IllegallyBlonde

How long does it take you to do your makeup every day?

I really think it takes me way too long, but no matter how hard I try (unless I skip steps) I just can't seem to take less than an hour if I'm doing a full face. Ridiculous! If I'm in a rush I can knock it to 20 minutes, but I usually have to leave out a lot of steps and it never looks the same. 

What about you guys? 

gyromadness

Re: How long does it take you to do your makeup every day?

(0) Hearts

I'm suuuper near-sighted, so a full face takes me about an hour or more T_T. Foundation takes the longest for me -  my skin is a nightmare and I need to practice/ i can't see what I'm doing.  That being said, moisturizer & lipstick - which is what I wear & no 1 curr - take about a minute XD

LindenAnn

Yeah, I don't even bother with makeup unless I'm wearing my contacts. Otherwise by the time my face gets close enough to the mirror to see what I'm doing my hand won't fit between.

gyromadness

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

And that is exactly why I have to use a hand mirror - bathroom mirrors are too far away for me!   I keep telling myself I'll get contacts, but I just really really love glasses too. I guess its time I become one of those cool kids that wears prescription-less frames.  It'd be so much easier to do my makeup *dreams of a full face every day - oh the possibilities*

LindenAnn

[ Edited ]

You might be able to see better with contacts than with glasses anyway. Since the lenses sit right on your eye they work better than glasses for really near-sighted people. I just can't see as well with my glasses. Plus with glasses I have no peripheral vision at all. lol

Although my glasses are really cute, so I sometimes feel a bit disappointed that they aren't very practical for most days.

gyromadness

(0) Hearts

Oh wow, I didn't know that!  But it makes sense - I'm always pushing up my glasses like an anime villain.  I will definitely need to try on some contacts the next time I'm at the optometrist ^_^ 

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I don't know how you guys do it!! I'm like IllegallyBlonde, it takes me about an hour for a full face, including skin care. I can knock it down to about 30-45 min if I skip steps. I blame my lengthy time on the extra steps I need for super oily skin and my weird mascara issue.

toner

spot treatment (if necessary)

moisturizer

primer

foundation (occasionally BB cream)

brows

eye primer

eye shadow (usually three colors)

mascara

clear mascara to keep my mascara on

setting powder

blush

lips

It's hard for me to cut any of those steps. Foundation is non-negotiable. I can cut blush, minimize or eliminate eye shadow, and put on an easy lip (e.g. tinted Fresh lip) in the car. I can cut mascara but I *really* don't want to.

MysticalAngel

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If it's just for everyday (work, lounging around or shopping) seven minutes max (yes, I have timed it!

My everyday makeup consists of; moisturizer, eyeliner, mascara, BB cream or foundation, lip balm/lipgloss/lipstick.

If I'm going out it takes around 25-35 minutes.

Doing my hair....that's another story! XD

sschulte1014

(0) Hearts

I usually take 30-45 minutes. I'm a stay at home mom, I have a 3 year old son and also a 5 year old son but he's in school, so I can usually take my time since I have nowhere to be by a certain time and my son slows things down just a little. 

Urbie

(0) Hearts

My skincare takes less than 5 minutes (three things on face, two on eyes), and if I do my make up it takes me an additional 10-15.  That's mostly because I'm really bad at make up so I just do the bare minimum! 

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

It's my skincare that takes me a long time....cleanser, toner, serum, anti-redness solution, moisturizer or sunscreen......Makeup itself maybe takes me 10 minutes....eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, shadow, mascara, primer, light foundation, blush and lip stick.....

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

probably about five-ten minutes,depending on how far I want to go.

evno

(0) Hearts

A full face to "go out" with will usually take me 30 minutes. Skincare, foundation, contouring, highlighting, concealing, powdering, powdering again, eyebrows, eyeliner, false eyelashes, lips, and cheeks. Phew!

Day to day, I take about 10-15 minutes. I layer on foundation where I need more coverage, cover my dark undereyes, do my eyebrows, lips, and eyeliner. The final effect is pretty different from the full face because it's more fresh and French (the style) looking. 

sephoralovex

I can get ready in any amount of time you give me. If I have only 10 minutes, I'll still be able to do my full face and eyes. Just rushed and under pressure. Give me 2 hours, I'll take my sweet time doing my makeup. Even in 5 minutes I'll be able to get everything down besides lashes and my brows wont be too defined as usually done.

Run down of all the makeup I always wear:

Liquid foundation

Concealer 

Powder

Blush

Bronzer

Highlighter

Brows

Eyeshadow (moderate-dramatic)

Eyeliner

Lashes

Lipstick

Been doing this for over 5 years now... So I've gotten the time down :smileyhappy:

lmi82

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It takes me around 5-7 minutes to do my makeup. If I'm trying something different/fancy, it can take me 10-20 minutes. My usual makeup routine consists of a pressed mineral foundation (glominerals), eyeliner, two eyeshadows, lipstick and/or lip gloss.

shoppiturt

15-20 minutes when I have school. It's not even that much, just BB cream, eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara. The bad thing is that I keep leaving my makeup till the end and I end up leaving the house late!! I don't want to cut down my time, just make sure that I actually HAVE the time to do it lol.

AlisG

I do the exact same thing every day when I go to school. I'm always late because I meddle away my time and refuse to not do the entirety of my usual school makeup routine. 

leopardstars

I think an hour sounds realistic, depending on how many steps you're using. You can always check out the beauty vloggers on YouTube to see their 5-minute face looks and whether that would be something you could do. I used to take a long time to do my makeup, but for various reasons, I've pared it down a lot over the past few years. Now, it's face oil, moisturizer, concealer, eyebrows, eyeshadow, highlighter, liquid liner, powder.

I can do most of it in 15 minutes, but the liquid liner seems to take from 5-15 minutes on its own. I generally don't wear bronzer or mascara, but sometimes my face looks extra pale, so then I'll use them. For nights out when I'm doing fun, colorful eye looks, the eyes alone can take up to an hour. I have freckles and am blemish-prone, so when I put on too much makeup I just look like a weird mannequin. I go for a natural look, and I like my brows, eyes, and lips to look like, "Oh me? I just woke up like this," so generally I'm not too precise with shaping my brows or eyeshadow, and I usually just put on a tinted lip gloss to make my lips look bolder but still natural.

I think the most important aspect of makeup is skin. Once, I went to a party with nothing on my eyes. I wanted to see if anyone would notice, so I just did concealer, tinted moisturizer, bronzer, and blush, and I got so many compliments. (Granted, I did a cool hair look that day too, so that's another point: if you're doing an interesting hairstyle, you can let that be the focal point and do minimal makeup.) My advice would be to focus on making your skin look even and bright, and don't worry too much about the lips or eyes if you're short on time. 

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

about 30 minutes sometimes more.  I do full face though, conceal, foundation, blush, bronzer, highlighter, eyes, eyebrows, Lips. It's tedious. 

charpic

(0) Hearts

10-15 minutes.  I'm trying to master the 5 minute makeup, but complications occur when I try to do eye makeup on the way to school.

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

If I'm trying to look good, getting ready takes me an hour (includes hair, make-up, and getting dressed, but let's be honest--most of that is make-up time).  If I'm in a rush, I can do full face but just nothing fancy in 30 min.

Teresaanne92

(0) Hearts

About 25 minutes. If I take my time I can easily spend 45 minutes to an hour. But a normal day it takes me about 25-30 min to do my makeup and about another 20-45 minutes to do my hair! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 62 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 48 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • btmod2
    • nikki
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • sephoralovex