Missie772

Holy Grail Products: Choose 1 from Sephora and 1 from elsewhere!

[ Edited ]

Hello my beautiful people!!!

What are your holy grail products and why?

I want to know your holy grail products that you absolutely love and must have that you can get at Sephora currently? (So if you happen to enable someone... they can add it to their basket or loves list immediately!)

Also, what is your holy grail products that is not found at Sephora? Why is it so special? And where do you find it?

NOTE: You must pick one and only one!!! It will be hard to choose but we all have to make decisions!

My holy grail item found at Sephora: Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. It is absolutely the best eye primer ever for my oily lids. My favorite perfume, foundation, blush, eyeshadow, etc. switch often but this never switches. It makes both powder and cream eyeshadow crease proof and lasts for hours without fading.

My holy grail item not found at Sephora: Bioderma Crealine H2O Cleansing Water. I have tried many different cleansing waters from drugstore to high end and this is absolutely my favorite. It takes off even the most stubborn waterproof mascara without tugging and pulling. It isn't oily where I feel like I need to wash my face afterwards and it doesn't dry my face out like other cleansing waters. And I got it off of Amazon.com.

I am looking forward to hear your holy grail products!

ChicagoTwinMom

Re: Holy Grail Products: Choose 1 from Sephora and 1 from elsewhere!

My HG Sephora product is tough but I will go with the Shisheido Ibuke Gentle Cleanser but honestly the whole Ibuke line is amazing. I have tried plenty of washes over the years to battle adult acne on dry/sensitive skin I get the worst of both worlds dry but still dealing with cysts. The Gentle Cleanser is so helpful with this it does not dry me out worst and also doesn't clog my pores even more. The same goes for the softening concentrate, refining moisturizer, and the enriched refining moisturizer.

My HG non-sephora item is Kérastase Resistance Ciment Thermique - Prime it makes my hair amazing. My hair is super fine but I have a LOT of hair so it can get out of control with fly-aways, breaking off, and tangling this keeps it all in check and protects it from the damage that heat styling causes because I blow dry daily.

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Ohh!!! I am always wanting to try out a new line that doesn't dry me out or clog my pores either! Battling with adult acne is the worse! I went through it and I was like I AM NOT A TEENAGER, this shouldn't be happening to me now!!!

And I see you live in Chicago!! Are you downtown? I am in the South Loop! :smileyhappy:

punctuationgeek

Sephora: Ren Cleansing Balm--I think I've mentioned this in almost everything I post lol.

Elsewhere (Ulta): Real Techniques buffing brush--I started a thread devoted to discussing the new line of RT brushes, so I think it's an obsession now.

Missie772

(0) Hearts

YES YES YES I absolutely love the RT buffing brush for my foundation! I bought the MJ foundation brush thinking it would be a better version of the buffing brush because it is high end and designer. NOPE- I still prefer my buffing brush over it!!!

HelloCoffee

Sephora: Cover FX concealer

Elsewhere: Loreal true Match liquid foundation 

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

Forgot to say why, lol

Cover FX:  I have genetic dark circles and am pale, so this is a creamy formula that matches undertones and really covers well.  I've tried tons of concealers....this is the best for me.

True Match: again, it matches undertones, has SPF and goes on smooth and gives a natural finish.  And, a great price!

Missie772

(0) Hearts

My sister loves the True Match foundation! I am in between colors though!!! But for that price, I can get two colors!

katie1724

This is hard! I have a few HG products, both skincare and cosmetic -- but eek, I will try my best! 

HG item at Sephora: Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream -- I love this and consistently buy it over and over.

HG item elsewhere: It's definitely a Rx-strength retinoid, BUT since one can't buy them outright, I'll go with Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum (see what I did there? :smileywink:)

I also love Bioderma! It's a great brand :smileyhappy:

Missie772

(0) Hearts

I got a sample of the Shiseido eye cream with an order and it was amazing! I have too many eye creams to go through but once I am done, I will definitely think about ordering that!!!

britvidell02

Love this thread!

Sephora: Nars Sheer Glow… my skin tends to be sensitive and I was always terrified of foundation before I tried this out. MAC made me break out like crazy and with drugstore brands I could just never find the perfect shade for me. I got color tested at Sephora and the Mont Blanc is PERFECT for me. I've used this for years, which is rare for me as I always love to try new products!

Nonsephora: Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream. Again, sensitive skin! This stuff is not too harsh on my face but I still feel like it gets makeup, oil, dirt, etc. off! Another product I've been using for years!

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Yes!! Mac made me break out like crazy as well!

My first high end foundation was Nars Sheer Glow. It is amazing!!! It is perfect for me for the winter. I am a bit too oily to use it in the summer unless I use a setting powder which I don't like doing because it takes away the glow!

SallieSunshine

The Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is my holy grail product as well. I discovered it five months ago, and it is impossible to exaggerate the impact it has had on my eye makeup. No more standard eyeliner imprints on my upper lids, no more creases by 10 a.m., I can use whatever colors I want and they stay where I put them - Where *was* this stuff for the last 25 years?!

And speaking of coincidence, I've been wanting to try Bioderma for months but haven't been able to find it in the States. I can't believe I didn't think of Amazon! Thank you!

If I had to pick a non-Sephora HG product, I'd say it's Olay Regenerist Regenerating Lotion with SPF. It's my daytime moisturizer. I've loved it until recently; now my needs are changing, so I'm on the search for new skincare.

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow base is the best! I can't believe it took me so long to find it! I thought that UD PP was the best so I used it for years before trying something different!

I hope you found the Bioderma and love it!

infinitise

From Sephora: 

Guerlain Lingerie de peau founation

- The color #31 has the perfect amount of yellow to really complement the undertone and correct any redness 

- the coverage is perfect, the texture is awesome, 

I have tried almost all the foundations that are out in the market and haven't found one yet to replace this. 

Elsewhere: 

Tonymoly aqua sun gel 

- I personally hate hate hate sunscreens, but they're so important. I've tried oil free ones from Shiseido, Lancome and Clarins, but they still get oily and and greasy. 

- This sun gel is so much quicker to absorb and is so light weight that my I don't have any trouble wearing makeup over it 

Missie772

(0) Hearts

An aqua sun gel? Wow that is awesome! I have to try it!!! (I too also hate hate hate sunscreens- I even like my foundation not to have SPF in it!)

hydee77

It would have to be.. Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing gel from Sephora and Tree Hut Body Scrub that I get at Ulta (they usually have a deal on them, buy one get one half off.)

Missie772

(0) Hearts

I have never tried PTR Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel. A lot of people love it! I will definitely try a sample of it!

gingerblack

Mmm idk I buy so many new products that I don't have a favourite. 

I guess for Sephora it's the Laura Mercier exfoliator. For non-Sephora I'd say the E.L.F brow set, I can just put it on so fast and it looks nice.

kittichick

LM's face polish is one of the first products I fell in love with! :smileyhappy:

Missie772

(0) Hearts

I got a deluxe sample of it at Sephora- I think a point perk or a promo code and I loved it. But I hardly ever repurchase anything- I like to keep on trying new things all the time!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 143 replies
  • 140 hearts
  • 55 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • hydee77
    • sephoralovex
    • theramenlover