CzaCee

HOW MANY LIPSTICKS DO YOU HAVE?

I am just so curious because I am such a lipstick junkie, it's crazy. I am just starting to build my makeup collection. I started just this May only. I seem to gravitate towards lipsticks the most. And I have bought 21 lippies from then. Not to mention the two incoming MAC that I ordered which should be on their way here. So i have 23 so far. lol. Here is the breakdown: 13 MAC 5 Chanel 3 YSL 2 Givenchy What's yours, ladies? I know mine does not yet match your collection yet. I just wanna know the "normal" number of lipsticks before I go crazy buying all of em. lol. :smileyhappy:
wingatprsct

Re: HOW MANY LIPSTICKS DO YOU HAVE?

(0) Hearts

I love lipsticks, glosses and stains because my lips are my best feature.  But because of my coloring (auburn hair and yellow skin tone), I don't care for those with pink undertones.  This limits the amount of lipsticks to choose from.  This Spring I tossed at least 20 lipsticks, stains and glosses that I had purchased, thought I would like, but didn't.  All of them were dept. store brand that I should have returned.  Since shopping at Sephora, I don't make poor color choice purchases anymore and am slowly building up a collection of faves.  I have some darker shades that I wear more in the Fall/Winter.  I probably have 20 in all with about half of them being lipsticks. My favorites are Smashbox Be Legendary in Chai and Smashbox Limitless Longwearing Lipgloss in Eternity.  Sometimes I wear them alone depending on the look I want to achieve: matte for work, glossy for fun in the sun, or I wear them together for an intense dramatic look.s1387208-main-hero.jpgs1157247-main-hero.jpg

gigisd

Don't feel bad.  Lipstick is not my favorite cosmetic, though I love it, and I have nearly two hundred.  What's worse?  I tend to use the same one every day!

pinklissamel

Definately a lip gloss junkie so I think about 50 lip glosses and aout 30 lipsticks and about 30 or so chapstick type products so way more than I need or can even use but i'm the type of person I find something I like and buy like 7 backups of the same thing . Only to have the next best thing to me pop us and disgard the last favorite and its 7 backups. This ensures I have way more then I need and probably ever use. Oh well .... I know I have a problem and I just can't stop.

wendyomgwar

I have too many to count.. :/ I think that's when you have a real problem. I have two drawers full of lip products ranging from lipsticks to lipglosses, stains, etc. And then I have some cups filled with Stila glosses and another one for my Tarte lip stains *Sigh* and I gave my cousin a big huge gallon bag full of lip products I don't wear

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

I have 40 ish lipsticks/lip balms/ stains/ etc

peacefulseraph

[ Edited ]

I have 6 lipsticks, 4 lipglosses, and 4 lipstains. I actually just threw out a gallon sized bag full of lipglosses, lipliners, lipstick, lip gloss, and lip stains. Late spring cleaning, I guess, lol.

CzaCee

(0) Hearts

nice inputs, ladies. :smileyhappy: personally, i'm a lipstick kind of girl. i'm not really a fan of lip glosses.

kenny

I have 42 lipsticks, although they are only maybe 1/2 mid to high end and the rest drugstore with a couple deluxe samples. I have a pretty large collection because when Revlon lipsticks go on sale I like to purchase colors I don't normally choose to help expand my color collection and discover more shades that would look good. Plus Revlon makes some pretty decent quality lipsticks. I only have a few lipglosses since I'm much more a lipstick girl now, when I was younger I had about 20 glosses or so at a time

1930sbella

(0) Hearts

I also have way to many chap sticks so I am using up those and throwing away all the really old ones. When I have finished up about two I will let myself buy some sort of new lip thingy :smileyhappy:.

1930sbella

Lip stuff is what I pick up the most. I have about 25 lipsticks and lip glosses.

Meg82

I'm still building my collection so I only have 8 lipsticks.  I have 19 lip glosses though.

Lip stuff is always what i'm most interested in buying.  My lips are my best feature and I like to highlight them accordingly.

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

i have 4 shades of pink, and i just ordered a deep red by Nars, I've always been more of a lipgloss kind of gal.

CzaCee

(0) Hearts

cool. maybe i'll try to limit my lipstick obsession to about 50. getting addicted with only high end lipsticks can be so expensive though. lol.

i have no issues with drugstore brands. but when i started collecting makeup this May, I decided to only buy mid-range to high end brands. poor bank account. :smileysad: lol.is this normal too? lol.

arielaaaaaaaa

I think it's perfectly acceptable to have around 40 lipsticks before you just have too many!! I have around 35 lipsticks. I'm not a gloss person so i have like maybe 5 that qualify as glosses. The others are all lipsticks I purchased from Sephora. I don't buy lipsticks unless i know i will wear it on a regular basis. All the ones i have i wear often. Even if it's just mixing two together to get a lighter or darker shade!

crayzeeRN

Not that many... just recently discovered that I can actually wear lipstick!! I used some terrible quality lipsticks when I first started experimenting with makeup, which looked awful on my lips and led me to believe it just wasn't a product that worked for me. Little did I know I just needed to find some hydrating, good quality lipsticks! I'm still afraid of intense, opaque shades- baby steps, right?

I have 3 Too Faced La Creme (that number will probably go up), and 5 Korres Mango Butter Lipsticks. Other than that, I have.... oh heck. This would be easier with a picture. Or two. All the ones on the top I'm pretty sure count as lipstick. The bottom picture, not so sure :smileyhappy: This number will be going up soon, got my eye on some NARS lipsticks :smileyvery-happy:

veritabelle

(0) Hearts

What brand is the pencil at the bottom right?  You have it in four shades.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

It's actually two different products- the three on the left are Sephora's Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencils, and on the right is Mirenesse Glossy Kiss, which came in my Birchbox.

veritabelle

I think I have 50 approx.  Much more if you include gloss, stain, and tinted balms.  75-100 all together.  I have a wide variety ranging from drug store bought to luxury.  I have no real attachment to any of them.  Meaning I haven't found the perfect lipstick yet, but I am always searching.  I find that I am constantly searching for the perfect mascara, blush and lipstick. But honestly I have more eye shadow and as much mascara as I do lip stick!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@CzaCee- No I probably will never wear all of them I have YSL lipsticks and glosses and their my favorites.

laurabt

Hi CraCee, I probaby have around 75-100 that I've collected in all my years as a makeup artist.  I mostly only use them on clients when I freelance now, but it is nice to know if I'm looking for a particular shade, I probably have it.  It doesn't quite stop me from buying new ones though.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 31 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • kenny
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • veritabelle
    • wendyomgwar
    • gigisd