katimae

Getting Personal

I just wanted to tell you guys how much you help me out.  I suffer from EXTREME Depressive Disorder. I'm actually on Disability for it even though I was able to get a Degree with a Concentration and 2 Minors at NCState and work till I was 30.  This board has helped me to interact with other people instead of going into myself. It''s gotten me to get up, get dressed, AND put makeup on :smileywink:, and laugh (really hard).  I even got to do something for someone else with TSB and went out to the Post Office twice that day (my parents were in shock I think :smileyhappy:  So I just wanted to thank you so much for just being apart of this board because if you wern't on it, it wouldn't be the same!

blondeglam

Re: Getting Personal

How awesome that all of you are so willing to talk to eachother and share your experiences. The feedback has been so positive. Keep up the good work ladies. YOU ARE FABULOUS!!!!

tenngal

:smileysad:  I've been really sad because I had to have my 16 year old kitty put to sleep this past Friday.  Her chest cavity filled full of fluid and the vet said she was going to suffocate to death probably by that night or the next day if left as she was.  Her chest was so filled with fluid (over a pint) that the doctor couldn't even see her heart, but he felt sure that at her age she probably had a tumor causing the fluid buildup and even if we tried draining the fluid off that it would only be a matter of a few days (if even that long) before she filled up with fluid again.  The doctor said she didn't have much time before she wouldn't be comfortable any longer and would start gasping for air so my husband and I decided to let her go before she started suffering.  It was a really heartbreaking thing to do because I thought I was taking her to the vet that day to get some medicine to make her well and bring her back home, not taking her to the vet to say goodbye and bring her home to bury.  As for cats, now I only have my 6 year old kitty left and she is not handling being alone very well so far.  My husband said we'd give her a week or two and if she doesn't start adjusting to being by herself then we may get her a buddy.  Oh well, we'll see how things work out.

chewcifer

i love hearing about your topics on this board. i'm kinda new to this community (only the beauty talk) i think i've been on this site since day 1! probably because i don't want to offend anyone, facebook has been a disaster! but, anyway, i read about you and i see some of the same characterisitcs. i'm actually in the process now of getting disability for my bad way of getting along with people.i've also been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis so with my depression it doesn't make for a good working condition for anyone involved. i really get along better with people online than in person, so i'm giving this a try. i've been on this site since last friday and it all seems good!! iif anyone thinks i've posted a disparaging comment, i haven't,  but, i will say that when i was working, it was with makeup, skincare and haircare, probably 5-10 years. however, i'm not licensed in anything, but i can sell anything! everything i've learned has stuck in my brain and my product knowledge is excellent!

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@chewcifer:  Sorry to hear that you are suffering from depression, too.  And I'm really sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with MS.  I can understand how that would definitely make your depression worsen.  I think you are very fortunate to have been able to work with makeup/skincare because that was always my dream job since I love makeup/skincare so much.  You've definitely found the right online community to participate in since I'm sure you have a lot of valuable information that you can pass along here on Beauty Talk.  Beauty Talk isn't like any other online community that I've ever experienced.  Everyone on BT is so friendly and helpful.  I don't participate in Facebook and other sites either.  I'm glad you've decided to give BT a try.  I think you'll find it fun and interesting.  Glad you're here!
:smileyhappy:

tenngal

Well, you may or may not have noticed that I've not been on Beauty Talk hardly at all in the past 2 to 3 weeks.  I just wanted to let everyone know that it's because my depression has worsened.  One week I was on vacation and was away from Beauty Talk, but right before my vacation and since I've gotten back, I've just been too depressed to log on to BT.  I've been trying to log on every couple of days to check for PMs and give hearts to posts, but that's about it.  I have seasonal depression on top of my general depression, so it may be that with it being August and summer coming to a close that my seasonal depression is moving in early (I really don't know).  But, I did want to let you all know that the reason I've not been logged on is because I am struggling right now.  I thought I'd log on this morning to get caught up on all the threads I'm subscribed to and to force myself to get out of bed for a while.  It's still a little early, but I'm going to try to log on a little later and answer some BT questions.  Thanks for listening...
:smileyhappy:

ohhenri

@tenngal: I know I'm a little late, since you wrote it last week or so, but always remember that BT wouldn't be the same without you and you've got people who love you here :smileywink:
katimae

