Jessithediva

Halloween!!!

Hey guys! So as you all know Halloween is coming up and I am super excited but have one question...should I wear my costume to school?! I'm in 7th grade and dont wanna be the only one wearing a costume! Ya know what I mean? anyways I'm being a dark angel and my BFFL/sista is gonna be a reg angel...sexy costumes lol. So if your dressing up what are you guys gonna be???? And once again costume + school????????? thanks

- Jessi <3

Jessithediva

Re: Halloween!!!

Hi Guys.OMG I am so sorry I caused all this talk about nudity and stuff. I thought the lol would show y'all that I was just joking around with you guys. Antoine: I am 12. I don't smoke, drink or consider "doin' it" until I'm much older and married. I'm just a 12 year old girl who loves getting feedback from you guys but after this... I promise I'll be more careful when it comes to what i say. As for my costume, go to spirit halloween.com and type dark angel in the search box. Mine is the one thats called gothic angel teen costume. (but I'm not allowed to wear fishnet leggings) Again so sorry guys!!!!!

-Jessi

berniebeauty

Hey Jess, 

It really isn't your fault, I hope we didn't scare you away from posting, it was a really nice thread, just some touchy wording haha.

As for the costume... IN LOVE.

I love the look of the shoulders, the double strap  with one on top, one on the shoulder. It is a really neat design. And what I said about social taboo wings doesn't realy apply, because they look to be a good size where they are contained to your back, and not too far out wards. Again, super cool!

Hope you have a haunting Halloween

~We are all beautiful~

antoine0000

(0) Hearts

Jessithediva wrote:

Hi Guys.OMG I am so sorry I caused all this talk about nudity and stuff. I thought the lol would show y'all that I was just joking around with you guys. Antoine: I am 12. I don't smoke, drink or consider "doin' it" until I'm much older and married. I'm just a 12 year old girl who loves getting feedback from you guys but after this... I promise I'll be more careful when it comes to what i say. As for my costume, go to spirit halloween.com and type dark angel in the search box. Mine is the one thats called gothic angel teen costume. (but I'm not allowed to wear fishnet leggings) Again so sorry guys!!!!!

-Jessi

Hi Jess :

None of that was your fault !   Those who are responsible from taking this topic about Costumes & Haloween are to blame.  I know you're a good girl but sometimes adults don't stick to topic and start talking about other things- and they should'nt !  So now I've seen your costume and it looks great to me!

DId you find out if you can wear it to school ?

Write Soon,

ANTOINE

antoine0000

RE:

[ Edited ]

dianabt wrote:

Hello All, 

Please keep in mind that going forward we will begin moderating the posts more in depth. If needed, we will begin banning any posts that are not appropriate subject related or if necessary, anything UN-Cosmetics related. As always, our top priority is cosmetics and beauty and we will begin to refrain from other topics to keep the peace and substance of our community boards should we have to come to that point.

Thank you for your understanding and for your respect. 

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]
@jessithediva- I don't agree either that you should only wear your costume at home in the evening! (I'm with you Gymchic, Berniebeauty and Lylysa). That's like buying a party dress to sit home and watch reruns! Halloween costumes are made to be worn and as long as your school allows them and you follow the school rules, then have fun. You are only young once and when you get older and busy with life, you won't have as much opportunity to have fun dressing up for Halloween.

If you do go out to a party or event, go with and stay with a group to stay safe!
prettyinpa

@antoine- I think it's unrealistic to think that young women in 7th grade don't talk about sex. Around here, they start teaching sex and drug education at 11.

I am thinking that Jessithediva is making a joke about a sexy costume, she did write lol after all. It is sometimes hard to get the full meaning from a post, since we can't hear the inflection and see the facial expressions that go with the writing. I also believe from reading her posts that she isn't planning to go around naked, rather she is thinking of a flirty costume, in keeping with her peers. Her parents would have to ok the costume before she wore it presumably, so the sexiness of her costume is a family matter.

Besides, her question wasn't requesting our approval of her costume, she was inquiring whether others thought that she wouldn't be the only one wearing a Halloween costume to school. As advisors here, we shouldn't stray too far from the topic (just my opinion).
prettyinpa

RE:RE:

[ Edited ]

@antoine-I am certainly not advocating sexual activity by 11 and 12 year olds, but do not agree with you that young people should not be taught anything about sex until they are older. The Internet, television and the media bombard them with messages about sexuality each day, and their hormones are agreeing, it would be foolish not to teach them how things work and how not to get pregnant.

