kimchikween

Forget the no buy...let's do a "no negative" for at least the rest of this week

[ Edited ]

I know there have been a lot of comments about Rouge/VIB, perks, shipping, samples, offers, etc...  I am not saying that any of these comments are wrong,  Nor am I saying that our opinions should be squelched.  "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

But I know many of us have had a challenging week (work, losses, struggles, etc...).  Personally, I just got some very bad news about my ability to have children in the future but this isn't about me.  I am just asking for a brief reprieve until Monday - no new posts/topics on the aforementioned subjects. Come Monday, may the flood gates open, but until then, let's put a stopper in it, 'kay?

Much love! :heart: :heart: :heart:

kissXmakeup

Re: Forget the no buy...let's do a "no negative" for at least the rest of this week

I love the idea for this post. I myself am having a not so great week! I come on here to make my days better, and you girls never fail me (: thanks BT!

beautylovingirl

Re: Forget the no buy...let's do a "no negative" for at least the rest of this week

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/POSITIVE-PARTY-FOR-BT/td-p/673705  

Come over to our other party link is above.:smileywink:

kissXmakeup

Thanks hun! Will do (:

melde

I'm sorry you are having a rough week! Never say never!

And I love the positive vibe! :smileyhappy:

starletta8

I'm so sorry about your issues. It's been a challenging week for me as well.

All of the negativity is draining... so a no negative for a few days sounds like a great idea.

beautylovingirl

Can I just lend you maybe a glimmer of hope?  I wasn't supposed to be able to have children at all because of endometriosis and cysts. The glimmer is that after my husband and I were married 14 yrs we had the brightest little star given to us and he's  9 now, but just because the doctor's say you can't the big guy upstairs is the one who makes all the decisions, so just don't lose hope.:heart:

kimchikween

Thanks for the comment, @beautylovingirl!  I am definitely not hopeless...and if I can't have children by birth, there are plenty of children in the world I would love to call my own :heart:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Your welcome sweetie girl!

spoiledbrat

kimchikween i will sign up to your plan - my apologies if i upset anyone over my issue - it is in the past:smileyhappy: happy rest of the week to all <3

makeupmaven

On a beauty-related note, let's all smile! You know what they say, if you keep frowning/ making angry faces they might stick that way! And we all want to look pretty, not angry!

prettyinpa

Yeah, let's not have to wear Frownies because of BT! :smileyhappy:

MermaidBarbie

Awe, sorry to hear that, hon. I agree with you. Let's all just have a positive outlook on life and make the most of what we have instead of bickering like hens. You take care now! :heart:

prettyinpa

I'm sorry you have had a challenging week, health issues are never fun.

Here's to more fun on BT, I'm in for sure.

makeupmaven

Sorry to hear about that, but thanks for your positive post! And, yes, it's just makeup! We are all here because we love beauty, so let's spread the love!

misscg

Awe I'm sorry to hear that. Just stay positive. My week has sucked as well, I just got released from the hospital and. Just come on here to obsess about makeup rather than my situation. That being said I don't mind the disputes it's still entertaining as long as you don't take it to heart.

i do believe this rouge status is creating hysteria on BT and I keep getting sucked in lol.

rikkie

[ Edited ]

Also entertaining: some of the history behind the word "hysteria"! 

For at least two thousand years of European history until the late nineteenth century hysteria referred to a medical condition thought to be particular to women and caused by disturbances of the uterus (from the Greek ὑστέρα "hystera" = uterus), that were supposedly caused by the movement of a woman's uterus to various locations within her body as it became light and dry due to a lack of bodily fluids. The "wandering womb" theory persisted in European medicine for centuries.

The 19th century diagnosis of "hysteria" must have made for some interesting doctor's appointments too... I don't even know what to think about all that.

kenny

OMG "wandering uterus" rotfl! Clearly a man was at the root of this...

misscg

You know I've learned about this plenty of times but this is first time I actually thought about the wandering uterus. Lol, wow just wow.

prettyinpa

@rikkie- lol on the wandering uterus!  I've heard of "water on the knee" and dislocated shoulders but wandering organs is a new one. You always come up with the most fascinating facts!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Oh man, I am full of the most random useless information out there on every subject I can find, haha. 

The uterus thing is just too funny to me, they really regarded it as this horrible organ that wandered around the body causing havoc! 

Esdee

Okay, the wandering thing may have been wrong, but that havoc-causing?  Sounds on the money to me!  :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 98 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • misscg