makeupobesessed

How do you heart...?

I've asked this question a while ago, but seeing beautylovingirl's post about heart oarties has inspired me to post it again...

How do you heart?  Do you give out hearts slightly more randomly or are you more conservative with your hearts, hearting only when a post really catches ur eye?  

I tend to give hearts somewhat freely, like when someone posts a cute picture or some really good advice, or when they answer to one of my post directly.  I try to  also heart newcomers a lot so they can start to build their BT heart profile ;-)  So serious, I know!  

prettyinpa

Re: How do you heart...?

Actually, the first heart party was given by Officegal for Tenngal.

I was doing parties for the longest time, but since I got so busy with work, my party activity has definitely slacked off. I gotta get more organized.

colorobsession

I'll heart posts that I think are interesting or informative, regardless of whether or not I end up adding a response of my own. I'll also heart people's responses, or generally when I agree with or appreciate what someone is saying. 

prosopon

I'll heart to that!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I heart pretty freely if I'm reading responses in a thread. Unless I see something I really don't agree with, I usually heart it.

I forget who originally started the heart party trend, but they were fun for landmarks :smileyhappy: (was it you, sephoramusthave? or beebrunet, ages ago?)

colorobsession

I think heart parties are such a cute idea, so kudos to whoever was the original inventor! Compared to "likes" on facebook, I think BT hearts take much more time and effort to accumulate. You really have to be an active and positively contributing member to our community to be given hundreds of hearts, and I think it's awesome that those people get some recognition.

makeupobesessed

I remember seeing heart parties a while back, but I cannot remember who it was that possibly started it...but i think its cute for milestone hearts.

bananachoox3

I heart pretty freely. If there is something I don't agree on then I wouldn't but like everyone here. We love helpful posts. 

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

Ok now I have to go back and say that I heart too if I feel like someone new or not new is trying hard too fit in to a post I like to heart just so that they know that I appreciate the input and it's okay to say what they are feeling..:smileywink:

sephoramusthave

I heart freely unless I really really dislike/disagree with a certain post.

katie1724

I'm with you on this...I'm pretty liberal with the hearts unless I really don't agree.

starletta8

I heart posts in threads that I start to thank for input, if I happen to like the post, or just if I'm in the mood.

beautylovingirl

I don't heart either if I don't agree, thanks arielaaaaaaaa forgot to add that one.

arielaaaaaaaa

Hmm, I'm pretty free with my hearts, I don't heart everything though, but i do when i agree with what was said, And if someone gives input in a thread i started i like to heart each one so they know their advice that appreciated! So if i agree with what they said, if it was helpful, they get a heart! 

ChicDabbler

I used to only heart when I'm replying to a post or in my own thread because I'm not logged in and I'm too lazy to log in *just* to heart people. Ever since the new website I've been able to remain logged in (don't think I've ever logged out in the new site...) so I've been much more generous and heart all the time. And I like this feature of beautytalk, that I feel like is not as prominent on the new site, so I make an effort to heart when I haven't hearted for a while. *cheers*

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

I heart basically for the same reasons you do  I heart if I agree, someone answers my post and I love cute pictures. I started the heart party thing for a feel good post,  but yeah that's pretty much how I heart.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 124 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa