veronika23

Giving Back - BT Pledge

So I just had an idea pop in my head that I'd like to share with all of you.  We all love make-up and we all spend a great deal on it.  Starting in January how would you guys feel if we all put 5$ to10$ aside each month that we would normally spend on make-up and in December 2014 give it away to a charity/family in need etc.

We could all pledge here that we will do so and next December we can all share where we donated our money. 

Anybody willing to do this?

love2shop42

Re: Giving Back - BT Pledge

(0) Hearts

Every Christmas I buy the Sephora dealtopia  specials, two of every deal they have going and wrap them up.  My kids make  gift stockings we fill with personal items, toothpaste, toothbrush, and little Christmas chocolates etc... We then head over to the shelter for abused women and hand them out. Many of these women leave with nothing and are so forlorn that when they see that complete strangers care they often have a little faith come back into their eyes.  I also regularly clean out our closets and donate to them.  It might not seem all that much, but if am trying to instill in my kids a sense of community and doing the right thing.  Fantastic thread Veronika, I hope BT'ers take the challenge. 

veronika23

(0) Hearts

If you don't know where to donate... check this video out :smileywink:   SOO CUTE!

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]

Great post, Veronika. :smileyhappy:

At my work, every year we donate part of our paycheck to a charity of our choice. I also try to hand out some change or cash I have on hand to people who need it.

Next year I pledge to give more because there is nothing better than to know in your heart that you made a difference to others, if not, one single person.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks :smileyhappy:  That's great that you donate a part of your paycheck :smileyhappy:  It's a nice program to have set up :smileyhappy:

lilyyy

$13 from this $20 value set goes to a different charity depending on if you buy it online or in-store. I can't buy less makeup, so I bought more (for charity!)

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Oh what a great idea and cute set!  :smileyhappy: Not available in Canada though :smileywink:

Londonlover101

what a wonderful post veronica, you inspired so many people :smileyhappy: <3

veronika23

(0) Hearts

awww thanks girl :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

I love this idea! I like the way you think Veronika, thanks for helping me jump start my 2014 charity commitments. You're a special girl and I really appreciate your thoughtfulness & spirit of giving. I'm certain you have many other fans and supporters out there. Thank you for making bt a more beautiful place. 

veronika23

aww thanks for your nice words :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

My words are from the heart and You inspired those words. So thank you!! I hope that 2014 is a wonderful year for you & everyone on bt and all of the animal & human charities that will benefit from your kindness & the ripple effect you began with this thread. :smileyhappy:

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks :smileyhappy:  I hope 2014 is the very best year for everyone including the animals and the planet :smileyhappy:

katief241981

I kinda love LCResz idea about maybe designating a "cause of the month" in honor of some of our own members, member's families, or a cause that is near and dear to our hearts.  

veronika23

[ Edited ]

Yes that is a great idea! :smileyhappy:

oklady2013

Veronika, I like this idea. I try to give throughout the year. My favorites are pets, vets, kids & cancer. I also try to donate goods & services, ie time when possible. I think you have a lovely idea. Thanks for sharing.

veronika23

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing my dear :smileyhappy:

kalex

How on earth did drama get started over "Hey!  We should give more to charity!"?  

I did not for one second think Veronika posted this because she simply wanted hearts or for others to think she's a good person.  I  personally saw it as a reality check for how much I spend on lipstick vs how much I give and could be giving.

Regardless of what a person's motives are for giving to charity, whether it be money, time, or what have you, the charity itself is not lessened if the person receives recognition.  If I suddenly announced to everyone at my kids' school that my husband and I are the ones who forked over the dough for the new basketball hoops (previously only the principal knew this) the new basketball hoops will not *poof* disappear.

(Man, I will be so mad if the new headboards are gone when my kids go back after break!) :smileyvery-happy:

jaimelove

not sure if you're a good person, or just donating to your kids' school for hearts. 

that's why i do stuff irl and online. for hearts. 

(ps: that was sarcasm. i don't know if that translated well! i also use sarcasm for hearts in case you were wondering :smileywink: )

kalex

Oh yeah, I totally only volunteer at my kids' school for hearts here on BT.  Every time I clip a boxtop I'm going to post about it now.

jaimelove

ME TOO.

DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 126 replies
  • 460 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724