Giveaways

I just have a quick question. What do you think about the giveaways that a lot of the beauty/makeup/fashion channels on YouTube do?

Do any of you ladies/gents enter them?

Re: Giveaways

I enter them once in awhile, but like others said, depends on how complicated and what the prize is. I usually only enter those of people I'm already subscribed to. I've won a few small beauty items on facebook, but never on youtube.

@danny  that is awesome that you won an iPad 2!! whoooo hoooo.

yeah I think simple is best, especially for my first giveaway.  I decided subscribe, like the video & comment on the video. optional - follow me on twitter for a second entry.  I think asking for too much info is overwhelming to people (i know it is for me).

I love them! I think they are great for expanding your social media following. I hate it when people complain that a twitter giveaway is announced on FB, or a FB giveaway announced on youtube... it's all about branding and you can't please everyone. Include twitter (a retweet) but make it a bonus entry. 

A few years ago I won an iPad2 from one of Kandee Johnson's giveaways. I never thought I would win anything because so many people enter, I was really lucky!  

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

veevali, What a great idea! I had a lot of people who were saying they didnt have twitter.  So I decided this AM that twitter will be a second entry but optional. :smileyhappy:

I entered in one time and it was WAY too complicated and had too many steps. It also asked to subscribe to her posts and to get notifications to my personal email. I didn't like that aspect of it.

<3 Melissa

(0) Hearts

I hope that isnt too many steps for people. What do you think? Too complicated?

1. like the video and comment below
2. subscribe to the channel
3. and follow on twitter ( and post that you entered the giveaway).

Hi roxystar4,

How fun!  I commend youtubers for putting themselves out there!  I tried it a few times & it was just really weird & I couldn't get the hang of listening to myself or having my friends/family see me ramble about makeup.  You're welcome to talk about topics you discuss & if any of our community members reach out to you privately for your channel info, please do share!  Thank you for remembering that we don't allow outside links, we totally appreciate that!  Good luck growing your following!

xo, Mia

(0) Hearts

sure thing! I just sent you the link to my channel. 

thanks mia! I've really been enjoying making the videos. It can be a challenge because I try to make them during my sons nap times but he often times will hear me and wake up!! Some of the videos I talk lower so as to not wake up, but other videos I just ramble loudy & have fun!  

(0) Hearts

I'd also love a link to your channel:smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

@mpolansky , I just sent you a private message with the info :smileyhappy:

Awesome!  I cant wait to check them out :smileyhappy:  Can you send me the link or your username when you have the chance? 

What is your channel called? I would love to check it out!

[ Edited ]

thekristenkchannel

If anyone is interested in checking out my beauty/makeup/fashion youtube channel, please feel free to private message me! (if you need a link)

Anymore thoughts on if I asked subscribers to do too many things? My sister in law said nix the twitter, but my best friend was like def keep the twitter (then people can hear about my new videos from another social media source).

[ Edited ]

Haha i am with your sister-in-law. And good luck with your channel and have a ton of followers!!!!!!! Yeah I just dont like twitter so sorry for cant enter the giveaway :smileyhappy: But best wishes :smileyhappy:

I subscribed to your channel though. I have just watched your video Sephora Haul! It looked awesome. Keep up the good work!!!!

(0) Hearts

thanks violalea! I plan on doing another giveaway and not having twitter be apart of it, so please check back! Thanks for subscribing.  

[ Edited ]

I've seen girls have twitter be another entry for the giveaway so you get two chances instead of one. Just an idea. I watch a lot of YouTube videos... Please send me your channel name. I would love to watch your videos!

@roxystar4, I am really happy that you started a youtube channel!!! As a follower of your pleasant,informative blog, I was thrilled to see the link to your youtubes. You always have so much to offer, and its nice that you are taking a step to sharing it with everyone.

To everyone who reads this post, I recommend checking roxystars channel out if you want to hear creative, honest, and practical reviews from a real sweetie!

thank you so much onomotopoeia9  - you are so kind! You and beautylovingirl's comments literally made me so happy tonight!  I even showed my husband!

OOOH I just checked out your channel it looks so good and your little boy is adorable! ^.^

thanks beautylovingirl!!!  my next video my son is in the entire thing because i couldnt find a time where i could film without him. So he is snagging my contouring brush, swiping at my makeup, etc. He is totally a 2 year old! But it worked out fine. no broken makeup. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • IMG_4811.JPG
  • Unknown.jpeg
  • giveaway korres.jpg
  • IMG_6545 copy BT.jpg