annonymous1

Friday Questions!

Happy Friday! it's been such a long week, but yay TGIF :smileyhappy: 

anyway, i love these questions, i love reading everyones responces & i love awnsering them, So i came up with this thread. 

1.) Whats your favorite desert? 

2.) what accomplishment are you most proud of? 

3.) if you could have your dream job, and living expenses and money wernt an issue, what would you be doing? 

4.) what is the best vacation you've ever had? or the most beautiful place you've ever seen or traveled too? (pictures if you have!) 

5.) When is your birthday? Do you think you fit with your zodiac sign?

i'll start :smileyhappy:

1.) Theres a little sushi resturant by my house and they have something called "Brownie Tempura ice cream" and its basically a fried brownie with ice cream, its to die for. 

2.) This sounds pretty petty, but paying for and leasing my own car, i've kind of always relied on my parents but i wanted to do something for myself and lease a car in my name and pay for it on my own, and i have, i havent missed one payment since :smileyhappy: 

3.) i would be a teacher, unfortunatly teachers make next to nothing, i wish they did get paid more for what they did, i think it would be amazing to be a teacher and change someones life. 

4.) My bestfriend lives in California (Burbank to be exact) and i went up there and it was the most beautiful place i had ever been too, i went in Christmas time so it wasent so hot, but i loved it, the atmosphere is just better up there for some reason, plus the mountains & the views! i loved it. 

5.) June 1st, and yes i'm a gemini and i think i'm 100% a gemini, the whole description fits me very well. 

mityren

Re: Friday Questions!

1.   30 day cake. My grandma makes this and it is soooo good.

2. My kids! 

3.  A full time author.  I love to write and would love to dedicate all my time to it but alas I must earn $

4. Mist beautiful place I have ever seen is the desert in New Mexico with the sun set over the mountains. Beautiful purples, navy's  pinks and oranges

5 Dec 9.   Yes I am totally a Sagitarius!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

1. Joni's refrigerator cake (made at a small family owned bakery near where my family lives).

2. finishing college, paying of loans

3. naturopath, dietician, or actress

4. Jamaica

5. Im Sagettarius. some things are spot on : "honest to a fault & i feel sullen if you feel that my wings have been clipped"

but im dont always long to travel, in fact I like being at home a lot. And im not super into horses.

rikkie

1.) Whats your favorite dessert?
Hmm, I hate choosing favorites of anything! Creme brulee is something I will almost always pick from a dessert menu, so I'll go with that!
Eek, I don't think I've accomplished anything much, maybe being able to move away from my parents as soon as I was legally able to (16), I had to work a lot to be able to pay bills though, so while I tried to do it and still go to school it didn't work out very well and I never collected enough credits to graduate. I don't think I missed much though, my teachers liked to give old diploma exams in the tenth grade to see where each student was at academically and I was over 80% in all of the ones I did, so working was probably a better use of my time, haha.
3.) if you could have your dream job, and living expenses and money wernt an issue, what would you be doing?
I have no idea, I wish I could play with animals at the zoo and feed them and do fun things but not have to do cleaning up type tasks. Or maybe people would buy jewelry I make, I'm too scared to actually put up an etsy store or anything though. That would be a non stressful job I could enjoy.
4.) what is the best vacation you've ever had? or the most beautiful place you've ever seen or traveled too? (pictures if you have!)
Ooh, both of the times I was in Japan were fantastic, there's a big park in Nara with over 1000 tameish deer that is such a cool place to see. The french riviera is amazingly scenic too though, and CHEESE HEAVEN!
5.) When is your birthday? Do you think you fit with your zodiac sign? September 21, I don't know anything about what being a Virgo is supposed to say about me though. :smileyhappy:

drrragon

(0) Hearts

@rikkie -- I've been to the place in Nara with the sacred deer!  They're so tame and so used to being fed by humans though that they can actually get a little bit aggressive.  I remember seeing a little boy crying and running away from a deer that was harrassing him for food, LOL

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

1.) Whats your favorite desert? Cheesecake. I want to be buried alive in it so I can eat my way out! :smileytongue:

2.) what accomplishment are you most proud of? My linguistic expertise. I have a degree in linguistics, but I'm also just good with languages. Native level fluency in 3, and am beginner-intermediate in 4 others.

