roxystar4

Giveaways

I just have a quick question. What do you think about the giveaways that a lot of the beauty/makeup/fashion channels on YouTube do?

Do any of you ladies/gents enter them?

GreerCarlisle

Re: Giveaways

(0) Hearts

I currently have a blog giveaway if you are interested - you simply have to leave a comment on my blog letting us know why you are excited it is finally Spring! http://so-eatsomecake.com/spring-giveaway/ 

I think most of the contests are safe to apply to, but just make sure you don't give any important personal information! :smileyhappy:

xo

chupi

I only enter stuff that's on Facebook.

Skyn Iceland has one now and all you have to do is enter your email one time and you are covered for all nine days.

Did the Body Shop, BeautyBar, Birchbox and Glossybox giveaways during the holidays (you had to enter every day, thank you Google autofill). I won something from Glossybox and am waiting to see what I get!

jxw200

(0) Hearts

i did two giveaways in november for my blog's 2 year anniversary. Both were provided by the company - one was for a $150 Space NK gift card, the other was for my favorite lush products. So excited that a regular reader / blogger friend one the Space NK gc and got really great stuff with it lol

Was planning to do more giveaways this month but i am feeling... lazy lol

But ya in general i only enter if it is something i'm really interested in, and i only do the entries i already qualify for lol. like comment and follow on whatever i'm already following them on haha. Though occasionally i do end up discovering people's twitter/instagrams that i wasn't already following or something

ladymeag

I'll enter if I already meet the requirements - if I have to jump through a bunch of hoops or follow them places I don't want to, then I don't bother. 

I know someone that does sweepstakes entries and she wins these blogger things all the time - usually she's not very interested in the product and is looking for an equivalent cash prize or will turn the prize around to sell it. (Not saying I agree with what she does, just that this is what she does.) She has a list of daily-entry type stuff she does and she's won dozens of the blogger giveaways. I wish there was a way to be sure that folks who were actually interested in something won it.

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

I rarely enter bc out of thousands of comments I stand less then .01% of winning lol.  I did a giveaway 1 n1/2 months ago which was fun! (^o^)

jellybean917

Entered! The prizes look awesome. I checked out some of your other videos too, loving them!

Winter

I'd love to watch your videos! Can you pm me your link? 

Im such a YouTube junkie!

calamityjane85

I just subscribed. I would enter them if its like just leave a comment type deals. If they ask 10 requirements I forget it. 

roxystar4

1. like 2. subscribe 3. comment 4. jump through a flaming hoop 5. feed the tiger 6. write a ten page essay on why you want the prizes 7. have a child without an epidural 

And that's it, you are entered!  :smileyhappy:

marydiva

Hahaha you're hilarious! :smileyhappy: But sometimes that's what giveaways feel like! I just entered yours and it was very simple and easy to do. :smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

Hahahaaaaaa yes. Exactly. 

Winter

Also, subscribe to these other 20 girls and do the same thing for each of them!

hahahaha! 

itscarin

I don't enter them and I don't watch people for their giveaways.  I've never seen a give away that was really amazing, anyway.

roxystar4

I agree with not watching a channel just for their giveaways but I think it's a fun way to reward subscribers and have a little fun!  

I like buying makeup (Rouge), and I can only give so much to my sister and best friend (both don't wear that much makeup and don't appreciate it as much as I do). So why not share with other people who like makeup?? (if they are watching my channel, they probably like makeup as much as I do). ♥ ♥

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

Missglamorazzi gave away a chanel bag once! I love purses so i believe that is an amazing givaway! Lol

Plantgarden

I watched your Empties video the other night!

Great reviews!   But I'm gonna send you some Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes,....and get you away from the Olay.   :smileywink:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy:

kellsmuneoka

If I have to follow all of their social media sites HECK NO. that's way too much work for something you probably won't even get. I don't enter the small giveaways with only drugstore, I join the ones that are mixed or mostly high end because I'm poor atm and it doesn't hurt to try. I just entered a giveaway on instagram for ABH and i'm stoked. it looks perfect and I can't wait to see who wins.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

yeah, i felt like to ask people to also follow on twitter for optional entry would just complicate things (esp since its a collab giveaway- the other channel has a set of prizes too and one winner for both our prizes).

I hope you win the instagram contest you entered (*stops to think good thoughts for you*)  :smileyhappy:

kellsmuneoka

Your GA looks so cute though! That's so generous of you to make a GA. (: Thanks for the good thoughts!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 76 replies
  • 100 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • chupi
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa