Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Hobbies/Collecting. What's yours?

Everyone has something they love to do or collect.  What's yours?

-I am a huge Sailor Moon fan and have a rather large collection, and still growing. I suppose I consider it both, a hobby and collecting

❤️ Moonie for life ❤️

-Limited Edition Disney dolls from The Disney Store, these dolls are just gorgeous

Re: Hobbies/Collecting. What's yours?

There is no permit needed. I just see the wild life on my security camera at night. The closest I have come to something is a skunk in my backyard at night in the summertime!

@Mellmars1185 hi, can I ask you if you know how many months garlic needs to grow? I want to grow indoor garlic, but it's been a month and nothing has happened yet. The soil is ok, and I don't water it too much because I know that garlic bulbs don't like wet soil......but I don't see anything yet, not even a small green sprout, nothing 🤷‍♀️🧄

@Skunk12puzzola I am sorry. I am not sure! I have never grown garlic before! I just did a quick google search and it said 8-9 months. I hope that helps! Good luck with the garlic!

@Mellmars1185 oh sorry you!! I was reading that you and @heartsmyface were talking about plants and so I thought I could join the conversation for a second and ask you. I did google it too a few weeks ago, and even on youtube they say it takes alot of time, but I was hoping that someone could tell me like: nooo, it's a lie. Your garlic will grow in 2 weeks with these tips haha 🤣😅 but I guess, I will need alot of patience....

@Skunk12puzzola Hehe no need to be sorry! Please keep me posted on your garlic!!

@Mellmars1185 let's hope I will have some news for you soon 🤞

@heartsmyface Thank you for the tag, this thread is so fun! 🙂 I'll give you cooking classes any time (and baking too, hehe!) it would be my pleasure. Which reminds me, I have to actually remember to photograph something I make/cook and post it on the Re: What's on your plate? thread 🙂

@QueenMarceline Yes, yes you do!

@QueenMarceline   That would be so fun!! make it a BIC cooking show called ‘Baking with Bronzer’ 😂

The idea behind the classes was to get out and just DO something, ANYTHING!   And then we were locked down hard😅

@heartsmyface Oh my god, that sounds amazing haha! I think Sephora needs to get us signed for this BIC reality show baahahahah!

Antique/vintage cookbooks (1940's or earlier) are my thing.  I scour antique stores looking for the oldest ones I can find.  I love reading through them (especially if they have handwritten notes or recipes) and being amused at the odd things people used to eat, (ham mousse or boiled tongue anyone?) and testing out now out-of-fashion but not-so-strange recipes like molasses candy.

Wow, that's very unique. I would have never thought of that, I can't imagine some of the odd things people used to each back in the day. I think i'll pass on the boiled tongue though. 🙂

I love going to concerts so I like to collect all my tickets and memorabilia. I used to collect Skeleanimals. 

Great idea, a small remembrance of a good time out 🙂

I have a collection of Swarovski crystal animals, although it's been quite some time since I got a new one.  My mom started getting me these as Christmas gifts in 5th grade.  The first is still my favorite after all of these years - a little mouse with a spring for a tail :-).  I also have the entire Hallmark ornament series of Mary's Angels.  Again, it was a gift from family that started as a kid.  My grandma is 87 and still getting one for me each year.

@AMHWKI  Awww that’s so sweet!!  I have two little Swarvorski frogs from back in the day I used to be a frog collector:). 

Aw, that is so sweet. That's such a sentimental collection, it all started with your mama. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

Hi darkiceis,

I have an unintentional Moogle collection (keychains, plushies, things like that!). It's not like I go out looking for Moogles but once I see one I can't resist!

Moogle.jpg

Kindly,
Nika

Moogles! I assume that you are a Final Fantasy fan then. Mogs are so cute. 😄

Conversation Stats
Photos55
  • Moogle.jpg
  • B2AC7C3B-D909-4A1C-B86A-668D7132C87B.jpeg
  • locket doll.jpg
  • chock.jpg
  • ducknhide.jpg
  • gadzooka_white_front_small_smaller_images.jpg
  • 11F2170E-4E76-4F7F-BF32-07BD6650E69D.jpeg
  • 77F6A598-87E6-4794-9B10-3D4A0F6A55AB.jpeg
  • BE584574-C1F2-442A-A49D-002C238041FD.jpeg
  • 1D4EE582-F86B-49D0-81FF-021B0A9DFEA9.jpeg
  • Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 19-03-52 Kinder Joy Sweet Cream Topped with Cocoa Wafer Bites Chocolate Treat + Toy - 6ct.png
  • IMG_20220222_074504872.jpg
  • IMG_20210721_080207539.jpg
  • Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 13-22-49 9 Steps for Growing Big Garlic .png
  • Thank you gif.gif
testing