lillyjumper

Happyness

So over the past few weeks, I have gotten bad news after bad news... I feel like I just can not get a break. Last night was the worst.. I won't go into to much detail, but basically the rest of my competitive year has gone to shreds.... the joy :smileysad:

anyways, if anyone has anything pretty that can even make me smile that would be awesome! and enablers to go shopping (Sephora, Ulta, MAC etc!!) would be fun :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

Re: Happyness

Enabler assistance: ULTA is still running the 21 days of beauty, through Saturday, their daily beauty steals are fabulous. Haute Look still has Laura Geller on sale for 1/2 off (mostly). 

We here at BT all heartily endorse a good spending spree, I'm sure that all of us have found retail therapy to be the best kind, so go forth and shop!

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

Lillyjumper- I know how you feel about your competitive year being shot, it happened to me once too and I felt like crap for awhile. But being with the horses and feeling their love, made me think that it's going to be ok. Not fast, and not all at once, but better each day. I hope you feel better soon.

wallpapers-horses.jpg

lillyjumper

and i qualified for the NAL finals and everything... and this was the first year that I could have done the finals....  I was showing and jumping around 4' and now I have a pony to train that could possibly do around 2'6"... Its nice to have a project to train, but I just wish I could go to finals and not have to worry about whats going to happen if my horse can never be ridden again....

mpolansky

[ Edited ]

Here's something I wish someone would have told me today: It's going to be ok. No matter how tough life is right now, everything will be ok, YOU will be ok. You're stronger than you think.

Sometimes life is hard.
tired-golden-retriever-puppy.jpg

But just in case you didn't get enough cute overload from the pictures below, here's a few more :smileyhappy:

Meet my puppies!
They always make me smile, maybe they'll do the same for you.
DSC01198.JPG
IMG_2976.JPG

:smileyhappy: sending happy thoughts your way!

lillyjumper

your puppies are adorable!!!!!!

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

I'm truly sorry to hear of your bad news regarding your competitive year. Maybe this gives you time for finding a new hobby you love? Also allows time to experiment and see what you like? :smileyhappy: Good luck!

beautylovingirl

Your puppies are adorable and that one has the most beautiful eyes! How could those faces not make you feel better.:smileyhappy:

mpolansky

Thank you! She's my favorite.... I know you're not supposed to have favorites but she totally is :smileywink: such a stinker though. She gets into everything!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would be so bad at getting on to her because once she looked at me with those eyes it would be over:smileyvery-happy:

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Oh that's exactly how it goes! She's got quite the personality, it's hard to be mad at her for long!

DTalksAll

Cheer up! 

swfupload_5463482158376918907.jpg

swfupload_2845479245961990367.jpg

swfupload_8844917289784219298.jpg

swfupload_3551358178017052996.jpg

beautylovingirl

Here are some pictures to make you feel betterbaby picture.jpgALL-SMILES-l.jpgcute-puppy-l1.jpgPuppy-Planking-l.jpgHope you feel better soon!:heart:

lillyjumper

these are so cute!!

linda84

So sorry to hear you are having a bad time. Give yourself a little pampering session. Bath, facial, hair mask...and treat yourself to a pretty lipstick!

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

ugh i wish i had time though :smileysad: i have so much tonight between my driving lesson, visiting my horses, and homework... then i leave tomorrow afternoon for a competition where i am just running around and only am at the hotel to sleep and shower and beautify myself :smileyhappy:

jaimelove

i'm not good at dealing with stress, when things get really rough (and this happens often, i have a lot on my plate) i tend to do a LOT of retail therapy. i also tend to shut out anyone who adds to my stress, which is pretty much just my sisters. they've been on a time out for a while now and i feel so much better than i have in the past few months. if there are things in your life that you can cut out, even temporarily, or people who you can put on time out, it could help tremendously. find someone who you can really lean on and rely on (i have my boyfriend and an online group of friends from a birth club) and trust to not use your problems against you, or even try to use it to gain attention for themselves. it sucks, but there are people out there who do that. 

and don't forget the retail therapy. you can never get enough retail therapy! (even if you get put on "probation" for it. like i did. haha) 

shut up and take my money.jpeg

lillyjumper

lol that sounds like fun! after my competition, i will go shopping crazy!!!

ChicDabbler

Aww, *hug*. My happy picture collection:

swfupload_2345985701437436874.giflolz.jpgswfupload_4102961236267166782.jpgswfupload_8462809918253854841.jpgswfupload_8028715763460122721.jpgswfupload_9024689283316272406.jpg

Also, some Sephora Favorite kit or a YSL lippie always brightens the day. =)

spoiledbrat

Beautytester, can I just tell you I love your for posting the above pictures. Will bookmark this post for future sadness, they just make me even happier! "Thank you!" Talk about cuteness overload!

Lillyjumper, this too shall pass. Treat yourself to something. Even 10 minutes of yoga or walking will make you feel better, i promise. You are now one day closer to having a better day. Cheer up dear:smileyhappy:

makeupmaven

I don't have any easy ones, but yoga is a great stress reliever. Another practice that's helped me a lot recently is dry brushing; if you google "why you should start dry brushing today" Mind Body Green has a great article (there are tons out there). Wish I had a more light-hearted response, but these practices help me a lot!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 49 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • ladyace74
    • ChicDabbler