DTalksAll

Happy Friday Questions!

Happy Friday Everyone! 

1. Do you keep your nails long or short & what's your preferred shape? 

2. What kind of weather will you be having this weekend?

3. Do you stick your fingers in jars (moisturizer, serum...) or do you use a spatula?

4. Favorite pet names

5. Would you ever run a marathon? 

1. Usually short, right now they are a bit long because I keep putting gel polish on them. I like a rounded square (the natural way they like to grow) Sometimes I'll do oval, or a slight point. I don't like square on my nails. 

2. Surprisingly warm... record highs in the low 80's, might get some rain since the humidity is really high, and it won't chill too much at night.... I LOVE IT!

3. Depends on what it is & how lazy I am. I try to always use a spatula, or I'll dip a knuckle in, but I try not to stick a finger/nail in jars. 

4. I'm funny and like to name animals a different animal. They names are usually in Ukrainian, but it's still funny. I helped my friend name his cat, mouse. It's cute! & My boyfriend named our parent's dog after a sausage & sauerkraut dish... Bigus

5. NO WAY! I don't do long distance running. My friend ran the NYC marathon 2 years ago under Fred's Team (Sloan Kettering's cancer research team) because his mom was a patient. She passed away last year & he's running it again this year with his girlfriend. I love to watch the marathon, it's so inspiring, but I can't do it. 

beautylovingirl

Re: Happy Friday Questions!

(0) Hearts

1. I have acrylics so they are short and square.

2.Rain ?

3.I use my fingers for moisturizer I hate those little spatula's.

4.For boy dogs Marco and Louie and girl dogs Bella

5.Yes

nightknight

(0) Hearts

1. I keep my nails long, since they grow so fast. They're usually rounded.

2. Cold....:smileysad:

3. I do if it's mine and only mine.

4. Link and Charles Xavier, the names of my two cats!

5. No. I don't have the stamina for a marathon.

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

I keep my nails short and round. 

Weather man says 80's and sunny. Story!

If it belongs to me, I stick my fingers in. 

Sophia Louise, Fonzworth Merlot, and Bentley Picasso

I hate running but I'd do it for a good cause. :smileyhappy: 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Those names are so cute! 

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

1. I keep mine short with a slightly rounded shape.

2. I am not sure, the weather here isn't totally predictable, especially at this time of year. It was under 80 degrees for the first time in a while today, which was welcome.

3. I've never used a skincare product that wasn't dispensed from a pump or a tube, except for a couple of body butters (which i did stick my hands in)

4. I like when people give their pets names that are unusual but still make sense and are really fitting. I think it's kind of strange when pets have really common human names, one of my friends named his cat Paul and it's just... awkward. somehow.

5. Any kind of running is out of the question for me, though I can walk 5-6 miles without getting tired. I have a huge respect for people who can run long distances!

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

When they get too long, I end up biting them off :smileysad: So I prefer to keep them short (and round)

Looks like rainy and in the 60's

3. Do you stick your fingers in jars (moisturizer, serum...) or do you use a spatula?

I stick my fingers in. I do try to buy pump versions of products.

4. Favorite pet names

I had a little Yorkie named Spike. I loved that! I also like silly names like Pickle, Buttons, or Patches that I've seen on Too Cute.

I don't know if I could do a whole marathon. The most I've ever run in one go was 4.5 miles. lol, 1/6 of the way there!

solveig

(0) Hearts

I have absolutely no preferences when it comes to my nails. I usually let them grow, filing them down a bit every week. When one chips or breaks, I file them off completely and start over. I usually start with a square shape on short nails, but make them more oval-shaped as they grow out.

Here, in South Texas, we only have 2 seasons: summer and then when the air and the earth is ON FIRE!  I think it's going to be summery this weekend.

I usually buy products with pumps. A lack of pump can be a deal-breaker in buying a face product for me.

4. Favorite pet names

Baron or Sir (one day I'll get a beagle and name him one or the other)

I've done it a couple of times for charities.

FireSpinner

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

1. Have to keep my nails short for work (i slack sometimes tho :smileywink: )

2. Rain, rain and more rain. It'll be on the coolside. Welcome to Canada. lol

3. I use my hands? lol

4. Pumpkin & Pie (there's a story behind that one) :smileyhappy:

5. Noooo. Unless i had smaller chest, a super awesome sports bra and i was in shape lol *my cardio is horrible*

LCResz

(0) Hearts

1. I keep my nails short out of necessity (I keep breaking them when I have to fix the copy machine at work!) but over the summer I am able to grow them out and I keep them pretty straight with just the edges slightly rounded to keep from snagging things.)
2. Probably warm with rain :smileytongue:
3. Fingers, but I always wash my hands before handling my skin care or eye care stuff.
4. See, I read that question differently. When think pet names I am thinking of the nicknames my husband and I have given each other, like Snugglebunny and Poopykins. We don't own animals :smileyhappy:
5. We run a half marathon every year, but haven't tried a full one yet. I would if I could do it when the sun wasn't too strong, MS and heat do not mix well :smileysad:

