arielaaaaaaaa

How do you keep a secret!!

Okay ladies, I'm going to need some advice! I'm trying to surprise my sister for her Birthday! I'm going to get us both Carrie Underwood tickets! She wants to go soo bad and tickets go on sale very soon! But i really want to wait till her Birthday to give them to her! Her Birthday is August 6th! I am the worst at keeping secrets from her! I've never been able to surprise her! EVER! How do you refrain from telling someone something your so excited about??

tashalicious

Re: How do you keep a secret!!

(0) Hearts

i think telling someone else is a good idea, especially if they don't know her and there's no chance they could ruin the surprise.

drrragon

[ Edited ]

@arielaaaaaa that is so sweet of you to want to surprise your sister with those tickets! and posting here to let us know when you had to spill the beans! that's adorable! *pinches cheek* hahaha

arielaaaaaaaa

Haha @drrragon! Thanks! I'm soooo excited! It seems like forever until September 5th!

melissabt

(0) Hearts

That's such a tough one!! I try to just put it out of my mind and 'forget' about it. It hard but, its worth keeping the secret till the time is right.

<3 Melissa
arielaaaaaaaa

Omg! It's already so hard not to smile cause my sister keeps talking about carrie underwood and how much she needs to go!! And my mom is just trying not to smile and its making me want to start laughing!!

rikkie

Stay strong! :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

She seriously won't stop talking about and figuring out ways to go! She's going to ask our dad for the tickets! I will have to tell him to tell her no!

rikkie

At least you know you will be getting her something she will be ecstatic about! I hope she doesn't try to get her own ticket if he says no!

arielaaaaaaaa

Ahhh too late! I had to tell her. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning if your a Carrie Underwood fan club member (cost$35) And she was seriously going to just buy the tickets cause i texted my dad and told him to tell her no, but she is so persistent on going she was going to use money from her savings to buy them! I had to tell her i already joined the fan club to get pre sale tickets! She started crying!! As long as she's happy i don't care that she already knows!  

rikkie

Awww, I'm sure she is just so happy you are doing such a sweet thing that obviously means a ton to her! Now she can look forward to how awesome it will be instead of wishing she had tickets! And you get to be the hero for making it happen! :smileyvery-happy:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Thanks @Rikkie, That's a great way to look at it! She told me earlier "If you hadn't of gotten them i might not have got them and i would have been depressed for a month until you were going to tell me"

dianabt

Awww well maybe its not so "secret" anymore but sounds like she's really happy! :smileyhappy: That's so sweet of you to do that for her! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beautylovingirl

@arielaaaaaaaa- Sorry I stink at keeping some secrets:smileysad:

beautylovingirl

I can't keep a secret like that if I know it's going to make someone so happy I always give in because I love to see people happy.

rikkie

How sweet! I think the mini diversion gift is brilliant, I am terrible at keeping secrets and waiting to give presents, so I might have to try this method out. I'm sure she will be thrilled about it whether you end up holding out or giving in and telling her early, but good luck avoiding it! We are always here to blab to if you need to talk about it!! :smileyvery-happy:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Lol Thanks @Rikkie! As soon as i made the decision i was like i have to tell someone!! And BeautyTalk is just the place to do it!!!

prettyinpa

I use the diversion method. If I am trying to keep my husband's gift a secret, like for his birthday or Christmas, I get him something small and give it to him when I feel like I'm going to burst with telling about the big item. Then I get the thrill of giving something without divulging the big item.

Good luck keeping your secret, and don't beat yourself up too much if you cave, I'm sure she'll adore you for thinking up such a fabulous present.

arielaaaaaaaa

I might have to do something along those lines! She's been wanting the Boscia BB cream so i might just get the small one and give it to her as as early Birthday Gift so she thinks that's her present! It was a hard decision to make to even get the tickets! I don't have a job anymore and am going back to school and i planned to use my money for some Makeup/skincare i'm running low on but i'll figure it out when the time comes. I would rather give her a huge surprise she can remember forever! 

pinklissamel

Try to get her focused on something else well anything else just so the suprise isn't ruined, so when you do spring the tickets on her she will be super excited about it.

Wonderful suprise !!!!!!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I can't wait to see her face truly surprised! I think she will be most shocked that i didn't give in and tell her!! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • drrragon
    • beautylovingirl