roxystar4

Hall of Famer

I don't dislike the title Hall of Famer... but after all the work and countless helpful hints these ladies (and some men) post I feel like a more glamorous sounding title would fit better.  When my title was "beauty Pro" I got a private message from a newcomer asking me for advice. I could help her with a few questions she had but many of them would have been best suited for a Hall of Famer... I think the title had confused her and she thought i was a pro.

I dont really have a title in mind but something like "Superstar" or "Beauty Goddess"??? idk.

What do you think?

dianabt

Re: Hall of Famer

You're very welcome! I do know there are 36 different titles that are handed out at random so they do vary quite a bit!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
katie1724

[ Edited ]

I've been here for three years (or very nearly, I can't remember when BT actually started) and I've had the same title for a while (which seems to be the last one) but it took a while for it to change. The names seemed to go in order at one point, but I think there are more of them now and it doesn't seem consistent anymore. I don't think it has anything to do with hearts -- I think, like Diana mentioned, it has to do with contributions, how you heart others' posts, etc.

beautylovingirl

@Roxystar- It's really sweet of you to start this post. But the names haven't really mattered that much but I did get excited when I reached Hall of Famer but now it's not that big of a deal. I would rather have the top contributors part brought back like in the old forum,and honestly I feel like your answers are as good as any one with the Hall of Famer title. To me on this new site Hall of Famer is achieved faster than it was on the old site. But Thanks it's very sweet for you to mention it!:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

thanks for being so kind beautylovingirl :smileyhappy: 

dianabt

Thanks for the feedback! I'm sure Candace is keeping tabs on this thread with all your helpful tips and suggestions!

Right now the names are sort of chosen at random by the system according to how many posts you do, what you heart, how many topics you start and participate in but there's not a direct order of titles for each user name. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
starletta8

It's really good to know that it's not directly related to hearts- that way, when you pass a certain number and your title stays the same, no disappointment.

quenbee

Good to know. Thanks for the information Diana! 

onomotopoeia9

thanks for explaining, Diana!

starletta8

Thanks for the clarity through the muddy waters, Diana!

roxystar4

good to know. Thanks DianaBT

DTalksAll

There should be a list somewhere on BT that states the different titles and what they mean. I have no idea if a Beauty Maven, Beauty Pro or Beauty Master have been around longer. If there's no breakdown, the titles just seem a little silly to me. 

bananachoox3

I don't have a clue about how they change your title but I like the name Beauty Goddess.LOL

makeupobesessed

Ivebeen on here for more than a year.  What I've come to figure out is the titles have no rhyme or reason, they just change with the more posts or responses you contribute.  I really don't think it has to do with hearts.  I've seen hall of famers with 400 hearts and some with 5000.  Ive asked when I first came and the mod responded With pretty much the same answer I'm giving now.

the hearts seem to be a tool to give thumbs up to posts you like.  

If anyone has a more concrete answer to the system, pls help...there are hall of famers who have been on here way longer!

arielaaaaaaaa

I never thought about them changing with how many responses you give. It makes sense. I have 400 hearts and it says Hall of Famer. I thought you had to have alot more hearts for that title but i don't understand it. 

starletta8

And I've got 450+ hearts and am still the same title I got when I hit 200 hears.

So I guess there's no sense us trying to figure it out.

quenbee

I LOVE .....  This thread!!!!  

starletta8

I'm wondering if it's a combo of hearts + posts + reviews?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

oh! I didnt even think of reviews as a possibility

starletta8

Possibly also hearts given?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i thought it was simply based on hearts received. starletta, I didnt think about hearts given either!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 65 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • dianabt
    • roxystar4
    • makeupobesessed