asdsfgh

(0) Hearts

1) Usually short and round

2)Low 80's

3)Fingers...oops

4) My dog is named Nike

5) No no no no no you can't even convince me to run a lap :smileyhappy:

makeupmaven

1. Short.

2. It's hot in SF, and I get on a plane at 1:30 AM for Thailand...supposed to be in the 80's there, rain/ lightning/ humid.

3. I use a face oil with a dropper so N/A. I do stick my hands in my jar of coconut oil that I use for my body. Coconut oil is anti-viral anyways so not worried. I use a spoon for the jar I use for cooking/ oil pulling/ smoothies, and a large/ cooking spoon to scoop it out of my gallon container (when refilling the smaller jars).

4. My cats name is Tito; she's my husband's cat from when he was a teenager in Hollister. She came to his doorstep when she was a baby. They thought she was a he, hence, Tito. Other nicknames are Bubbles, Tickles, Cuddles, Bubblicious, Bubblina, etc.

5. No, I'm not a runner. My legs are on the muscular side so I'm built better for short distances.

Have a great weekend everyone, will post some pics from Thailand when I get back!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I keep them a good medium length, although right now they are a little shorter than i would like, :smileysad: And for shape, i keep them Squoval (Square but rounded a little at the sides.)

Well were supposed to get a cold front, So at least it won't be HOT! Just kinda cool.

I Don't use many things in a jar, but if i'm testing it i use a spatula, but if it's something i use daily i use my finger, I always wash my hands good before washing my face and stuff.
4. Favorite pet names?

Hmm i would love to have a Great Dane and name him Thor! 

Ohhhhh NOOOOOOO! Never.

DTalksAll

Did you finally file them down to match your middle finger? I'm going to do that tonight now that the rest of mine are longer :/ 

arielaaaaaaaa

I kind of did, I filed both hands down alittle because the one that broke wasn't too short, but my other nail that broke on the other hand is sooooooo short, but they are all pretty even except the short one. :/

joeanne

(0) Hearts

1. Do you keep your nails long or short & what's your preferred shape? My nails are short.  I try to keep them neat and leave the cuticles alone, as I have a bad habit of picking when I am stressed, so the best I hope for is short, neat and maybe some clear polish!

2. What kind of weather will you be having this weekend? I think it's going to rain all weekend. We had a gorgeous week though, so I can't complain.

3. Do you stick your fingers in jars (moisturizer, serum...) or do you use a spatula? If it's just me using the product, clean fingers it is!

4. Favorite pet names - I have never actually named any of my pets as they have all been rescues. I've had Max, Bud, Jesse and Rudy - all male golden retrievers. But my female golden was named Karma, and that was a great name!

5. Would you ever run a marathon? Probably not.

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

1. Short & natural.

2. Nasty! It's going to be 100° where I live. :smileysad:

3. Fingers definitely.

4. Depends on the pet.

5. Do zombie runs count?

DST57

(0) Hearts

1. Short, maybe just a millimeter past my fingertips. Usually square with very slightly rounded edges.

2. Rain rain rain

3. Don't have many products in jars, just my eye cream I think, and I do use my finger for that although I'm a germaphobe so I wash my hands immediately before (and after too, actually)

4. My dog's name is Brady. I'm one of those people who like to name their pets with human names like Lucy or Max or Sophie.

5. If I thought it was ever a physical possibility, I'd say yes, but I'm thinking that's just not in the cards for me haha I am not a runner...I've tried Couch to 5k several times and managed to hurt myself every time around week three or four.  I just don't think my body is a runner's body, and I'm ok with that.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

In my culture it's bad luck to name a pet a human name. :smileysad: 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

1. short

2. bright and sunny!!

3. I sticketh my fingers

4. Beans for a dog is cute I think

5. nooooooooooo

jennjenn123

(0) Hearts

1.  I trimmed them last week, so they're just mid-length. Squoval shape.

2.  It's in the mid 80s.

3.  I use my fingers.  Hey, I was just washing my face and therefore have clean hands!

4.  We've decided to name future pets, well cats if we ever get my allergies under control, after cheeses.  And dogs will be named after war heroes.  Future guinea pigs (with the crazy fur) will be Einstein and Oppenheimer.

5.  I hate running, so no marathons for me.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 32 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • annonymous1
    • ilovetopurplefy