For a change I have something really cool to add to this page.  I just found out that my picture is going to be in a book! it's called 

Dead Letters: The Very Best Grateful Dead Fan Mail [Hardcover]  written by Paul Grushkin   and  Forward by Bill Walton

If you look it up on Amazon and then go to looking randomly inside the book like they let u do and get to page 28 on the lower left hand side there is a pic of my not yet boyfriend and eventually first x husband Steve Marcus, then me, then my best friend at the time Jen Padjett Senkowsi and the girl behind us name is Sara.  It's an awesome  book written by a very renown author in the rock world and the forward written by one of the more famous dead heads. (He's a famous basketball player, you never wanted to get the seat behind him at a show lol)

So now I've been in a picture in Rolling Stone Magazine, on a movie they played at ever show with screens on either side of the band with me (and a few others) dancing, and now in a book,  Seems like I'm bound to be famous in Grateful Dead land no matter what I do.  LOL

tenngal

@katimae:  That's so awesome that your picture is in that book!!!  I am for sure going to look for it!  I think you are destined to be in the Dead Head Hall of Fame, ha ha! :smileyhappy:

tiffanybt

Simply amazing katimae! I'll definitely check that out as well. Congrats :smileywink:

katimae

(0) Hearts

@tenngal & tiffanybt:  I just went back to check it out again, and at let for me I had to page forward to get it.   If you move the pages up you can see the page number.  It's on the page after "Chappter 2 Grateful Dead Ticket Sales"  And we are at the "Ticket Verification " table.  Where I spent a lot of time. And yes that is also my first husband in the picture above. (I know, he's kind of nuts  LOL)

prettyinpa

@katimae-  I checked out your picture in the book, that is so awesome!  To actually be in a real book, wow!

I published a couple of articles in my career, but they never put my picture in with them. Maybe when I finish my novel.....

katimae

Ok, now some not so good stuff. but I guess it will be good. I'm going inpatient in Menninger Clinic in Houston, TX.  It's supposed to be the best in the country. They just raised my meds and I do think that it's helping my depression a little but the anxiety and the PTSD stuff is crazy. I can barely type ny hands are shaking so bad.  I live in PA and I have no family or friends in Houston.  I know thee end reults is what I shoould be looking  forward to but right now I'm jusst terrified.  If any of you are from Houston please PM me. and if anyone is interested it's   menningerclinic.com

anaa

Good luck, hope it helps you.

katimae

I haven't been on much but I am leaving tomorrow ffor Houston. I am scared to death. I hate then unknown. Bob is taking me down. But he's nervous bout flying so he isn't exactly my rock right now.  But as I said, I'm sure I'll be fine once I get adjusted. I make friends everywehere. I just need to chill out. Has Tenngal been on at all? Tell her I love her.

ran8

(0) Hearts

Hope things work out in Houston.  I've only been through the airport (both of them) so I cannot give any advice or tips about the place.  Hopefully, the weather is not too bad this time of the year too.  Seemed always bright and sunny every time I passed through there. 

If you have access to the Houston Chronicle, it's a pretty decent newspaper.  Lots of shopping centers if you have a chance to see them.  Family always seemed to find something to do there. 

There are lots of medical facilities and they are always hiring health care professionals.  Plenty of renowned institutions too.  I wish you the best of luck!

anaa

(0) Hearts

Everything will work out for you...good luck!

prettyinpa

@katimae-  You will be in our thoughts.  I hope you have a safe trip and the doctors can help you.   Pop in your earbuds, crank up the Dead on your iPod and rock your way to Texas!

nancypr

Hey Katimae.... I wish you all the best. Its ok to be alone sometimes...... Being away from everything is a great way to find yourself, to get to know yourself more and to learn..... Everything will be ok....

prettyinpa

Good luck katimae, I hope the Drs in Texas can help you! Maybe you can write to us here on BeautyTalk while you are there and we can cheer you up, at least you won't be totally without friends, you can always count on us!

katimae

Thanks guys! (spinning around in a hippy skirt!)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 283 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • Jillie