Daniela1387

GSP JCPENNEY Sephora Too Faced Bronze Ambition Event Disappointment!!!!

Let me just say how absolutely disappointed I am by this event! This is the description as per the Sephora Website:

From a sun-kissed glow to an all-over tan, discover how to create a beautiful bronzed look with Too Faced. Learn application tips, and take home a FREE GIFT.

Lets begin with the FREE GIFT advertised. I get there and they tell me that I get the free gift only if I buy something that they apply on my face. Sephora that is not a free gift which would've been fine had the second part of this disappointment not happened. 

Secondly I am going to implore Sephora to please hire individuals who actually know how to apply makeup if they are going to do on customers' faces. The SA that assisted me threw things on my face and made me look like BOO BOO the Clown by the time she was done. I ran out of the store as quickly as I could without purchasing anything at all. The whole point of events like this is to draw us in to possibly buying an item well this experience made me do just the opposite. Such a terrible experience! Ladies please let me know if you have experienced anything like this with SAs who don't know what they are doing and just pour makeup allllll over faces or if I am just going to the wrong Sephoras!

crayzeeRN

Re: GSP JCPENNEY Sephora Too Faced Bronze Ambition Event Disappointment!!!!

Oh my lord, definitely have had this happen- to the point where I don't let anyone put makeup on me anymore, except at the Benefit counter inside my Belk. Most recently I had an SA put WAYYY too much NARS blush on me... and I am very fair and NARS blush is highly pigmented. Looked like a little girl who had gotten into mom's makeup stash. Thankfully, the Benefit counter fixed the problem!

connieconcon

[ Edited ]

I've definitely had associates who make me look hideous!  As a rule, I don't let anyone do my eye shadows unless it's an actual makeup artist anymore.  And it has to be in a private setting in case it turns out that they do not know what they're doing. So basically, I never get a full makeover at Sephora. Ever.

Daniela1387

Trust me lesson learned lol! Just wish it hadn't been at the expense of running through the mall hiding my face like I was a celebrity while looking like Boo Boo the Clown -.- So embarrassing =(

connieconcon

Yep!  One time, I took a few pictures right out of the store, and to their credit, it did look pretty air brushed, haha.  But it was just too much makeup! 

I try to remember to carry a wipe or two in my purse though.:smileyhappy:

MoreGun89

The gift was a tubing mascara, not disappointed, my SA did a lovely job and I understand bronzers a little better now.  I was honestly expecting a bronzer deluxe sample :smileytongue:. I think I may come back and get a bronzer once my funds allow for it :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

I have had this happen before. I looked like a hooker. I am not exaggerating. I was humiliated to walk around the mall so I went home and washed my face.

Also, when did they do the Too Faced event & what was the gift? The only Sephora around me is a JCP one but I usually get the invites to the events...

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

They did it only at the Garden State Plaza Sephora in JCP in Paramus NJ but not in other JCP Sephoras that are close to where I live. And the "gift" was a lash injection but like I said at least in the store I went to I was told it would only be given to me if I bought something the SA put on my face. BTW I did the exact same thing after I ran out of JCP I hid my face as best as I could and washed my face immediately when I got home!!!! What an absolutely horrifying experience! >.<

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

Im so sorry Daniela1387! I know the feeling. I just looked back through my iPhone and I had sent a pic to my best friend with the title "slutty makeup". My lips were BROWN- see picture above (I am a fair shade MAC NC20, MUFE HD 117). My eyes are tricky to do because I have a slightly hooded lid and there are certain ways to apply shadow to make it look good. the SA brought the shadow all the way to my eyebrow! After leaving the event, my eyes looked like they were punched in by the irish brothers from boondock saints. And the foundation they matched me was too pink and too dark. see my neck and then my face. 

I know this picture is not something to brag about on a beauty board and is certainly humbling to post BUT I wanted people to see that I am not being dramatic. I wish I could have made this picture smaller cause it is ew.

But the last event I attended the SA was AWESOME! she matched my skin color really well and was light with the application. I gave her rave reviews in the JCP survey. The picture above is from the not good makeover.

Daniela1387

I wish I would've taken a picture of the look the SA gave me. Everyone I've spoken to about it thinks I'm joking when I say I looked like Boo Boo the Clown. Never again! This is the closest I can get to showing you guys what I mean. This streak down Lindsay's face yeaaaa thats what I looked like but then imagine having bright pink blush right above that to finish off the look...scary I know -.-lindsay_lohan_bronzer_makeup_disaster_188him8-188hj2r.jpg

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Oh my. I can't imagine how how i would react if someone did that to me. I never have thought of getting my makeup done at Sephora. I did once when there were MUFE Makeup artist there for an event, but i would never let anyone who did have some sort of professional training touch my face. 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

yeah i think im gonna take the picture down.  It is too embarrassing.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • carrierose
    • dianabt
    • ChicDabbler