3.) if you could have your dream job, and living expenses and money wernt an issue, what would you be doing? I'd be a writer. *sighs dreamily and recalls the bohemian days of undergrad when no dream seemed too big or unrealistic.*

4.) what is the best vacation you've ever had? or the most beautiful place you've ever seen or traveled too? (pictures if you have!) The best vacation so far has been my trip to Europe this past May (went to Barcelona, Geneva, Lyon, London, Paris, Amsterdam and Volendam) -- it was amazing!! But I'd have to say the most beautiful city I've seen is Granada, my favorite city in Spain! Though admittedly, I think it's only beautiful b/c Alhambra is beautiful:

granada.jpg

5.) When is your birthday? Do you think you fit with your zodiac sign? My b-day is August 14th...I know I'm a leo, but I have no idea what that entails, sorry! lol

jennjenn123

(0) Hearts

1.  I love a good cannoli.  Also there's a place here that makes a Krispy Kreme bread pudding.  Amazing. 

2.  This sounds weird but... flying through a big airport without having a panic attack or even just nausea.  It was by myself, no less!  Thank you therapy and Xanax. 

3.  I still haven't decided exactly what I want to do.  I'm currently a grad student studying curriculum and instruction.  My interest is in chemistry curriculum, but I'm thinking about either going into academia (tenure-track position somewhere) or teaching chemistry at the high school level.  Sometimes I wish I'd know about epidemiology when I was considering what to do after under-grad, but then I remind myself that I had proteins and metabolic pathways, and I probably would have had to learn a lot of those.

4. Kiawah Island, SC

5.  Mid-March.  I don't know what a Pisces is supposed to be like, so I have no idea.  I like the ocean - does that count?

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I like many desserts, but I love a good cake!

Graduating high school as one of five Valedictorians.  I wasn't the most athletic person in high school (I'm a weakling lol), but my brain is pretty strong.  And that was so corny lol.

If money is not an issue at all, I would want to be a vet.  I did want to be one at one point, but the students loans I would have to have for vet school would be insane.  A lot of people say I should have went pre-vet, but I would feel like I would never get out of school lol.

So far, I would have to say Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  I love the beach, and there are so many things to do at Myrtle.

November 15, and I do fit many of the Scorpio characteristics. Scorpios are very determined people!

HMNewbie

1) Fresh fruit - can't have that other stuff on weight watchers

2) Most proud of passing the CPA exam on the 1st try

3) If money weren't an issue, I would travel the country offering CPA services to not-for-profit organizations.

4) We love a little cabin in the middle of nowhere in the Nantahala National Forest.

5) I don't do zodiacs.

Titian06

(0) Hearts

1.  I'm not much of a desert person.

2.  I'm most proud of earning an MBA.

3.  If I could, I would own my own yarn store.  This was my Business Plan (thesis) for my MBA.

4.  I stay home on my vacations.

5.  I fit my zodiac sign.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I don't discriminate. I accept all desserts *halo appears*. C'mere my brownies, cakes, cookies, cheesecakes, croissants, pies, muffins, cream puffs, donuts, mousse, macaroon, pudding, ice cream.....

hmmm....not quite sure how to answer this one. I suppose it was my undergrad capstone, where I wasn't just a leader in name, but I learned how to truly lead, inspire and manage people.

I don't really have a dream job, tho my day dream changes all the time. Sometimes I want to be a mega actress, sometimes a CEO, sometimes a hacker....

Hawaii. nuff said.

