makeupobesessed

How do you heart...?

I've asked this question a while ago, but seeing beautylovingirl's post about heart oarties has inspired me to post it again...

How do you heart?  Do you give out hearts slightly more randomly or are you more conservative with your hearts, hearting only when a post really catches ur eye?  

I tend to give hearts somewhat freely, like when someone posts a cute picture or some really good advice, or when they answer to one of my post directly.  I try to  also heart newcomers a lot so they can start to build their BT heart profile ;-)  So serious, I know!  

starletta8

Re: How do you heart...?

I just want to say thank you all for the hearts- yet another hundred down for me! It's awesome to see the count climb upward.

quenbee

I love to give hearts. Hearts are a great way to show each other we aprreciate them and their contribution to the post and the forum as a whole!  I think the "Heart" was a perfect choice for this forum, as it is a symbol of  caring and from many of the posts I have read, contributors to this forum appear to be more of best friends coming together, caring about each other and are very welcoming to the newbies!  I also see those that answer questions and provide advice really take the time to put together a thoughtful response.

i was really nervous to hit "reply" to my very first post and thought I might not fit in, but then I  got my very first "heart" and reply and was hooked!  You are a wonderful group of ladies and gents and I heart all of you!!!!!!

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

I like to give someone a heart if they answer a post I've made (because I appreciate feedback!), if they say something I agree with, if they give good advice and I see it, if they point something out that I forgot... I like to give out hearts a lot, actually!

lowrah

(0) Hearts

I typically go on heart binges... I'll heart everything I read during one log-in.  Most of the time I'm a lurker/too lazy to log in though.

prettyinpa

I give hearts to most every post that I respond to, except if it is a question that has been asked a million times and the poster is just too lazy to look up the answer. I also heart responses, but sometimes I forget.....

The new feature where we stay logged in is definitely a big improvement, no more saying that I was too lazy to log in.

beautylovingirl

@starletta8- I understand what your saying but sometimes too many details can really confuse a person if their already unsure about what their asking about. Shorter answers are usually better and the original poster can ask on the parts that they might not understand without being overwhelmed by a very long post. But I think you give good answers just like your doing my lipstick and eye shawdow friend.:smileytongue:

starletta8

I have a confession: I do feel disappointed if I work on a really detailed response and don't get a response or hearts.  And then it baffles me when I get hearts for non-substantive responses... so it really is a subjective thing around here!

arielaaaaaaaa

I don't always go into crazy detail because I agree with @beautylovingirl. Sometimes it's a bit much for a newbie. But  somethings take a lot of detail for explain. For me, getting a heart ensures at least someone read it and acknowledged it. . 

ashleynne

Starletta I think everyone feels that way. Everytime I post a response it's very detailed and well thought out. It's part of working in Cosmetics for so many years (including sephora). It includes pricing, maybe amount of product, coverage, benefits, pictures, etc. You name it! lol I don't always get hearts. I wish I did it because I care about answering everyones needs in a individual way. It just sets me apart and either way if I get hearts or not I know I provided them with valuable information. Helping is good enough for me! 

colorobsession

Thanks everyone! You're all so supportive...it's pretty awesome :-D

dianabt

Congrats colorobsession!! :smileyhappy:

FYI i give a lot of hearts out at random...I love having hearts and everyone deserves them! (usually) :smileywink: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

It's not silly to feel excited when you reach your first 100 everyone has that time. I got excited too when I reached my first 100 too. It's like a feeling of knowing that your on your way to 100 more:smileyhappy:

colorobsession

Speaking of hearts, I've reach my first 100 hearts today! Maybe it seems silly, but I feel pretty excited :-) There are so many knowledgable and friendly people in this community, and I'm having a lot of fun becoming a part of it.

quenbee

YEAH - Congrats on reaching that 100 Milestone!  you're right it seems to take forever to get but when you do it feels great!  Here's to more and more 100 hearts!

starletta8

It's not silly- and trust me, the first 100 are the hardest! It's all about breaking the proverbial ice.

arielaaaaaaaa

It'd definitely not silly! I was so excited when i hit a 100 hearts!! It seemed like it took forever!! 

starletta8

Exactly!  And it just seems quicker and quicker each 100 after that.

arielaaaaaaaa

Yeah in a matter of a day i jumped like 70 hearts, I was on like all day though cause i had nothing to do but still!! They go fast after the first 100! 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Yup... I had a 200-heart party like 10 days ago and just passed 400 today. Of course, I've been sick and on here a lot lately.

beautylovingirl

I know when I first joined heart parties were already going on but that's been almost a year ago and I'm not sure who it was.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 124 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa