miabt

Fun in the Sun!

[ Edited ]

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Since fitness has been a hot topic lately, I wanted to share a fun pic from my weekend hike. On the left is my gorgeous & super fit mom. The hike was 3 miles up (and 3 miles down obviously :smileywink: ) We were being silly & showing off, as you should after hiking a rocky hill for over an hour!  It actually took us 2 1/2 hours round trip, so I'm pretty proud of her & myself!  We also had to park a little farther from the trail, so it was more like 7 miles that we did that morning!  Whew!!

swfupload_3377541776799507087.jpg

swfupload_242972749447079120.jpg

Have any of you caught some of your fun in the sun summer activities on camera lately?

xo, Mia

CzaCee

Re: Fun in the Sun!

(0) Hearts

lovely pictures! hey, are you filipina? :smileyhappy:

miabt

(0) Hearts

Thanks CzaCee!  I am filipina :smileywink:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Awesome pictures! I bet that was an awesome bonding experience with your mom! Do you both hike/work out together a lot or is it more of a rare occasion?

It looks like a gorgeous day out too!

miabt

@lylysa - My mom & I are actually pretty close :smileyhappy: We dont get to work out together, so this was a rare hike.   As I've gotten older, shes pretty much my BFF now-a-days!  We used to work a block away from each other for years & lunch a few times a week!  We dont get to do it as often since I've switched jobs, so it was nice to spend a few hours just the two of us.  

xo, Mia

lylysa

(0) Hearts

That's great to hear! :smileyhappy: Bonding bonding bonding!

I still can't get over how gorgeous that day looks in your photos, adds even more to your experience!

kimmi1115

That is so awesome!!  And I never would have guessed that was your mom!  I would have said it was your sister!  

miabt

Totally!  I sent my mom the link earlier & she appreciates everyones comments & encouragement :smileywink:

xo, Mia

jinxski

(0) Hearts

Is this Mission Peak? I've been meaning to hike this.

You guys look lovely up there!

miabt

@jinxski - It is Mission Peak!  You'd love it :smileyhappy:  I'd suggest going earlier rather than later, for better parking & to avoid it getting too hot!

xo, Mia

jinxski

(0) Hearts

I'll keep it in mind, I'm hoping to go this fall! Thanks! :smileyhappy:

poshified

Guns-a-blazin'! :smileyhappy: You two look fabulous!

Meg82

(0) Hearts

Those pictures look great!  I'm so impressed with both of you.  I could walk 7 miles but I could never hike it.  Once you add elevation I'm doomed.

miabt

(0) Hearts

I think you underestimate yourself, Meg82!  I totally think you'd be able to do it!  There were people of all ages & sizes taking pictures at the top right there with us :smileywink:  I really had to dig deep (especially since I was starting to get sick), but that feeling of accomplishment at the top was soooo worth it!  

xo, Mia

DesertRose0706

Thanks for sharing!  Looks like a lot of fun!

Titian06

(0) Hearts

You and your mom look great!  Now I feel really out of shape...

miabt

(0) Hearts

thanks Titian06 :smileywink:  If my mom can do it, I know you can too!

sls35

(0) Hearts

These are such great pictures! you and your mother rock & look fabulous doing it too!

miabt

(0) Hearts

Thanks sls35!  I'm sure my mom would appreciate that since it was her first time & shes been P90X'ing :smileywink:

xo, Mia

kalex

You have killer legs woman!

Good for you two - I bet that was an amazing feeling! :smileyhappy:

miabt

(0) Hearts

Felt good, but I seriously couldnt walk for 2 days... so SORE!!  

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • kalex
    • sls35
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • melissabt