spacesuit

Friday Q

Happy Friday!

1. Do you keep a journal / diary? How good are you at regularly updating it?

2. What is the warmest item of clothing you own?

3. If you could travel to any time period for one day, when would you travel to?

4. What's the most you've ever spent on a single pair of shoes?

5. What kind of phone do you use, and how do you like it?

my answers:

1. I have been trying to keep some sort of journal since I was a kid but I've never been very good at it. I started up again because I'm going through a period of being really scatterbrained and I need to improve my memory.

2. I have a giant wool peacoat from Costco that I bought for a winter break trip to England in high school. I gained weight in college and it's still huge on me!

3. I would probably go to... the future! I'd want a sneak peek of what the future is going to be like so I can have something to either look forward to or prepare for.

4. I spent $130 on a pair of shoes and the next week they went on 60% clearance. I was so mad! Though I did buy them in another color at the sale price :smileyhappy:

5. I've been using the same phone for three years and it's pretty much garbage. I've been needing to upgrade but I just can't afford it until I can get a job, I'm on one of those no contract pay-as-you-go plans that's not through a major network and I just pay for talk/text since their 3g/4g network is awful. I feel like a dinosaur, haha.

mimibel

Re: Friday Q

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I keep a digital one but updates are sporadic. It's mostly about travel, what I cook, what I buy and photos of our kitties.

Furs, a ridiculous beanie that I love.
3. If you could travel to any time period for one day, when would you travel to?

A sunny early summer day at Petit Trianon with Marie Antoinette. 

More than I should have for a pair of weird sandals. 

Razor, and I hate phones but I hate to 'talk on the phone' using my iPad or iPod so...

kalex

(0) Hearts

Not since I was in grade school.

I live in Nebraska.  I have a lot of cold weather clothes but a navy and tan polka dot sweater I bought from Anthro last year comes to mind.

10 years in the future I think.  It might help me make some decisions now.

I'm not sure. I have quite a few pairs of Coach but I always snagged them on sale.  Maybe my Tory Burch flats.

Samsung Galaxy 4. Love it!

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

Its friday!!! :smileyvery-happy:

1. Nah, I think its a bit useless :smileytongue:

2. My cashmere sweater! my favourite winter piece to wear when its cold. But as a coat I got a coat with duck feathers in it, its extremely warm!

3. I would go in the future! And take a drive in a flying car :3

4. Im not a fan of shoes, but my Under armour running shoes did cost about 110$, which would be the most expensive shoes i've brought!

5. I have a samsung Galaxy s3, been having it for over a year and its really great, I have 17 pages of applications :3 its so fun, seriously! I can't believe some peoples still got those dinosaure phones O: !

LCResz

1. Nope.
2. I have a lovely long coat I received for Xmas a long time ago. It is my mission to be able to fit in it every year :smileywink:
3. Ancient Greco-Roman times, when you could literally read every book in existence in your life time.
4. I've bought a few sneakers for about $100, but I really don't care much for shoes.
5. I have an old Nokia bar phone; I can't text with it and it doesn't have a camera or anything! I love it, I am of the belief that phones are for talking, if I really need to type something to you I will do so on something comfy, like my iPad.

BeautyJunkie325

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts
  1. Not anymore 
  2. I live in NE Ohio so I have lots of warm stuff - Wool coat, polar fleece leggings, chunky men's boot socks, flannel shirts, and the list goes on....
  3. probably the 40s, I would so have rocked it as a USO girl.
  4. about 150 on a pair of black lacy Carlos Santana pumps
  5. Samsung Galaxy III - I like it.  I love the larger screen size.
knadala

(0) Hearts

1. I don't, because I am not good at remembering to update it.

2. A fuzzy housecoat LOL

3. The future, 2050

4. $130

5. Iphone 5, it's my first Iphone and I love it.

kirstensf

(0) Hearts

I have filled countless journals over the years, but currently I'm just keeping kind of a loose collection of entries on my laptop.

This really fabulous coat from Urban Outfitters with a fur-lined hood. I get lots of compliments on it.

I'd love to attend a real disco from the 70s.

I don't think much over $200.

I have the iPhone 4s. It works fine for me!

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

1. I've tried, but I'm terrible at remembering to write/type in it... so no

2. Probably my furs? IDK, I own a lot of cashmere, wool, shearling, fur... it gets cold in the winter & I hate being cold. I want to purchase a Canada Goose coat this year, but I don't know if they are worth the money...

3. I'm not sure. Maybe some sort of specific historical event in Ukraine, or like you said, the future! 

4. Too much. I have a few pairs of Jimmy Choos, Loubs, YSL & Fendi shoes that I rarely wear. 

5. iPhone 4. I've cracked the screen a few times, but refuse to pay for a new one, soI keep going to the mall & getting my screen replaced. Right now my phone is pink, a few months ago it was metallic blue. 

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

Every few years I do, but I am not right now.

My Northface coat

Maybe the 1950's? I could dress cute, but I don't think I belong in any other time period

Maybe $120? I usually avoid buying shoes full price.

Ugh, it's a Motorola piece of junk. However, I dropped it in the toilet last night and now it won't turn on. My mom is renewing our family plan contact and I'm dying for a smartphone!

NotCrocker

I have a cooking/baking blog that serves that purpose for me. I share some life tidbits along with my recipes and photos and that satisfies that need for me. 

I am from the Yukon. I own REAL heavy-duty winter clothes. I could and have (and wouldn't recommend it) slept outside in the snow. 

Is it so ridiculous to want to go back just two years. Grad school was fresh and exciting, my dad was still alive and pre-cancer, and I just moved to my dream city. If I had to go back to an entirely different era, ooph I don't know, I like modern luxuries.

I've definitely snagged a few that hovered around $170, but none beyond that.

I have a Blackberry that I adopted from my best friend when she moved away. My phone before that was atrocious so this was an upgrade. Now, working where I do, I am teased on the daily about having a phone that is barely supported. "Do we need to do quality assurance on all devices... NotCrocker, what is your platform again..." I am going to upgrade this weekend and move my husband onto my BB (he took over my even worse phone).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • kirstensf
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • LCResz
    • knadala