pocketvenus

Flash sale sites

I was wondering if anyone on BT has used flash sale sites like hautelook.com or gilt.com before? There are some decent deals, but I read that sometimes they send fakes and it can be difficult getting refunded/making an exchange. What have your experiences been like?

janinebt

Re: Flash sale sites

Hmm I've only used flash sale sites to purchase clothing and jewelry, but never for makeup.

Beauty sales specifically seem to sell out or conclude by the time I get along to them, wah :smileysad:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
pocketvenus

(0) Hearts

janinebt wrote:

Hmm I've only used flash sale sites to purchase clothing and jewelry, but never for makeup.

Beauty sales specifically seem to sell out or conclude by the time I get along to them, wah :smileysad:.

IKR! I get notifications around 11am but by the time I can log in during my lunch break, everything good is taken!

mermadelove

I've used HauteLook to buy UD. Their delivery is slow-- usually two weeks. Also, I don't know if it's just specific brands or site wide, but they do not accept exchanges/returns for UD. You definitely get a good deal, but you'd better know that you want the item since you won't be able to return.

prettyinpa

I've seen that the makeup and skincare items are non-returnable, presumably for hygienic reasons. Jeans, shoes and clothes are  returnable, depending on the seller. Be sure to read the listing carefully if you think you may need to return something.

pocketvenus

Thanks for the tips! I've also seen some clothes that are non-returnable on HauteLook, so I think the message here is to read the fine print carefully.

I wonder where the products are sourced from. I'm guessing that these sites don't source their materials directly from the brand and that is why they can sell them at such a high discount. Interestingly, I've seen the same items on Peacock Parade (a Toronto based flash site) at Winners (Canadian discount store) for similar prices so they may be sourcing from the same suppliers to a degree.

prettyinpa

I have used Haute Look before and had no trouble with them. I got authentic Paige Jeans, Urban Decay Makeup, LORAC makeup and though sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to receive the item, all have arrived in good shape. There seems to be in some cases, a long time before the item actually ships, though this is usually specified on the listing. I haven't had to return anything as it was all good. I have somewhat hesitated to buy a pricey watch on there since the listing says that the offering is from a seller but not the actual brand. All the listings that I did buy from didn't have that disclaimer.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • mermadelove
    • pocketvenus
    • janinebt