pandapple6

Harley Quinn

I made my friend a Harley Quinn plushie. For those of you who don't know who she is a brief bio of her: (In the Bamtan series) Harlene Quinzelle was a criminal psychiatrist who worked at Arkham Asylum. She there meets the Joker, Harlene develops a fascination with his psyche. She begins to treat him, however she falls in love with him. Harley enters the world of crime as The Joker's accomplice and girlfriend, Harley Quinn (a play on Harlequin, a clown). Dr. Harleen Quinzel becomes Harley Quinn - YouTube <this is a more detailed story for those who are intrested. 

harley quinn.jpg

I was thinking of going as her for Halloween next year, if I can convice one of my firends to be the Joker as well. However, I don't want to use the white face makeup they sell at places such as Party City, it always looks cakey and gross by the end of the night. Does anyone have an alternative? 

Also who is your favorite super villian? 

makeuppiggy

Re: Harley Quinn

Last year I went as a vampire  so to get a white look I used a white powder  and a lighter foundation on my face.My favorite villian is Chernabog. He's the most evil of all diseny villians and is in fantsaia.Unknown.jpeg  

sara505

Maleficent all the way!!! Harley Quinn turned out awesome! That will be a great costume :smileyvery-happy:

tiffanybt

You did a great job finishing that doll pandapple6! 

Illasmasqua and Cover FX are great options for your face makeup. Another alternative if you want your complexion to me radiant and have more glow is to use the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 4Snow.

mufe.jpg

My favorite villian has to be Ursula because The Little Mermaid was my favorite Disney movie.

ursula.jpg

Cheers,

Tiffany

prettyinpa

I can't offer any better advice on the white foundation, but I love the Catwoman!  The original Catwoman (Julie Newmar) from the TV Batman series was just so slinky and played such a woman scorned!

janinebt

What a cute doll! My sister was a huge fan of the Batman series when we were growing up, so I'm pretty familiar with Harley Quinn :smileyhappy:. Everyone's given you excellent suggestions in terms of a foundation that will provide you with a bone white complexion, I'd also recommend setting the foundation with a translucent powder like Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Powder which will even out the foundation while providing your skin with a subtle glow.

In terms of super villains, my favorite is Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
berniebeauty

janinebt wrote:

In terms of super villains, my favorite is Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. 

I agree, Disney super villians are epic, Scar is the best

projill

I have also used the lightest color in the Cover FX Total Cream Foundation (E0) to get the white faced villain look.  Illamasqua Foundation is probably your best bet though since it is more white.

RF 105

E0 Porcelain

Make Up For Ever also carries some great products if you live near one of the Sephora locations that has the store within the store (Venetian in Las Vegas, South Coast Plaza in Orange County, CA, or Soho in NY).  They carry clown white and a white pressed powder as well.  You can always use the Make Up For Ever HD powder (or any pure white/translucent powder) to set your foundation.

You may also want to invest in a Flash Color Palette since you may benefit from using other colors in this palette to create that look.  I have used the white to do masks and skeleton looks for Halloween.  A little bit goes a long way with Flash Color so there is plenty enough product for many years of Halloween looks. :smileyvery-happy:

And my favorite villain.... Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmatians.  Those cheekbones are insane :smileyvery-happy:

xoxo

Jill

dianabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Pandapple6, 

I really like the plushie you made! It looks GREAT :smileyhappy: That would be an awesome costume to dress as, as well. I agree with Keely, you can try Illamasqua makeup, or even a SUPER porcelain foundation with a powder on top if you really can't find a white makeup that works. I have those cream/oil makeups from Party CIty as well and they are definitely too heavy and greasy on the face for me too. :smileysad: My super villain I THINK would have to be the evil queen from Snow White.. oh I was TERRIFIED of her when I was a kid, especially when she was the old woman.. and to have the huntsman bring dead Snow White's heart back to her in the box? Noooo thanks! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
keelybt

Omg that is so cute! Illamasqua makes a good full coverage white foundation- Rich Liquid Foundation in RF 105.  When you are not a super villain you can use it to lighten a foundation in the winter months :smileywink:  For my super villain (not sure if this counts) but I am partial to Gargamel from the Smurfs and the Misfits from Jem.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 39 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • prettyinpa
    • tiffanybt
    • pandapple6
    • makeuppiggy
    • projill