LCResz

Freaky Friday Questions

I know I am getting old because a lot of my "pop culture" references in class are totally missed by the majority of my students. C'est la vie.

So, in honor of youthful things, here goes:

1. If you could switch places for one day with another person a la Freaky Friday, who would you switch with?

2. Which member of the Scooby Gang are you most like?

3. Scratch and sniff stickers or glittery/holographic stickers?

4. Did you/will you go to your high school reunion?

5. Do you wear white after Labor Day? 

Kiki1517

Re: Freaky Friday Questions

1. If you could switch places for one day with another person a la Freaky Friday, who would you switch with?

I don't know. I see a lot of people are saying their significant others and although it's intriguing, when I really think about it, I would not really want to know what's inside their brains lol. Maybe a celeb with a fabulous shoe closet in a beachfront home, but no one in particular comes to mind.

Equal mix of Daphne & Velma.

Glittery.

My ten year is summer 2014 and yes I will attend.

I wear white anytime I feel like it :smileyvery-happy:

Geminichilde

1.)  Nobody comes to mind.

2.) Velma and Shaggy's love child

3.) Scratch and Sniff

4.) I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that I've been out of high school long enough for a reunion. Probably not though.

5.) I never got the reason for that rule, I wear whatever makes me feel good.

pinkonyx

swfupload_5335494944783098019.jpg

President Obama, I just want to know what it would be like...

Scobby DooooooooOoOooO!

How about glittery scratch and sniff stickers...

Yes I would like to go.

Yes because fashion faux pas are for the WEAK!

DrWould

1. Beyonce. Don't judge me. 

2. Daphne because she's pretty stylish for a cartoon character

3. Glittery! I love anything that sparkles.

4. Maybe, I'm not sure. I didn't really keep in contact with too many people from high school other than seeing them come up on my news feed on facebook from time to time. But we'll see!

5. I don't wear white pants after Labor Day, but I wear white tops year round. 

neko333

1.I don't really want to be anyone else. However I would probably switch with my boyfriend as he's really strong and athletic. I would try to do some of the stuff he does only to hurt myself and return his body broken. 

2. I had to think about this a while. Maybe Scooby? However I don't scare easily.......I probably match Johnny Bravo best (he was in one episode). I wonder if I should be worried.

3. Glittery

4. It depends on how rich I am. I'm either a crazy genius or just a crazy weirdo. Hopefully by then I'll know the answer.

swfupload_8132585221615965536.gif

neko333

5. I don't wear white, I'm pale and that's counterproductive. Plus I'll just spill something on myself anyways. 

RiaMo

1. Oprah Winfrey so I could learn her secrets to success.

2. Mmm I was never really a fan, maybe Scoobie?

3. Both! 

4. I didn't go because I no longer live in the same state, but I totally would. 

5. I feel weird about it, but I do! I love white heels most in the Fall. 

tashalicious

1. my husband

2. Daphne

3. scratch and sniff

4. we kind of already reunited on facebook so i don't think i would bother to go see them.

5. Sure, i always thought that rule was silly and outdated.

annekevdb

1, I think I'd switch with my boyfriend and you know... see what its like from the other side...

2. Velma all the way

3. Scratch and sniff

4. I went to my 20th and will go to my 30th in a few years. It was long enough that the old hurts and such had faded for everyone, the men had gone bald, there was a open bar, and it was fun.

5. As much as I ever do. I have to regard white clothing as disposable. I always stain, spill, ruin, etc. white clothing. I never wear white pants _ I 'm sure if I did that I'd accidently sit in a pan of brownies or something.

midnightangel

1. No one. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my body.

2. Velma. Or Scrappy. Depends on the day.

3. Both were fun, but the glittery ones stayed glittery long after the scent wore off of the scratch & sniff ones.

4. Didn't go to my 5th, 10th or 15th. Doesn't look good for the 20th either. Oh well.

5. I don't wear white anyway.

Titian06

No one.

Velma.

Stickers came out long after I was a kid.

None so far.  My *ahem* reunion is this month, and I'm not going.

I don't wear white.  However, I do have a jacket that I put in that category; I only wear it from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

If You Must Know:  Why We Can't Wear White After Labor Day

By Laura Fitzpatrick

September 8, 2009

Excellent article from Time magazine.

