IllegallyBlonde

How long does it take you to do your makeup every day?

I really think it takes me way too long, but no matter how hard I try (unless I skip steps) I just can't seem to take less than an hour if I'm doing a full face. Ridiculous! If I'm in a rush I can knock it to 20 minutes, but I usually have to leave out a lot of steps and it never looks the same. 

What about you guys? 

Britlee303

Re: How long does it take you to do your makeup every day?

It really depends on how much time I have, where I am going, and if I would rather sleep in than wear makeup that day haha. On school/lazy/errand days I just do eyeliner, mascara, bronzer and eyebrows, which probably takes me 10-15 minutes. But if I'm going out at night and want to do an extravagant eye look or something I can easily spend 45 minutes or an hour on it!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

10 to 15 minutes, depending on how tired I am that morning

annec322

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It takes me about 10 minutes.  I apply foundation, bronzer, blush, 2-3 shades eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, lipgloss, and setting spray. :smileyhappy:  Before I became makeup obsessed (a few months ago), I used to only spend 5 minutes on a simpler makeup routine...so 10 minutes still seems long to me!  

BaByKiTTy214

(0) Hearts

Just like me! :smileywink:

IllegallyBlonde

You guys amaze me... teach me how! IF I did everything in 10-20 minutes I know I'd look like a clown... I def need more practice though, I'm still pretty new at contouring and working with shadows. 

GGrace

(0) Hearts

Practice/pick out your makeup ahead of time. it will make your getting ready time so much faster.

ireneh

[ Edited ]

Here is a step by step guide:

1. Wake up 10 minutes past your alarm

2. Begin to panic you might have to leave the house looking like Gollum.

3. Panic mode is replaced by efficiency mode

(skip a couple of steps to makeup portion)

4. Blast some feel-good songs to help you stay awake. Use each song, 3-4mins, as a time gauge.

BONUS: finish within 2-3 songs

EXTRA BONUS points if you sing and dance

ireneh

Usually about 8-10 minutes if I'm just doing skin (primer, moisturizer, foundation, concealer, contouring, bronzer, lips). I mostly opt to do this one cause it takes me the shortest time haha

Full face easily takes me 15-20 minutes. (+mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, eye primers).

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

10 to 30 minutes, depending on what I have planned for my look that day.

GGrace

If I do everything its 10-15 minutes for primer, foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, highlighter, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, brows, lips and setting powder. (not necessarily in that order)

5 minutes or less if I'm in a hurry then its just brows, concealer, mascara, blush and lips.

ljp93

It takes me, roughly, about 45 minutes to do full face! I can't get it any shorter than that! :/

AznAngelLiz

For a full face and if I want to have everything in its proper place - around 30-45 minutes. My daily routine though is only 20-25 depending on if I'm watching YouTube while I get ready (Am I the only one that does this?).

I usually put on my moisturizer before I change clothes. Then it's bb cream/foundation, setting powder, blush, bronzer, highlighter, eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara, finishing powder, then lips. 

On mornings I am in a rush, I set a timer for 15 mins and usually have to skip eyeliner and highlighter. 

ljp93

I would look like the blind creature from Pan's Labyrinth if I attempted to get my time down to 15 minutes :smileysurprised:

heatherbee

(0) Hearts

Ok, that's just hilarious....

:smileyvery-happy:  :smileyvery-happy:  :smileyvery-happy:

butterblume

Full face for me is always an hour too! If I just do basic moisturizer, cc/bb cream and say, lipstick, it's down to like 20 minutes but that means no eyeshadow, no eyeliner, mascara, blush, bronzer or full foundation. I have no idea how to shorten it but I wonder if maybe that's a matter of practice since I'm still learning about a lot of things.

nikki

Depends on how much I'm doing. Everyday is 20 minutes. Cute day out is 30 and going full out is an hour.

annypoo

[ Edited ]

It usually takes me 15 minutes. I usually do my makeup in a rush before work. I keep it pretty simple: eyeshadow, eyeliner, foundation, setting powder, blush, setting spray, lipstick. I usually skip my contour, brows and mascara when I go to work.

missfawnie

Including my morning skincare, I can take 30 minutes if I rush or do a simplified routine.

Honestly, though, I prefer taking longer (like an hour). I know it means I have to wake up earlier, but it is just such a lovely and relaxing way for me to start everyday. Makeup can be tremendously therapeutic for me. 

killahbabe

5-10 minutes for: foundation or bb cream, setting powder, blush, bronzer, winged liquid liner, and lips. If I feel like it I can also do brows and lashes within that time frame.

anb0906

Whoa. Teach me those skills! 

killahbabe

I'm sure the practice comes in handy for the liner since if you eff it up, you have to start all over. Which eats up some time. But I don't mess up too often anymore. I've been getting ready faster than my husband for the past 2 years! haha.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 62 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 48 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • btmod2
    • nikki
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • sephoralovex