Gymchic365

Halloween costumes

Hey guys-

I know it's a little early to be thinking about Halloween, but I want to get good costume ideas this year. What costume would you suggest for a 13 year old freshman? The past three years, I was Ms. America twice and a zebra once. I have blond hair and blue eyes, but if someone were to suggest something like Cleopatra, I would gladly buy a wig! I kinda want something glamorous and I'm open to doing cool face/body makeup (btw I found a great site called beautylish that has TONS of tutorials including Halloween ones). Also, if anyone has good ideas for group costumes let me know. I will probably be going with 6 or 7 friends but we may have more people coming and we don't have to dress alike. I just want to know soon so I can start shopping for it lol. Thanks everyone!

~Gymchic

akwardwhitegirl

Re: Halloween costumes

(0) Hearts

LOL this is crazyyy!

im a 13 yr old freshman! 

anywho.. i honestly have no idea what you should be...

id recomend barbie, see as if you have the looks for it.. but being something like that can be hard.. you would have to find clothes that she would wear.. and if you dont have the *cough cough* assets... you might have to stuff....

so idk try it out, and id love to see pics of whatever you decide to be(:

lowrah

I'm too lazy to do costumes these days.. but my favorites were always the home made ones.

When I was really little, my mom sewed me a Pebbles (from Flinstones) costume.. fur spotted shorts, a big bone for my hair, etc.

But my absolute favorite was "Hippie" when I was in 7th or 8th grade. My dad had this funky technicolor striped shirt that he let me have. My mom cut it up, sewed triangles on some jeans (instant bell bottoms!) used the rest of the shirt as a mid-drift and a headband, and I wore another tie-dye shirt underneath. I wore the jeans almost always until my butt grew too big.

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

Honey Boo Boo or someone from Toddlers and Tiaras; Juliet from Romeo and Juliet; Pocahontas; Gwen Stefani; someone from Bridesmaids; Pippa Middleton; Princess Diana; Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl...

bijouxkristyna

sugarskullphoebe2.jpgHello!

My daughter did a SugarSkull look for Halloween and won first prize at her middle school Halloween party.  :smileyhappy:

dianabt

Hi bijoukristyna, 

That is a gorgeous look! I'd love to try that for Halloween one year, but am so afraid of messing it up I'd really need to plan it out first! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
antoine0000

Re: Halloween costumes @GYM CHIC

(0) Hearts

GIM CHIC :

Did you finally decide what costume your gonna wear ?  If not I'm gonna sew one for you ! hehehe (joke okay!)

Antoine

Gymchic365

@Antoine-

Yes, I think I've said in about 5 different places that I'm going to be a fairy princess. Short pastel poofy dress, wings, tiara, and creative makeup included. I do NOT want you to sew one for me, regardless of your sewing skills. Please stop treating me like a small child- that comment implied that I could not handle picking out a simple Halloween costume. 

~Gymchic

P.S. Also, this may be nitpicky but puh-leaze spell my username right! It's not that hard lol

antoine0000

(0) Hearts

Gymchic365 wrote:

@Antoine-

Yes, I think I've said in about 5 different places that I'm going to be a fairy princess. Short pastel poofy dress, wings, tiara, and creative makeup included. I do NOT want you to sew one for me, regardless of your sewing skills. Please stop treating me like a small child- that comment implied that I could not handle picking out a simple Halloween costume. 

~Gymchic

P.S. Also, this may be nitpicky but puh-leaze spell my username right! It's not that hard lol

Good, Fairy Princess is nice. No I wont sew for you , it was joke ( look at the post  I said it was a joke ). Okay then enjoy it Gymchic365.