I'm a Sept baby. Zodiac, do you mean Virgo or Dragon? I fit both.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I love your dessert answer!  I still haven't had a macaroon.  I see pictures of them online, like on the IG popular page lol.

jellybean917

1. Cheesecake, no contest!

2. Moving away from my fiance and family for graduate school.

3. My fiance and I would love to run a bed & breakfast. Or I want to have my own skincare line.

4. The Finger Lakes region is gorgeous. And I had a blast in the Smokies last summer.

swfupload_5146206952507488462.jpg

5. September 17 - Virgo. I'm trying to loosen up and be a little less Virgo!

Kiki1517

Ice Cream!

2.) What accomplishment are you most proud of?

Raising my children into wonderful little people! There are many other things in my life that I am proud of accomplishing, especially with all the obstacles that have hit me along the way, but in the end, giving my children all the love and support I can and a better childhood than I had is all that really matters to me. <3

Okay, who on this thread would not want to have their own cosmetics line? I've been researching opening my own retail store as well, someday when the money isn't an issue...

I still need to take a vacay :smileysad: Unfortunately my boyfriend's work schedule doesn't allow hi much time off and when it does, that means there hasn't been much work, so we're tight on money. First places on my list though are LA and NY.

December 28 and Capricorn definitely fits me, it's actually creepy how spot on my horoscopes are sometimes.

beautylovingirl

@Meg82- Aww Happy B'Day tomorrow I hope you have a great day!:smileyhappy:

Meg82

Thanks! You are sweet.

Meg82

Probably cheesecake.

I have two.  One of them is writing my undergrad thesis.  It was years and years ago but it was the best thing I've ever written and since writing it I've been able to use to do trainings about self-injury and teenagers.

The other one sounds kind of dumb but it's just, like, surviving this long.  I've had a lot of struggles with bipolar and other mental health issues and I've spent a lot of time seriously suicidal.  I always imagined I'd be dead before I turned 30, but tomorrow I'll be 31 and I'm the stable-ist and happiest I've ever been.  Sorry for this one, I always get sappy around my birthday.

Definitely doing in school counseling for middle or high schoolers.  Which is why I'm working on going to school for that (and taking an evil stats class this summer, yuck).  So hopefully I will be doing it in 3-4 years.  It would be really nice if the pay were better so I like this "money is no issue" thing.

I think my best vacation is when I went to San Diego a couple of years ago with some friends.  It was perfectly timed.  It was in March when I didn't think I could take another second of Seattle winter and I got a nice infusion of sunshine.  It was beautiful, we did fun stuff, it was awesome.

My birthday is tomorrow and I definitely fit with my sign.  I'm such a homebody and I absolutely love the water.

rikkie

Happy Birthday!! I'm so glad to hear you're doing well these days, it's not easy or fun to deal with those sorts of issues.  I am only just starting to think about the idea that I might not be dead before 30 actually. I still have almost 5 years to go though, so no promises, haha. I just found out I am done with waiting on the US Visa Center for my immigration paperwork and now all I need is to wait for an interview and I can go to live in San Diego!! So if you make it out there again perhaps we will have to walk along the beach for some sunshine or go shopping at Sephora together! :smileytongue:

Meg82

I know you'll make it to 30 and far beyond, from what you've shared on the forums I can tell you are a survivor and I have no doubt that you'll die an old lady with impeccable makeup.

And I would love to have beach/Sephora trip with you if I ever get back to San Diego :smileyvery-happy:

rikkie

Ahahaha, thanks. :smileyhappy: I really did laugh out loud at the old lady remark! I hope your classes will all go well this summer and in the future, I'm sure you will make a big difference in a lot of lives being a counselor.  It can make such a difference just to have someone to talk to sometimes, and having made it through your own struggles will let you understand some of the kids in a way that other people absolutely couldn't if they have never had first-hand experience. All the theory and studying in the world can't teach you how it can be, so don't forget it, even if you want to. :smileyhappy: I admire you for being strong enough to make it through everything and still have enough care and drive to help others too. <3

kimmi1115

Happy early Birthday!  I hope you have an awesome day tomorrow!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 59 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • sephoralovex
    • kimmi1115
    • annonymous1
    • drrragon