me.  Oh man, now I look like I have a weird eye infection.  Well this is no good.  Crap, crap, crap, what color can I use to fix this?  An actual brown?  Maybe if I blend this highlighting color over it so it doesn't look so red.  Ok, that's a little better, maybe I'll add some brown now.  I REEEEALY should have tested this look before slapping it on in the morning.  So. Much. Regret."

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Ha! Right? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 68 replies
  • 40 hearts
  • 62 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • lb1414