Antoine

makeupobesessed

I'm always so lazy during Halloween, my kids egenerally chose something from the store and we try and accessorize it.  They are my 10 and 7 ,so they usually don't chose elaborate costumes yet.  One year, I made them Mickey and Minnie, then I had a cowboy, princess, ninja, Glenda the good witch, skeleton, cow, hippie chick,  Darth Vader, Harry Potter, a few Disney Princesses....so I promised we'd go this weekend and look around...it'll be interesting what they pick this year.

bijouxkristyna

Thank you Diana, we had a lot of fun with it.  There was some planning, and a lot of last minute winging it.  :smileyhappy:

lylysa

If you do the Katy Perry route, have your friends be the candy themed girls/dancers! My friend wanted to be KP last year and I was gonna be the peppermint girl, but the plans fell through! I love big group/themed ideas! The more the merrier!

dianabt

How fun! I Love halloween.. I actually buy my costume far too ahead of time (this year was in February shhh) and sometimes have more than 1 depending on how many events I'm going to! I sometimes like to dress fun/happy for a nice change from the ghoulie/goblins out, but Halloween in the US definitely has a different feel for it than may be in other countries! We love to be scared and go all out to dress crazy and creepy! 

This year I'm dressing as a sort of vintage 30s flappery-Vampire with a light up dress, I can't wait! I even have a battery pack in the skirt to use but it needs MUCH more lighting! I've dressed up as so many things I can hardly remember but I think my favorite was a 40s army pin up girl or Lady Gaga. :smileyhappy:

Go for something not too exposing or adult, enjoy Halloween while you're still young!  A cat is always fun, or a celebrity, cheerleader, greek goddess or a Fanta Girl! You can add a fun wig to ANY outfit honestly, I was a witch with a hot pink bob a few years back!. I like the Katy Perry idea, I'd love a long blue wig :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lexikaye

[ Edited ]

I love halloween, it is so much fun to dress up! This year I will be in Jamaica for halloween, so unfortuneatly I wont be able to dress up.. but I had planned on being Katy Perry. She is so fun and her outfits are super adorable, and dont forget about her super cute makeup!!

If you do want to dress up like Katy Perry, I suggest this look:

I don't know if you know how to sew or have somebody that you know who can sew for you, because this outfit is pretty much just all sewn together.

Beautybitten on youtube has a tutorial of how she made hers.. I completely recommend watching it, she pretty much sums up everything that you need to do.

For makeup, I would definitely do a fuchsia sparkle on your eyes..

So first start out with a primer of course, what ever is your pick of choice. Then use a hot pink eyeliner, something like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in Woodstock

Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

Use Woodstock to make a super thick line from your lash line all the way up to your crease.. wing it out a tiny bit.

Then use an eyeshadow like Urban Decays Woodstock and go over the liner, this will help it stay longer.

Urban Decay - Eyeshadow

After that, its GLITTER TIME!!

I would use Urban Decays Heavy Metal Glitter liner in Catfight and put that on top of the entire pink eyeshadow.

Urban Decay - Heavy Metal Glitter Liner

Once that dries, put a little bit of silver sparkles on the inner corner for a pop.
 I would use Urban Decays Heavy Metal Glitter liner in Glam Rock

Urban Decay - Heavy Metal Glitter Liner

For lips, I would use Make Up For Ever's Rouge Artist Natural in either Candy Pink or Soft Fushia (they are similar colors)

Candy Pink

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Rouge Artist Natural

Soft Fushia

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Rouge Artist Natural

I hope this helps!! Let us know what you end up going with!!

LexiKaye<3

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Ah yes. Movies are always a good source of group costumes, especially if you guys have one everybody likes. I remember a group of my friend once went at Alice in Wonderland and they were AMAZing! They had Alice, the bunny, humpty dumpty duo, the queen, the cat, and the Mad Hatter. The clothe and make up were good, but the hair was amazing. You can also do Harry Potter, X men, any well known anime because most anime have very distinct clothe....

But as for my favorite group costume?

(NERD ALERT)

It's Tetris. A group of my friends just put on music, got a ton of spray paint, black duc tape, and cardboard boxes, then made different Tetris block for each person. They actually fit together (LOL).