As for your views on the criminality and low morals of America, if this bothers you so much, why stay here? I am proud to be an American and do not feel our country is full of criminals and immoral. I also believe that when you restrict information, be it about sexuality, the dangers of drugs or any topic, you are abridging the rights of all.

Let's agree to disagree.

*climbs off soapbox*

lylysa

Like others have mentioned, check with your school to make sure they're fine with costumes and if so, what type and any dress code proceedures that must be followed. You don't want to get into unnecessary trouble for something seemingly as innocent as wearing a costume.

Our intention is not to lecture you on what is appropriate costume-wise as you are your own individual and that's not the opinions you are seeking, just be sure it's fine by your school that you can come in costume and the type. Maybe have a photo of you dressed up handy so you can speak with a principal and show them what you plan on wearing to see if it's allowed.

antoine0000

(0) Hearts

lylysa wrote:

Our intention is not to lecture you on what is appropriate costume-wise as you are your own individual and that's not the opinions you are seeking, just be sure it's fine by your school that you can come in costume and the type. Maybe have a photo of you dressed up handy so you can speak with a principal and show them what you plan on wearing to see if it's allowed.

Whether she seeks it or not , if its not appropriate she will be told.

ANTOINE

antoine0000

lylysa wrote:

Like others have mentioned, check with your school to make sure they're fine with costumes and if so, what type and any dress code proceedures that must be followed. You don't want to get into unnecessary trouble for something seemingly as innocent as wearing a costume.

I think LyLysa has a great idea there. Be sure to do that and to be sure what you can and can not wear.  Of course, your parents must allow you to do it also.

Good Luck,

Antoine

berniebeauty

Re: Insulting Posts & Attempts to threathen or Humiliate :

[ Edited ]

It very sad that you cannot deal with the fact that there are differing opinions and cultural differences. The ladies on this thread think it is okay that young girls can feel flirty, or sexy. You disagree. It makes no sense to get so defensive about it. You may be offended, but there is a difference with your attitude and the attitude of others. We all have our opinions, and once in a while we just need to respect others. 

I hope in the next thread we can all have a more positive and understanding attitude. :smileyhappy:

~We are all beautiful~

berniebeauty

[ Edited ]

First, you DEFINATELY want to check your school's costume policy. Mine school is no masks, weapons, and nothing revealing. And wings are a social taboo because its annoying in the halls. If your costume is ok, then you might want to talk to other friends tosee if they are. If you have enough friends dressing up you won't feel awkward. 

Personally, in my high school people are really into dress up days, during spirit week and holidays. I am definately dressing up, and I'm a sophmore, so you're not too old by my standards. I'm alice, and my friends are the queen of hearts, mad hatter, rabbit, etc. :smileyhappy:

Hope you have a spooky halloween! 

~We are all beautiful~

prettyinpa

Does your school have a costume policy? If so, then I'd follow that. When I was in school, I wore my costume on Halloween but it was always pretty tame, like a cowgirl, cat or a Disney character. You could check with your friends to see if they are wearing their costumes to school. Or you could pack your costume in your backpack and scope out the others and change quick in the bathroom if it seems ok.

I am still puzzling out what to wear for Halloween this year, my costumes are usually pretty lame because I'm too busy to do much creative.
antoine0000

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Jessithediva wrote:

Hey guys! So as you all know Halloween is coming up and I am super excited but have one question...should I wear my costume to school?! I'm in 7th grade and dont wanna be the only one wearing a costume! Ya know what I mean? anyways I'm being a dark angel and my BFFL/sista is gonna be a reg angel...sexy costumes lol. So if your dressing up what are you guys gonna be???? And once again costume + school????????? thanks

- Jessi <3

Gymchic365

Antoine-

That post was incredibly rude! You told her explicitly that she could NOT be sexy, that it is not right to wear her costume to school, and then ended with a snide "you're welcome". You have 

no right to talk like that to anyone on here.

Jess, please don't listen to him. I think your costume sounds awesome and as long as you check your school's policy, you can wear it to school. I personally am going to be a fairy princess. Yes, I know that makes me sound like I am five, but I will wear a short, sparkly dress with a fluffy skirt, wings, a tiara, and I'll get my makeup done at Sephora. I don't know what my school's rules on costumes are but I'm sure they will anounce it. I hope you are allowed, becase that would be a ton of fun!

~Gymchic

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 40 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • antoine0000
    • berniebeauty
    • lylysa
    • Gymchic365