glossyguru

First Makeup from Sephora

[ Edited ]

I was looking through my makeup and saw in the back of my drawer was an eyeshadow trio. It hadn't been touched in forever. I pulled it out and looked at it more closely. It was the first makeup product from Sephora that I have ever owned. It was an eyeshadow trio in the shade pixie. I looked and they don't sell it anymore. The closest thing that they have is the Sephora Eyeshadow Trio in Sunset.

s1400076-main-hero.jpg

What was your first makeup product from Sephora? It doesn't have to be the Sephora brand like mine was, just the first product that you bought from the Sephora store.

colorobsession

Re: First Makeup from Sephora

(0) Hearts

I think the first product I ever owned was a Cargo foundation that my mom had bought for me in HIgh School. My acne was really bad at that time and my mom wanted to help me find a legitimate, high quality product to help me cover it up.

But the first purchase that I ever made with my own money was a Sephora Favorites set for the summertime and Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb. 

jenpred

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My first purchase was about two years ago - I was on the hunt to buy all of the limited edition Bare Minerals eye shadows (I have about 80 now, LE and not), and I purchased the BM Tutorials Library :smileyhappy: :heart:

Snip20130910_17.png

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

First item I brought from Sephora was Dior Nail Glow ^_^

neko333

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay Eye shadow primer, I had no idea what it was and the tube looked cool. It was something I didn't have and I thought I needed it. 

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

oh yes the old days...the Sephora in South Beach - a philosophy bath gel in blackberry, several Stila products, it was a haul almost 500 and the store said they did not have any samples! I called Sephora in San Francisco and told him i had my receipt number - he was SO nice - no problem he said - i told him i wanted the baby philosophy airbrush foundation - see how long ago - by the end of the week i had a bag stuffed full of dozens of samples - it made me loyal to Sephora ever since

kenny

My first purchase at Sephora was a soft peach Sephora Collection eyeshadow. It was a mainstay in my collection throughout junior high and highscool and I ended up repurchasing it too. I actually found a pick of it too!

swfupload_3332706666981612103.jpg

jetsetjourno

(0) Hearts

Diorshow mascara about 10 years ago. I couldn't believe how expensive it was, but it was my go-to mascara for a long time after that.

lylysa

My first purchase from Sephora was Urban Decay's eye shadow in Vert (my favorite green of all time, now discontinued) and Stila's Major Lash mascara (also now discontinued). Those were really my first "big" name make up purchases not from a drug store. The Stila mascara sold for $8.50 and did real well, my buddy worked at Sephora at the time and he suggested it as a nice introductory mascara into higher end brands. After that I had an affair with Bourjois mascaras when Sephora carried the line and picked up on Laura Mercier's Creme lipstick in Pink Champagne (now Sparkling Pink, which is still to this day my signature, go-to color).

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

i wish they would bring Bourjois back!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

liquid eyeliner that was Sephora brand years ago! They've repackaged it since but I wish they hadn't because I love the old packaging and the brush.

facesbyjes

Some of my first purchases were:

-Cargo cheek & lip stain

-Benefit Lipstick in Rawhide (brown lol)

-Body & Soul Makeup Brushes (still have them!)

-Bourjois Blush (I think I bought 10 shades) I was addicted!

glossy

Mine was the Stila Lip Gloss in Pink Grapefruit over 10 years ago.  I remember not realizing how much it cost and freaking out that I just purchased a lipgloss for more than $20. After some soul-searching, I decided I couldn't live without it and kept it.  Never regretted it.  

ashhay

Blue tint clear lipgloss by benefit....supposedly it made your teeth look whiter! I still have it and it still has the minty flavor. It is the only thing I have by that brand and would consider repurchasing.

fitzg

(0) Hearts

I think my first ever purchase was Too Faced Lip Injection. It was all the rage when I was in high school so I just had to have it, even though I never really loved the product.

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

my first purchase was the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary 24/7 Eyeliner set.  It was out at the Sephora store itself, but in stock at the SiJCP location at the other end of the mall.

JenJenz

My first Sephora purchase was about 12 yrs ago and it was a NARS Orgasm blush & a double-ended Cargo Eyelighter shadow stick. 

ilovetopurplefy

(0) Hearts

Mt first Sephora product was the Naked palette which was one of my 16th birthday presents from a friend. I still have it after almost 2 years. I've only hit pan on 4 of the colors (Half-Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, and Buck). It is still my favorite palette since it was what got me to start going to Sephora and wanting to become MUA/nail artist after college.

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

My first Sephora purchase was 6 years ago - I was a freshman in college. I wore way too much eyeliner, and hated how the drugstore brands I was buying would move around and/or fade. Sephora had just opened in my mall, and a girl in my dorm told me that was where to go. She was incredibly obnoxious, but she gave me some great advice!

I bought UD 24/7 Glide-on Pencil in Zero (and I freaked out at the price lol)

ud zero.jpg

joeanne

(0) Hearts

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure my first purchase was a Too Faced Eye Shadow for my older daughter, and that's going back a while, but for me, it had to be an Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. I had been using hair spray on my brows and decided it was time to try something new!

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I'm totally guessing, but I am pretty sure it was the Naked 2 palette a year or two ago.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • glossy
    • kenny
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat
    • ashhay
    • melisa16