Full article here:  http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1920684,00.html

Excerpt:

Instead, other historians speculate, the origin of the no-white-after–Labor Day rule may be symbolic. In the early 20th century, white was the uniform of choice for Americans well-to-do enough to decamp from their city digs to warmer climes for months at a time: light summer clothing provided a pleasing contrast to drabber urban life. "If you look at any photograph of any city in America in the 1930s, you'll see people in dark clothes," says Scheips, many scurrying to their jobs. By contrast, he adds, the white linen suits and Panama hats at snooty resorts were "a look of leisure."

Labor Day, celebrated in the U.S. on the first Monday of September, marked the traditional end of summer; the well-heeled vacationers would stow their summer duds and dust off their heavier, darker-colored fall clothing. "There used to be a much clearer sense of re-entry," says Steele. "You're back in the city, back at school, back doing whatever you're doing in the fall — and so you have a new wardrobe."

By the 1950s, as the middle class expanded, the custom had calcified into a hard-and-fast rule. Along with a slew of commands about salad plates and fish forks, the no-whites dictum provided old-money élites with a bulwark against the upwardly mobile. But such mores were propagated by aspirants too: those savvy enough to learn all the rules increased their odds of earning a ticket into polite society. "It [was] insiders trying to keep other people out," says Steele, "and outsiders trying to climb in by proving they know the rules."

ChicDabbler

1. Miranda Kerr. C'mon not only do I get to be absolutely gorgeous, I get Orlando Bloom. Altho she might be horrified at my body, lol.

2. Don't watch the show but based on the trusty wikipedia character descriptions, Willow Rosenberg. She's nerdy, and she's witchy. There's a Marc Jacob collection that's witchy that I'm dying to get my hands on.....if I have a couple thousands to spare. X.X

3. Glittery/holographic

4. Yes

5. Technically it's always "after" a labor day right? I do it yr round.

LCResz

Ah, I see a generation gap has emerged! I meant like Scooby Doo Where Are You? characters, wasn't thinking Buffy, however Willow is totally Velma!

ChicDabbler

Ah no, I thought you meant Scooby Doo but I don't remember the character names. When I googled it returned mostly Buffy the Vampire Slayer so I thought you meant that.

Lol, so we are originally on the same wavelength. I would be Velma Dinkley cuz I wear glasses, I'm kind of nerdy, I have med/short hair, and I own/wear this dress sometimes:2013-08-30 21.44.54.jpg

LCResz

oh my gosh, that is awesome that the Internet is pro Josh Wedon shows :smileyvery-happy: I love your dress, very cute and goes beautifully with your coloring!

rikkie

Hahah, have you MET the internet?? Anything Joss Whedon touches becomes 24K gold in a lot of peoples' eyes. It's kind of insane. 

beautylovingirl

1.I'm gonna say Teresa Guidice from the RHONJ- Only one day and maybe not all day.

2.Probably Daphne... I can't really put myself as any of the others.

3.Scratch and Sniff - I loved these when I was a little girl.

5. No

6. Yes. It's a great color to wear.

BeautyJunkie325

Hmmmm....that is hard.  I'd say maybe Stacy London.  She has amazing style and is friends with Clinton Kelly.  I would so want to have drinks with him. 

Velma, however I'd be rocking Daphne's boots. :smileyhappy:

Scratch & Sniff - I loved those when I was in school

Sadly no.  I was traveling like crazy for work that summer & my reunion was in between weeks that I was traveling as well as being month en at work.  I wish I had been able to go.

Sure - it's about the weight of the fabric not the color.

DrWould

(0) Hearts

Ooooh I would love to be Stacy for a day. So sad that they're done with What Not to Wear! :smileysad:

DTalksAll

1. Probably my boyfriend. We both "think" the other has an easy job even though we know we both work hard

2. Scooby for sure

3. Ahhhh can't decide! My notebooks were covered in both! 

4. Didn't go to my 10 year. It was at a bar the night before Thanksgiving in a bar town. I don't leave the house that night... too many drunk drivers & cops out. I keep in touch with those that I want & the rest there's FB

5. Yes! I'll wear white jeans until the weather cools off. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 73 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • neko333