beautylovingirl

GOOD GRIEF!

Hey girls,

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this today Good grief what is up with this heat? Me and my little boy were going out to play in our back yard and when we opened our door it felt like opening our oven door needless to say we came back in it's pretty bad when you can't even get started on something fun because it is so HOT. Is anyone else feeling this?

beautylovingirl

Re: GOOD GRIEF!

(0) Hearts

@waterbaby1981- Ooh now that would be great. Our heat index today is 105.

waterbaby1981

I'm thinking the weather in the Pacific Northwest is nice now compared to how bad it is everywhere else!  It's usually a dry heat when it warms up and today's supposed to be only 77.

beautylovingirl

@crayzeeRN- It sucks for everyone when mother nature has pms!

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]

Mother nature has PMS over here... it switches between 90 degree weather and monsoons-worth of rain every single day. Starting to wonder if I living in a tropical rain forest.

janinebt

The weather in the bay area has been so up and down recently! It's so frustrating because one day it will be glorious and warm...the next I'll be bundled up with a scarf. I'd just really like for it to either be hot or cold. It's so frustrating.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
beautylovingirl

@DrWould- Oh I could not imagine that you almost have a double whammy!:smileyhappy:

DrWould

I work at a preschool summer camp - outside for four hours every morning dealing with 20-something small children. The heat and humidity does not put me in a good mood!

Spyski

Muggy is the word they use around these waters. It's in the 90s right now, but feels like the 110s since the humidity is 100%.

Perfect for styling your hair in the morning and not having to bring the blotting papers :smileysad: righttttt

kd006

I live in minnesota and we're actually having a very late summer. It was still snowing here in early may, so we haven't had too many hot days. It has gotten up to 89 in the past few days but it's a nice 89. Hot but not humid, with a very good breeze. So it doesn't feel 89.

dianabt

Not to rub it in but I live too close to the beach where the sun has been severely lacking! I get to work and its sunny and warm but my neighborhood is foggy and cold so I've grown to LOVE hot weather! Humidity not so much but a nice sunny day and warm breeze and I'm set! :smileyhappy: I'd love to move to southern california one day and leave the San Francisco fog behind. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
DesertRose0706

Definetely!  I live in Arizona and the monsoon season is starting, meaning it is hot AND humid!  To make thinfs worse the air conditioning at work is out (its being repaired, but very slowly) and its85 degrees just inside! Yuck!

beautylovingirl

@missjr- WE all wish cool air rides for the rest of the summer. You definitely deserve it!:smileyhappy:

clarks18

I hate heat.  I am a winter/fall girl all the way.  I live in Michigan and today it was like 91 and super sticky humid.  It's a pain trying to get ready for work in the morning when it's that hot.  By the time you finish your hair your all sweaty and miserable.  I am counting down the days till fall.  My favorite weather is 55 degrees with overcast.  I think I may have been a vampire in another life!

LolaVal

I'm totally a winter/fall girl as well.  I live in southern CA and it has been pretty warm (for us) as well.  Of course we don't have to suffer the humidity like in the midwest and on the east coast.  I feel for you ladies and gent living there.  I went to school in upstate NY and was in DC for summers and the humidity was just horrible!  I wish we had more rain in CA so as to prevent wild fires.  

beautylovingirl

@Meg82- Aww  how sweet you are!

Meg82

Thank god the heat finally broke here.  The past few weeks have been unbearable but today I was finally able to do my makeup and not have it melt off during application.  And I could sit in the living room and do my classwork without having to keep a towel with me to wipe off sweat periodically (gross i know, but sadly quite necessary) I'm hoping the heat waves break for all of you (if you want it to, you can keep it if you like it) because today has been an amazing relief and I want that for all of you.

beautylovingirl

@missjr- Oh my lord I don't blame you for switching cars there was probably not any other way.

missjr

Washington, D.C. is notorious for its hazy, hot and humid weather especially in July and August.  I absolutely hate it!  I was late for work this morning because the subway car I got on had NO air-conditioning!  None.  Nada.  Zip.  Talk about stifling!  I should have known something was up because it was the least crowded car and people were fanning.  I jumped off the car at the next station and waited an additional 4 minutes for the next one.

Being late was far more preferable than passing out from heat exhaustion on the train.  And on a shallow note, I did not spend time making sure my makeup was on point just to have it melt off before I got to work.

LolaVal

@missjr - poor you!  No AC on the metro is the worst!  Hopefully your commute will be seamless for the rest of the summer!

starletta8

I feel your pain- but you seriously lucked out with another Metro coming in 4 minutes..

You know you're used to Washington when 75 and humid at 6am makes you think "hey, not bad out this morning!"

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 76 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • kalex
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • waterbaby1981
    • dianabt