I'm rather lazy for halloween. I was a snow leopard twice, an anime character (with a big emocon in my hair) once, a renaissance/medieval maiden once. I'm thinking of doing Trinity in Matrix, or a fairy because I want a super colorful smokey eye.....oh I just thought of it! Disillusioned fairy. The normal ruffly floaty dress with colorfy smokey eye, then messy hair, either smeared heavy eyeliner or lipstick, and carrying half bottle of whiskey. Ok, it's decided. Now I don't have to think about it until Halloween week. =D

ChicDabbler

Re: Halloween costumes ( @Beauty Insider)

[ Edited ]

@ Antoine. Ok, I just have to say this. Your posts really gets under my nerves and struck my pet peeves, not because the content of your post is bad. First of all, either PM or post, pick one, or else I will only reply to posts and ignore all your PM from now on. Second of all, can you please make your font smaller? perhaps to size 12 or 14 which are the standard font for English texts? Because the fact your fonts are big AND looks bolded gives me a headache. Yes, they are my personal preference, but since you are talking to me and I assume we are on friendly terms, I would appreciate it if you try to do that. Thank you.

In US people of all ages can dress up and there is nothing wrong with that, altho trick-or-treat (asking for candy) is only for little kids and it can be awkward when adults go trick-or-treat. I help organize the halloween party at my University, so I should be dressing up anyways.Now guess my age! hah..... (or search for one of the posts where I stated my actual age).

@Gymchic. Sorry for hijacking the post, we are moving the discussion to PM. And we should totally do a costume/make up post on Halloween. =)

lylysa

Re: Halloween costumes ( @Beauty Insider)

Hey, Antoine! If you have trouble reading smaller fonts and text and prefer to type in larger sizes, we can understand that. Why not typing out your responses in larger text so you can clearly see that you're typing what you want without mistakes, then highlighting everything and making it average 12 or 14 size? That way you can still be on point with your posts but won't look like you're yelling in threads. We understand that you're not screaming or yelling, but it's a general rule of thumb on the Internet and forums that all caps, large, or bolded fonts and text mean someone is putting more force or emphasis on words.

Hope this helps some! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Re: My SecreT Lover On Sephora Forum ?

Good for you, Antoine! :smileyhappy:

Don't be silly to think us posters would be jelous, anyone of us finding happiness is joyous news! But we also respect your want to stay private on the matter, so we will not pry.

lylysa

If your reference to a secret lover is Beautytester, please note what she commented back on you in another thread about referring to her respectfully and not under the false guise or petname that does not hold any validity or truth.

Again, if you were serious about someone who you met here that you love or have a connection with, then great for you, Antoine, again, we all here can rally behind the feel good sensation of love. What people cannot rally behind are falsfied statements. If you mean to jest with such, please be sure everyone is "in on the joke" as some may say as so nothing is taken out of context or misinterpretted.

lylysa

If you notice, Antoine, as you are so accustomed to quoting the posts of who you respond to, I stated "If" as in 'If you mean to jest", I am not accusing you of anything. The "If" in my statement makes that clear, if you have misinterpretted my posted then you have done just that, misinterpretted.

As far as dropping the topic, please note that my response that you quoted was from the middle of last month, you have brought it back to air nearly two weeks after it was posted, if you really wished to have dropped this topic you wouldn't have waited so long to respond or even responded at all as you would have had to go back to the second page of this thread to quote my post.

berniebeauty

[ Edited ]

My friends and I are going as characters from Alice and wonderland! That's good because theres lots of characters to choose from and they're pretty recognizable. You can be the queen of hearts, Alice, the mad hatter, the rabbit, cards, etc! 

Other group costumes can be based off almost anything in the media. Harry potter, pokemon, Friends, anything really. You could be crayola crayons, and everyone could be a different color haha :smileyhappy: Or, if you really want something simple, you can go with the classic sheet over the head ghosts, but you have enough time where you don't have to resort to that haha and if you're going trick or treating I think you owe people a good costume haha, just my rule of thumb XD

Hopes this sparks some ideas!

~We are all beautiful~

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • cherrybombtastic
    • bijouxkristyna
    • lowrah