kimmi1115

Have You Ever Thought About Starting A Blog?

No spamming or anything like that, just a discussion.  I love how katyl128 asked about the forum rules when it came to her new blog.  I wish there were more people like that on the online world. 

Anyway, have you ever thought about creating a blog?  Everyone on here has a unique knowledge on the various topics.  I've played around with the idea for some time, but never knew what kind of blog.  Since I've been into nails for a while, I have thought about it.  It seems like a relaxing hobby, but there are a gazillion nail blogs out there. 

Like I said, I'm not trying to spam or anything.  Just honest discussion.  I hope I'm not in trouble or anything lol.

glamournut

Re: Have You Ever Thought About Starting A Blog?

I would not start a blog, but I don't like writing too much or would I want to use my time writing one. However, I love to read what other people have to say. Everyone sounds like they have something very interesting to write about, so I would love to read all of your blogs! I love make-up, fashion, hair, the whole works! Good luck and I hope that you either start the blogs or continue to write them. I think it's a fabulous service to society - or at least to people like me, who like to read and not write! :smileyhappy:
cherrybombtastic

I have 2 blogs (1 personal and for friends, 1 for reviews) and a tumblr. I've consistently blogged for over 5 years so it's not a big deal to get back into the groove. Even if you write 2 lines a day, at least it's something.

kalex

It's funny you should ask because I was just invited to contribute to a fashion blog I've been a reader of for quite some time!

I've thought about my starting my own blog on and off for a few years but I could never quite figure out my niche.  Baking, makeup, fashion, crazy things my kids do....  Those are all the things I love and I could do a combination of all those things, but who would care besides my mom?  Hopefully I will enjoy (and do a good job) with the part-time blogging. 

I definitely think you'd be great at a nail blog Kimmi!

kimmi1115

@babybear04  I think you could use that focus for a blong.  Someone else out there may have a similar situtation.

@sephoramusthave and @fran11  The amount of products is one thing that hinders me.  I do have a bit of a stash to work with, and on a slow day I figured I could go back to some past nail art for a post.  I keep all of my nail art photos in a file on my computer.  If I did start a blog, I want it to have the perspective of a college kid on the nail polish hobby, especially since it relaxes me from the stresses of school.

@katyl128  The "being made fun of" crossed my mind, too.  None of my Facebook friends seem interested in what I have to say about nails, but some do 'like' my nail pics and comment on them.  No one has said, "Stop with the nail art pics!"  If someone did, depending on the person, I would probably respond with "stop with the daily self portraits" or "stop with the baby pics."  lol. 

@kalex That is awesome!! I think you will enjoy writing your post, and I believe you'll do an excellent job.  Your posts on BT are interesting and clear to read.  Thanks!  I may cave and start one.  I just have to figure out a few things first, especially which blogging service to use.

@dianabt  I have a Twitter that is collecting virtual dust lol.  I mainly read random and funny feeds.  I don't think Twitter is as popular with my high school friends and whatnot.  However, I love Instagram!! lol.

dianabt

I would love to have my own blog but I know that I can't dedicate the time to it that I wish! For now I have my own twitter and an instagram account where I like to post makeup (rarely these days) but mainly my nail manicures!

I admire those who have such amazing and fantastic blogs! It is so much dedication and artistry to put together and keep a successful one going! I also think it has to do with relatibility to your audience. :smileyhappy:  Maybe one day I'll start one! I better start booking makeup models now haha

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
katyl128

It was a good six months or so before I finally decided to start my blog. I was going back and forth for so long, thinking about whether or not people will like it, if I'd get made fun of and so on. Then I was just like screw it, I'm gonna do it. Even my fiance was like, if this is something you love to do, then go for it, so I did. I hope to eventually expand my blog and start Youtube videos in the future, but I gotta get past my shyness first so for now, I'm ok with sitting in front of my computer, writing about what I love :smileyhappy:

nikkee

I never thought about starting a blog but I have seriously considered starting a YouTube beauty vlogger channel. It seems like so much fun! I'm addicted to watching the videos though and I've learned everything I know about makeup from YouTube. And I know a lot for my age!

dolceloure

I have a blog -- just a simple, full-of-random-posts xanga blog that I haven't written in in ages. :smileytongue: I often think about starting a new one though, but what stops me is (a) finding the time to blog regularly (b) a focus....I have a number of unrelated topics I want to blog about -- from beauty to fitness to reflection on my life experiences. (c) I feel lame writing a blog and not having any subscribers/followers, lol.

