How long does it take you to put on your makeup?

I was once told that it shouldn't take any longer than 5 minutes to do my makeup. If it takes longer than that then you are putting too much on your face. Of course that was before primers were popular. I timed myself today and it took me 8 minutes....Not too bad! How long does it take you?

Re: How long does it take you to put on your makeup?

(0) Hearts

Usually 30 min, but I drink my coffee and watch the latest YouTube subscriptions while I do it. Its very relaxing and I enjoy my "me" time . Then the rest of the day can start. I like a doing a full face everyday because its so much fun to play at my vanity Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

It takes me about five minutes total but usually if I'm not rushing to class I like to relax and let my BB cream dry before I put setting powder on and that could be anywhere from 10-30 minutes depending on if I get distracted lol

(0) Hearts

Depends on the look that I am doing. For my every day class/work look, it takes me 5 minutes tops. If I am going out or want a defined look, it can range to 15-20 minutes. 

(0) Hearts

About  20 minutes on a daily basis and an hour on night outs/special occasions.

(0) Hearts

I split things up, so for me it is normally shower, moisturizer, dry hair, then foundation, brush teeth, and then apply the rest of my make up (eye shadow, mascara, blush, concealer, lipstick). So the make up part is about 5 minutes but I spread the foundation and moisturizer parts out before hand. 

(0) Hearts

Oh yikes. 5 minutes? I work in cosmetics so I probably wear more than most on my work days but I also really enjoy makeup and putting it on and trying new things. A full face takes me 45 min to an hour, but on most days I don't spend more than 30 minutes on my face.

Trick question! I split up the moisturizing/primer steps (yay multitasking lol). I have very dry skin so I don't wash my face in the morning, just use some hydrating toner to refresh and get rid of any sleep gunk. Then serum/eye cream/moisturizer.

Then I make coffee. Mmm, coffeeeeee....

Then I add the primer, and get dressed while that sets. So by the time I finally get around to my actual makeup it only takes 5-10 minutes on workdays. But that's because I go for a very natural look for work. On the weekends my makeup can take more than a half hour because I'm playing around with stuff.

Hehe, I do about the same. With the break for coffee. I need coffee to get started on everything else. 

(0) Hearts

Coffee is everything.

(0) Hearts

My daily makeup routine takes about 20-25 minutes.

I start with a moisturizer and primer, then fill in my brows and set them with brow gel. I then apply liquid foundation with a sponge. I apply eyeshadow primer then usually just one shade of eyeshadow, and blend out. Next I apply my undereye concealer and. blend with my beauty blender. I curl my lashed, add mascara, and powder my face. Finally, I add a lip color and some gloss. 

If I'm going for a more casual look, I will skip eyeshadow and use a more natural mascara. The one step I will never skip is filling in my brows.

I love my morning routine - it makes me feel relaxed and ready for the day!

(0) Hearts

20-30 minutes. And some days it's longer lol!

(0) Hearts

I'd say for a typical weekday when I have classes in the morning, I just do a quick 10-15 minute skincare and makeup look.  When I'm going out and have a bit more time, I usually take 20-30 minutes, I'd say. I love putting makeup on, but I also love my sleep!!!

On a typical day, when I don't mess around too much with eyeshadow and lip colors, usually 20-30 minutes. On a day when I feel like experimenting... up to an hour!

For me it can range between 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours maybe ?. 

First I wash my face and then do serum, eye cream let that really set, then moisturizer and let that set in as well. Then I put on sunscreen and let that set and primer and let that set.

As for makeup I usually do eyes first and depending on what I want which is usually neutral easy makeup most of the time I will sit there and perfect it lol. Then onto foundation where I will spend my time with my beauty blender blending the heck out of the foundation and letting it really set before concealer and blush. Then once that's all done then I powder and spritz my face with setting spray till its wet and let it dry. 

I believe for me anyways time shouldn't be an issue, I want to enjoy the time I put into doing my makeup. I want to make my look as flawless as I can get it and therefore I take a lot longer lol. My ex use to get kinda tired waiting for me but too bad lol. At least my man now doesn't mind and even likes to watch me as well. He says I am an artist :-D

(0) Hearts

it takes me about 20 minutes to put makeup on in the morning. that includes serum, moisturizer, eye cream, eye primer, foundation, concealer, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, brows, curling lashes, and finishing powder. the only things i don't apply are face primer and mascara. i could do it in 10 if i only used one shadow color and no liner. for an evening out i would need 30 minutes.

(0) Hearts

I wish I could do my makeup in 5 minutes! I do different eye looks frequently, normally with multiple vibrant colors (still working on trying to get an 'everyday look'). My eyes alone can take 15 to 20 minutes all depending on what I'm doing or going for. On the days I wear minimal makeup it takes 5 minutes (lipgloss or stick, eyeliner, and mascara) but other then that it takes longer. 

I was going to post this question but saw it's been posted already!  Very interesting topic, seems like I keep adding things to my routine and it's taking longer and longer.  I am working on contouring more and that is adding time.  I'll have to start timing it to see how much but maybe 20-30 minutes including hair and makeup?  I have no idea who can do it in 5, not me for sure!!  Smiley Very Happy

For class, about 15 minutes gets skincare and a full face of makeup done. It can fluctuate +/- about 5 minutes depending on if I'm feeling the no makeup look or if I chose a bolder color to rock.

It's so funny that starletta8 mentioned that it takes her longer with glasses. I am absolutely blind without mine as well. Since I've started wearing them full time, it's taking me longer to do my eye makeup because I want it to stand out. (I used to be a full time contact lens wearer, but changed to full time glasses ~ 6 months ago). No idea how I used to be able to get ready in 5 minutes, that time is long gone.

That 5 minute rule of thumb is for a basic, pared down look.  However, feel free to ignore, particularly if you're using more than 1 or 2 products!

I can do my basic work look (full face) in 8-10 minutes, depending on the foundation/tinted moisturizer that I'm wearing (tinted moisturizer is much quicker for me), any problems I need to cover (redness, acne, etc).

A highly complex evening look easily takes me 20-30 minutes, on the longer side if I'm rocking glasses (I'm literally blind without them).

(0) Hearts

When I have time, I tend to spend about 30 minutes or so on makeup. In the mornings though, I'll usually only take 15 minutes or so since I'm in a rush. Though...some mornings I'm super spent and I'll just smack on some foundation, eyeliner and lip gloss and stumble out the door in about 3 minutes. Sigh. Those are the worst days, lol.

(0) Hearts

Usually takes me about 30-45 minutes because I love getting ready, plus I'm also watching youtube vlogs in the morning while doing my makeup.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments