Missie772

Holy Grail Products: Choose 1 from Sephora and 1 from elsewhere!

[ Edited ]

Hello my beautiful people!!!

What are your holy grail products and why?

I want to know your holy grail products that you absolutely love and must have that you can get at Sephora currently? (So if you happen to enable someone... they can add it to their basket or loves list immediately!)

Also, what is your holy grail products that is not found at Sephora? Why is it so special? And where do you find it?

NOTE: You must pick one and only one!!! It will be hard to choose but we all have to make decisions!

My holy grail item found at Sephora: Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. It is absolutely the best eye primer ever for my oily lids. My favorite perfume, foundation, blush, eyeshadow, etc. switch often but this never switches. It makes both powder and cream eyeshadow crease proof and lasts for hours without fading.

My holy grail item not found at Sephora: Bioderma Crealine H2O Cleansing Water. I have tried many different cleansing waters from drugstore to high end and this is absolutely my favorite. It takes off even the most stubborn waterproof mascara without tugging and pulling. It isn't oily where I feel like I need to wash my face afterwards and it doesn't dry my face out like other cleansing waters. And I got it off of Amazon.com.

I am looking forward to hear your holy grail products!

Missie772

Re: Holy Grail Products: Choose 1 from Sephora and 1 from elsewhere!

(0) Hearts

I love the Dior Creme de Rose! If I could only get one thing from Dior for the rest of my life, it would definitely be it!!!

jellybean917

It's hard to choose just one Sephora product!

Sephora: Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara

-If I leave the house and only have time for one makeup product, this is it. It's the perfect mascara for me.

Not Sephora: Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Cleanser

-Sephora used to have this, but they don't anymore :smileysad: Best cleanser for my easily-irritated skin! My skin is no longer red after I use it, plus it's not drying.

linda84

(0) Hearts

Loved the Iconic Overcurl! Funny because I hated it at first, but after like a week, I was in love. Dior mascaras are my all time favorite!

Missie772

(0) Hearts

I love Diorshow! I overused it and now I am taking a "break" from it and trying to use up my mini mascaras. (Plus it saves me money!)

HMNewbie

HG @ Sephora - Laura Mercier Flawless Cleansing Oil.  Can't believe how clean my face is afterwards (almost no residue on my toner cotton pad) and it leaves my face moisturized and not dry.

HG not @ Sephora - Creme de La Mer, the original, hands down.  I don't wear it in the morning under make-up b/c it's a bit heavy, but I love to put it on at night and wake up to super soft skin in the morning. 

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Ohh... I have always wanted to try Creme de La Mer but the price tag scares me. And the pushy sales associates at Nordstroms keeps me away from the counter! :smileyvery-happy:

theramenlover

Ooooh! I love browsing and reading everyone's replies in threads like these! 

Sephora HG → I'm going to go with makeup for this and say the NARS Tinted Moisturizer. I love it for both the Summer and Winter, plus it is light on my skin and makes me feel like I'm not wearing anything at all. 

Non-Sephora HG → Clarins Bright Plus HP Gentle Renewing Peel! It's a liquid and I use it like a toner every night after I am done washing my face. It's actually an exfoliating toner and I cannot be without it! 

swfupload_8878945298163935108.jpg

Missie772

I love Nars! My favorite is Sheer Glow!

Oh... this Clarins Toner sounds pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing!

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

I've been wanting to try the Sheer Glow for months now! I keep worrying that it won't be good for my oily skin but now that it's Autumn and my skin is drier, I'm totally popping into Sephora for a sample :smileywink: 

Thanks for starting such an interesting topic!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Definitely get a sample of Sheer Glow! I've been using it for a few months now, and it's the best foundation I've tried. Although I haven't tried many, it's pretty great. It's definitely medium coverage, but it's not completely matte which I like. I feel like when things are completely matte, they can wash you out. But this doesn't. And it actually works better with oily skin. I'm combination, and it settles a bit in my dry spots. But if you moisturize beforehand, you're fine!

lyravega

(0) Hearts

You should definitely grab a sample of Sheer Glow and try it! There's nothing sheer or glow-y about it. I was avoiding it forever, like a plague, because I don't like anything shiny on my face. Plus, I don't like sheer coverage. When I finally tried it, I was amazed! Coverage is good medium ( of course, you can sheer it out if you like, or build it to fuller coverage ), and finish is semi matte! And it's pretty long wearing on me ( but my skin is not oily ). Amazing stuff.

lyravega

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I LOVE NARS Tinted Moisturizer and Sheer Glow foundation as well! Those two are my favorite go to TM and foundation right now! And NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder is my fav setting powder!

hydee77

[ Edited ]

Holy Grail product from Sephora would have to be the perfume Mure et Musc by L'Artisan Parfumeur.  I'm picky when it comes to perfumes but this is one that I absolutely love.  I have never splurged for the full size bottle but plan to during the F&F sale.  I'm still working on a small bottle I got months ago.

Holy Grail product from elsewhere would have to be the Freeman brand of face masks.  You can find them at Wal Mart and some drugstores, I get mine at CVS.  I currently am using the Avocado & Oatmel and it does a good job of drying out of all oil.

Missie772

Interesting perfume- I have to check my local Sephora to see if they carry this so I can smell it! Splurge away during F&F!!

vanillammm

Love this thread topic!
What drug store cleansing waters have you tried? I have trouble finding them in the drug stores. (I too am I Crealine H20 fan, but I am always on the look out for a more convenient-to-find version)

Sephora HG: Benefit Stay Don't Stray 360 degree Primer. I don't use this as an eyelid primer (though it does work well for that). I use it as a concealer because the color matches my skin precisely and it keeps my discolorations covered all day long.

Outside of Sephora HG: Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy Lips.
You can't get it in US stores but you can find it online. I first stumbled upon it in a Boots on a trip to Ireland and have been ordering it ever since. Keeps my lips moisturized with its light, silky texture, and adds a slight rosy tint to my otherwise flesh-toned lips. I would literally cry if I couldn't get it anymore.

aa.jpg

I probably would have listed Bioderma Crealine H20, but since you clearly know about that already, I figured I would pick something you may not already be exposed to. I use the KGD cleaning water for travel, and while it is nice, I definitely do not prefer it to Crealine.

Missie772

(0) Hearts

It looks similar to Smith's Rose Salve that you can get at Sephora and CO Bigelow's one at Bath & Body Works. Have you tried those yet?

I have so many cleansing waters: No7, Loreal (from Amazon), Caudalie, Sephora, H2O+, and Lancome.

Thanks for letting me know about the KGD and how you still prefer Bioderma over it!

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

I didn't know that No7 had one... I will have to keep an eye out for it.

I have tried: Sephora, Caudalie, Caudalie makeup cleansing water, Vichy, Klorane, Shiseido pureness, 2 by Yves Rocher, Koh Gen Do, Mustela, and Dior. 

None of them beat the makeup removing power of Bioderma Crealine. I don't know why I keep trying others.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

ok well now i HAVE to try this mysterious Bioderma Crealine cleansing water!  I've tried Lancome, Avene, La Roche Posay, Caudalie, Sephora.  So far La Roche Posay is my favorite, but I'm always on the lookout for something new! :smileyhappy:

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

Yes, I have both the Smiths and C.O. Bigelow rose balms, but they just aren't the same... Smith's has no color, and I prefer the smell/taste and color of the Vaseline over the C.O.

linda84

(0) Hearts

Where do you order the Vaseline from?

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

They have it on Amazon, and Ebay. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 143 replies
  • 140 hearts
  • 55 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • hydee77