Getting Personal

katimae

Getting Personal

I just wanted to tell you guys how much you help me out.  I suffer from EXTREME Depressive Disorder. I'm actually on Disability for it even though I was able to get a Degree with a Concentration and 2 Minors at NCState and work till I was 30.  This board has helped me to interact with other people instead of going into myself. It''s gotten me to get up, get dressed, AND put makeup on :smileywink:, and laugh (really hard).  I even got to do something for someone else with TSB and went out to the Post Office twice that day (my parents were in shock I think :smileyhappy:  So I just wanted to thank you so much for just being apart of this board because if you wern't on it, it wouldn't be the same!

katimae

Re: Getting Personal

Wow. I could cry. Not just because some of your stories are heartbreaking; but because so many of you are getting real. I don't know what I thought would happen when I started this topic. I just wanted to tell you how much you have helped me. Then do to circumstances I hadn't gotten back to it until now and I am just BLOWN AWAY by the response.  Thank you all so much. And I send my deepest love to those who know what it's like to suffer. Wow. Thank you. It does help so much to share. I've been in enough therapy groups to know that! :smileyvery-happy:

LYA ---Kati

6aad0801

We are all lucky to have you! No dis-ability here ! :smileyvery-happy:

I really enjoy the stories and history you weave into the advice; extraordinary experiences for sure!

prettyinpa

Hey Katimae- You are always so upbeat and give such kind advice, I feel honored that you would think that we ladies here help you out! Friendship and kindness are really the backbone of life, and if I can brighten your day with some of my bizarre makeup happenings (like the false eyelashes at the horse show episode), so much the better.

XO!

Jillie

@Katimae

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle. I can some what relate to you (with the depressive Disorder). My father passed away when I was 16 and I developed severe anxiety and became extremely depressed. My mother is a drug addict and she completely went out of my life a month after my father passed away and I became so down on myself and just depressed... to the point where I wouldn't talk to anyone, I stopped going to Highschool and had to enroll in idependent study because I was so scared of interacting with other people. 

I have to say that being able to come onto a site (sephora) and be able to give people advice and talk to girls AND guys about makeup is so much fun to me and in a weird way it kind of has helped me get through my depression and anxiety towards people. But I just want to say that I am SO happy for you (even though I havn't really ever talked to you... but I have read some of your advice!). 

@Mermadelove 

I'm so sorry to hear about you and your husbands loss, I can't even imagine. 

mermadelove

Hi Katiemae! I'm soooooo glad to hear-- or, ok more accurately _SEE you write that! It's very courageous of you to post about your personal struggle on line. In the past I had eluded to how beauty talk helped me through a hard time and now I want to share,too. Thanks for creating a platform for that! 

I have worn makeup on and off my whole life, mostly off. This past summer, my husband and I lost a baby. I was 6 months pregnant and we went to our regular checkup and there was no heartbeat. We were devastated, especially since it wasn't our first ( or as it turns out, or last) miscarriage.

I started weaing makeup again a few weeks after that because I have the philosophy that if you look good you'll feel better. That's how I found beauty talk. I also live in an  area where I don't have very many friends or likeminded people, so coming here and talking to everyone has made a HUGE difference for me. I'm so happy to hear about how many people are positively affected by our community here, far and wide!!

Thanks Katiemae for being such an awesome part of that community.

And, like I always say,

*~*~~*~*Sparkle On*~*~~*~*

lashreece

The web allows us to widen our circle and expand our horizons. Katiemae and Mermadalove lots of love to you both. I'm so glad to count you into my circle ! Thank you to everyone for all the smiles recently shared.
prettyinpa

@mermadelove: My condolences to you and your husband on the passing of your child. It is a testament to your courage that you could share your story with us. I hope that in some way I can help you and other ladies out there, friendship is ALL!!!!

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@prettyinoa: When I first started beauty talkin', my husband asked me why I was on the computer so much. I told him about the great people I was meeting here and when he saw the results of the first TSB from here, especially after ?igot the first ( and only) TSB from FB, he was convinced!!!!

kalex

@mermade - My heart goes out to you.  I have four children and can only imagine how losing one of them would feel.  Whether you share my religious beliefs or not, your babies are in heaven waiting for you.

Best wishes to everyone who "got personal" and shared their struggles.  Without a doubt you ladies will be among the first I turn to when I need an ear.

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@kalex: I do agree with you! We named her Angelita because we believe she is one of our angels now!

Thanks for your love and support!

{hugs} to everyone!

waterbaby1981

This board has helped me get dressed, get out of the house and feel happy putting on makeup again too, so I'll share my story too. 

My daughter Alyssa was born six weeks early four days after my birthday in November.  I hemorrhaged directly after and ended up with two surgeries and six total blood transfusions.  Alyssa was in the NICU and was formally diagnosed with congenital myotonic dystrophy.  She was in the NICU for six weeks and we had to make the hardest decision to take her off the monitors so she wouldn't suffer.  She couldn't breathe without a ventilator and actually had gone into cardiac arrest that last week.  She passed away on December 29.  She was our first-born child.  For any other children, I'll now have to have CVS testing from now on at 10-13 weeks because I have it as well.  I have post-partum depression, and her passing away made it worse.  I would just sit and cry or sleep as much as I could.  When I started reading these boards, they helped me cope.

prettyinpa

@waterbaby1981-  My condolences to you on the passing of your baby. You always post such cheerful advice, you have a good spirit. Hopefully soon your life will look up, and remember you have lots of friends here!

mermadelove

@waterbaby1981: Thank you for sharing your story. My heart goes out to you! Our babies are angels in heaven watching over us now! Love and light and makeup to you!
!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

daisy346

Oh, that is so sad! I'm very sorry, mermadelove. But thank you for sharing your story with us. It just goes to show you never know what people may be going through in their personal life.

keelybt

[ Edited ]

Hi Katimae!  How nice to hear that our wonderful community members can make your day a bit brighter. :smileyhappy:  It always brightens our day to see our members interact in such a genuine and friendly manner. We are so happy that you have been a part of it!

daisy346

Glad we can help! We certainly enjoy having you as part of our community. I just think it's nice that everyone here is so friendly and supportive of one another. And...putting some good makeup on is enough to cheer anyone up, lol

kalex

Oh my gosh, you are welcome Kati!  The ladies on this site are awesome aren't they?  (Including you by the way!)  I personally enjoy chatting with you on here, and want to say "thank-you" again for all your generosity and the fab donations you made to my TSB!  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 283 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • Jillie