IllegallyBlonde

How long does it take you to do your makeup every day?

I really think it takes me way too long, but no matter how hard I try (unless I skip steps) I just can't seem to take less than an hour if I'm doing a full face. Ridiculous! If I'm in a rush I can knock it to 20 minutes, but I usually have to leave out a lot of steps and it never looks the same. 

What about you guys? 

neko333

Re: How long does it take you to do your makeup every day?

Doing my normal everyday makeup 20 minutes. 

-Concealer

-Foundation

-Bronzer

-Blush

-Brow Powder

-Eyeshadow 

-Mascara

-Eyeliner

-Lip Gloss 

-Setting Powder 

Quick and Easy 10 minutes

-Concealer 

-Mineral Foundation or Tinted Moisturizer

-Blush 

-Brows

-Lip Gloss

-Mascara 

If I'm going all out with winged liner and false lashes then it's probably about 45 minutes to an hour Luckily my hair takes me less than five to fix it everyday so I use the extra time to pick out my outfits.

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Half an hour to an hour for a full face depending on alertness, detail and if I'm being rushed. 

missey1973

LOL It takes me about 5 minutes to do my make up.  I work with all men. All I have to do is where a low cut shirt, then it doesn't matter what my makeup looks like. The guys never look up. HAHA

IllegallyBlonde

LOL does anyone else remember a similar thread a long time ago (it might not have even been BT now that I try to think of it) where a girl said it takes her "5 minutes to get ready because she does everything the night before" when the other girls pressed her on what that meant, she said she even BRUSHES HER TEETH the night before. 

The responses to that one made me die. 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Noooooooooo! Ahhhhhh! I'm a bit horrified! 

Teresaanne92

Well that's just disturbing. I had a former co-worker tell me that she refused to wear deodorant because it 'takes too long'. She had the same excuse with doing her hair. It was constantly in a rats nest because she refused to brush it. She was...erm....lovely..and smelled great...hahaha

IllegallyBlonde

I wonder how she applied deodorant that made it take a while? Like, did she use a paint brush?

Teresaanne92

She probably used an eyeliner brush and teeny tiny little strokes. 

Everybody should have time for deodorant! EVERYONE.

YouAreAlways

[ Edited ]

IllegallyBlonde

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Kind of reminds me of a girl I knew in highschool who was having a Sweet 16 on a Sunday so she got her hair done (full updo) for it on Friday since she was busy on Saturday and didn't want to wake up early on the day of the party. 

Alygal90

(0) Hearts

Not long. 10-15 minutes.

Moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, powder, setting powder, eye primer, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrows and I usually do lips in the car quick, if necessary.

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I do a very minimalist face -- foundation, blush, lipstick, maybe a powder or setting spray if the weather calls for it -- so 10-15 minutes if one doesn't count the time for moisturizer isn't uncommon.  My hands shake, so I simply can't manage eye makeup for the life of me.  My bathroom gets its revenge in the evening with my skincare routine, though.  There's a lot of nighttime maintenance involved to keep things healthy so I can skip the concealer/primer/serum steps in the morning.

makeupmaven

[ Edited ]

Since I don't wear a lot now, I can do it pretty quickly maybe even 15 min for full face (multi-tasking while making my french press coffee). But as far as the time it takes me from waking up to leaving the house, that can be awhile. Rotating in steps of an ayurvedic routine (the self-massage was taking a toll on my arms so I gave it a rest, but can include yoga, meditation, oil pulling, dry brushing, triphala eye wash, etc) can be up to 2 hrs! I don't like rushing, could probably go through it more quickly if I did...

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

I need about an hour to do full face but I guess I include the time I take doing my hair into that too....thank God 

and it takes me at least 30mins on my skincare routine too so I spend at least 2 hours getting ready in the morning if I'm going somewhere worthy of getting ready

if it's just work I'll shower the night before throw my hair up and take 30mins still on skincare and 10-15mins just with primer foundation foundation brows and simple eyeliner and light mascara.

Thank God I'm not the only one my mom makes fun of me for it and I'm planning on moving out with a roommate soon and her 2 boys one just a few years younger than me and I was fearful of them judging how long it takes me to get ready....I was actually thinking I'd just go to the gym every morning work out and get ready there so they'll just think I work out for a long time instead of taking forever to get ready lol....but now I feel better about it.....or maybe I'll still do that because it encourages me to actually go workout at least a little bit.

malday

Daily I'll set aside anything from 30-60 minutes to do my makeup, depends on how slow moving I am. If I'm in a rush I can do it in like 10-15 but I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to my makeup.

btmod2

(0) Hearts

Hi IllegallyBlonde,

If I'm in a rush, I can do my makeup in 15 to 20 minutes but that is just for the basics: one eyeshadow color, mascara, liner, foundation, brows and blush and bronzer. If I really want my makeup to look special, it takes at least 45 minutes. I'm a total perfectionist though...if I'm going out, I want my makeup to look perfect! :smileyhappy:

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

A full face takes me about 20 minutes (during the week when I am getting ready for work, on a weekend my attention span being the size of a pea takes over...) and I even feel like I take too long. I am jealous of people that can do makeup in five minutes, but like you said, I feel like the only way to make the process go faster is to fully cut things out.

One thing that I've noticed as I've been using a BB cream lately is that has sped up the process. Putting on a foundation, I find I am a lot more careful and have to take a while to blend it in. The BB cream I just put on my finger tips, warm it up, pat it on my face and use a buffing brush to quickly smooth it out. Sounds silly but I found that it cuts a few minutes off because it is as fast a a moisturizer, while a foundation requires care. I also stopped using my MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter pen in addition to a powder highlight. I use it on the weekends when I have more time, but in a weekday, concealer and my powder highlighter work fine. I like products that come in a fashion that I can just apply them straight. Example, I had been actually using my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer in place of my highlighting powder just because I can swipe it on, use my fingers to blend and be done. I've liked Benefit Watts Up for the same reason. Also, try to pick out what you are going to wear the night before or even just put thought to it while you're in the shower. Usually the only thing I have to pick out is my shadow, but I had times when I was changing tons of my products from day to day.

I'd love to know how others speed up the process!

sephoramusthave

A full face takes me 30-45 min, but I don't wear a full face everyday. If I'm in a hurry, I'll apply foundation, blush, mascara and I'll do my lips when I get to point B. And that takes 5 min :smileyvery-happy:

Dawnna

(0) Hearts

When I hurry, I can be happy with 30 minutes. When I have the time I'll put on makeup for 2 hours because I enjoy it so much. Sometimes Some nights I'll put makeup on for 2 hours - lashes & all - then wash it off and go to bed. Makeup is my livelihood :smileyhappy:

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

Two hours! I get antsy after one :smileysad: But I know what you mean, there are some nights I just want to play around and create looks and I can do that for hours. Usually I take at least a couple pictures before washing it off :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 62 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 48 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • btmod2
    • nikki
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • sephoralovex