I have a youtube account, and love the idea of posting videos relating to beauty/fashion, but right now my account just holds videos of me playing the piano, so again, for me the issue is wanting to find a specific focus!

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Nope, I can safely say that I have never thought about starting a blog. I love to read about beauty and share what I know BUT a blog would require so much more of my time, and I already spend WAYYY too much time on BT. The only blog that I follow every once in awhile is Temptalia and I dont even care about following any more. Too much temptation, too many items added to wishlist and too much money out of my pocket. Plus I would have to own a LOT of products to be able to post and review them everyday, and even though I own plenty, I dont own nearly enough stuff to start a blog. If I worked for a beauty magazine and got free stuff to take home everyday, than that would be a different story.

fran11

Good point about the products, sephoramusthave! It does seem like a lot of these bloggers get sent stuff from the manufacturers to test and review..... But for that to happen you have to a) buy your own for who knows how long and b) people actually have to read your blog!! Haha I'm sure for as many successful blogs that we see out on the web, there are probably tons more that never gained a following, for whatever reason!

babybear04

I've been thinking about starting one all summer.  In struggling to find the right skincare routine for my acne-prone skin (after trying literally EVERYTHING!) I found myself reading thousands of positive reviews for a product and having hope it would work for my skin.  But, of course, whatever works for the general population DOESNT work on me.  So in realizing that everyone is different and has different skin types, I thought it would be clever to create a blog that reviews products based on skin type, not just what the product is supposed to do.  For example, if you have sensitive, acne-prone skin, you'd click on a link that would direct you to a page full of many different products that worked for people ONLY with sensitive acne-prone skin.  But it would't just be the common skin types, it would also be more in-depth descriptions of skin types.  For example, there wouldn't just be an "acne" category, rather different categories within acne such as "blackheads" "whitheads" "closed comedones" "open comedones" "pastules" ect. ect.  I dunno if this makes any sense/I did a good job explaining it, but this would basically be a way to help people find products based on their SPECIFIC needs, because not everyone who suffers from acne has the same type of "acne" that most people do (like me!). Just a thought! Let me know what you guys/gals think or if you have any suggestions!

makeupobesessed

I can't tell you how many blogs I read about fashion, beauty, and makeup but I've never wanted to start one of my own.  I for one don't  have that much time.  I also don't think that I could say anything that hasn't aLeroy been said. I live reading others blogs, but it's just not for me to start my own.  I only really know about products that work for me, I don't have a vast knowledge of makeup and products To be able to help others.  For the most part, I'll. Leave the blogging to others who want to do it and are good at it.  This goes for YouTube videos too.

fran11

[ Edited ]

I love reading beauty and fashion blogs and watching some really great beauty blog channels on you tube. I thought it would be a lot of fun to start a blog, but I think it would take a lot of work and dedication to make it successful and I don't know if I have the time or energy to commit to that :-). Instead, I'll just continue to enjoy being a reader/viewer!! 

sammiebaby

hi kimmi1115,

I also really wanted to start a blog but I just never knew where, how, or what I'd put in it.  I thought hey what about if I just put up reviews of stuff I've used, or places I've been???  But then I get lazy and am just like I don't get out much and haven't tried many things either so I'd make the most boring blog on the planet.  And to top it off there's tons of blogs and I don't want to get stuck on the computer either. So I dunno, I've swung the idea back and forth but I would like to do one.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 76 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • cherrybombtastic
    • glamournut
    • sephoralovex