nebel

Holiday! :)

Happy Chanukah, everyone! On my drive home, I drove by a wet, miserable little boy who was given the dubious "honor" of throwing the switch to light a public menorah. His parents were out there in the cold and wet snapping photos. He looked like the most miserable child on the planet (and in this weather, I can't blame him!) To my Jewish BBFFs, I hope your candle-lighting was warmer and dryer!!! :smileyhappy:

lucyshnoosy

Re: Holiday! :)

(0) Hearts

I just realized that I've been singing the words "Happy Thanksgiving" to the tune of "Hava Nagila" as I do food prep in the kitchen.  Love this holiday mashup!

lucyshnoosy

Gobble Tov, everyone!  I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgivukkah!

Last night we lit the menorah and had latkes, today we go to dear friends for Thanksgiving dinner.  Tomorrow is my son's birthday.  So many celebrations! :smileyhappy:

nebel

OMG, gobble tov!!!! I love it!

DTalksAll

Happy Chanukah Nebel! 

Poor boy, it was yucky yesterday. We actually had snow, really, really big flakes I thought it was fake LOL! 

spacesuit

That poor kid, I hope he came home to a warm living room and extra gelt. :smileywink: And same to you! I'm way less observant than I was growing up so I haven't owned a menorah in years, plus the only ones I've seen for sale locally are pretty expensive as the Jewish community near me is fairly wealthy. Trader Joes has latkes in their freezer section, I might pick some up this weekend :smileyhappy:

pinktorridora

Oh I'm so glad there are others here on BT celebrating :smileyhappy:

Happy Hanukkah!

Titian06

Happy Chanukah, everyone!  In case you don't know, this is the first time since the 19th Century that the first day of Chanukah and Thanksgiving have fallen on the same day.  The next time this will occur will be in nearly 80,000 years!

nebel

Thanksgivingukah!! :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

Happy Chanukah everyone!  Poor little boy, I hope he got to go home right after and get warmed up with some nice matzo (spelling?) ball soup. My Jewish neighbor when I was growing up always brought us some Matzo ball soup to help her celebrate- it was awesomely good!

mrscoco

Happy Hanukkah! May there be miracles in your days!

lsp2005

Happy Hanukkah to you too! I hope that you have a lovely evening. DH gave me the Give Me More Lip set tonight and I LOVE 13 of the 16 colors. I am so excited to wear all of them.

spoiledbrat

Happy Chanukah to you Nebel. We celebrate both thanks to Mom and Dad:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 48 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • mrscoco
    • pinktorridora
    • lucyshnoosy