kalex

Going to get fat and go broke! :)

I'm turning 29 again :smileywink: on the 11th and since it's my birthday month my inbox is getting swamped with offers!  Get 20% off your order, free dessert, free burger, free lip gloss... just to name a few.  I've taken advantage of free mascara from Smashbox and the Sugar Lip duo from Sephora but that's all. 

I always have the sense of "throwing away money" when I don't take advantage of "free" offers even though a purchase is required.  It makes me feel twitchy.  Help me stay strong!

Spoiler

garnett

Re: Going to get fat and go broke! :)

Happy Birthday Kalex!  I hope you had a great day and I wish you a year filled with all the very best!

As far as those "free" offers are concerned-it's only a deal if it's something you really want.  Otherwise, it's just a way to separate you from your money.  I do love the birthday gift from Sephora and always make sure I go pick mine up or get it included in an order.  :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KALEX!!! I know you'll be here chatting away with us for the next 29 years and we'll all be here with you wishing you another HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:smileyhappy:

sephoralovex

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KALEX! :smileyhappy: Have a great one!!!

kalex

Thanks Kimmi!  Where are you finding these cakes?  They're fantastic!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

You're welcome!  I went to Google Images and type in "makeup cakes" or "sephora cakes."  There are a lot of MAC ones, too.

kimmi1115

Happy Birthday, Kalex!!  I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends.  Like I said earlier, at least have some birthday cake!  

900x900px-LL-df50aae4_GTEAUSACMAQUILLAGEMARIOLABONT2012.jpeg

How exactly would one go about cutting a cake like this? lol

pinklissamel

Happy Birthday Kalex !!!!!

kalex

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the Birthday wishes ladies!

anaa

Happy Birthday Kalex!

violalea

Aw happy birthday kalex !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

A birthday party would be so much fun I bet we could all have a blast!:smileytongue:

kalex

(0) Hearts

RE: Benefit Brow Bar -  They already discontinued it at locations inside Ulta.  :smileysad:  I wonder why they're cancelling it completely.  The free bday brow wax is what drew me in to try them in first place.  I've been a loyal customer since.

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

to my knowledge, Benefit Brow Bar is actually only good the day of your birthday, not the week of.  That was literally the only thing I left the house for after I had Ashley last October.  C sections don't like you moving around too much right after.  Dan ended up driving me to it. :smileywink:  Such a good husband.

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

True: It is only good the day of your birthday (unless you are a really loyal Brow Bar client, they won't make an exception)

Also, I am a loyal Brow Bar client (love my girl Paula!) and my birthday was just this past month so when I went in to take advantage of the free birthday wax, Paula told me that this is the last year that they will be offering this birthday promotion. :smileysad: So take advantage of it this year ladies!!

beautylovingirl

Ooh that cake does look good! Kalex be strong you can use discipline around food but if your going to get some cake I want a piece too!:smileytongue:

kalex

@kimmi - I love that cake!  Too bad we can't actually book birthday parties at Sephora complete with a cake like that one.  To heck with all the parties just for kids at places like Build A Bear.  Maybe this is something to consider Sephora!

aviscardi

OMG that would be so much fun!! They use to do that with BE, you can sign up for a party and they would do makeovers but i never really used all their products at the time. 

kimmi1115

It is your birthday, so you deserve to treat yourself, but no one wants to go overboard.  Instead of going for the free food offers, you can always stick with the classic birthday cake.  No one is ever too old for birthday cake lol.  Although it is still not healthy (but it's good for the soul!), it is probably better than various food offers and whatnot at restaurants.  You can also share cake with family and friends.  No one turns down a slice of cake! lol.

45490_10150249654015424_534510423_14101354_4002277_n.jpg

ChicDabbler

Get % off and get X with $Y purchase are not free, and they are offered many times through out the year so rest assured you are not missing out. If they are truly free, well, no harm in getting them. =P

LOL, I've always wondered about the empty spoiler tags. Pffft, the smiley always look like pancake with a dollop of whipped cream to me. Hmmmm....maybe I'm gonna go get a dessert...

kimmi1115

I am so glad I am not the only one who though the spoiler tag looked like a pancake!  That button bugs the heck out of me! lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kalex
    • anaa
    • sephoralovex
    • waterbaby1981
    • aviscardi
    • kimmi1115