kalex

Finnicky website

This is the wonkiest website I use. Have you ever noticed how many people will start a new post (instead of replying or editing) and start it out by saying, "sorry but it won't let me edit ... or I can't "reply"... (I can't do either just for the record.) Sometimes I can't write reviews either. Once I completely cleared my computer (not just the cookies) and I was able to review. Then the next day I couldn't again, and then despite doing nothing to my computer, I was suddenly able to review again a couple of days later.

Every time someone has a problem we're told to clear our cookies or try a different browser. It's ridiculous. We shouldn't have to do that. Temptalia launched a Swatch Gallery a few weeks back and it wasn't working for me. She messaged me asking what kind of device I was using and what browser. Within a few days the site worked for me. That's one person's (very popular) blog and her "tech guy" - not a major corporation with (I assume) multiple programmers.

Sorry for the rant. This has been bugging me for a long time.

starletta8

Re: Finnicky website

(0) Hearts

I get that error every few days, a few posts at a time.

kalex

(0) Hearts

@dannyc and beautylovingirl -  I get that message sometimes too.  It's really weird because clearly we can all reply to some posts... but then why not others?

buterfly7x7

I just love that you said "wonkiest". Thanks for that : )

beautylovingirl

@dannyc- I know how ya feel chickie I've been getting that stupid message forever.:smileysad:

DTalksAll

grrrrrr... now I'm getting "An Unexpected Error has occurred." when trying to comment on some posts. 

I use Chrome & cookies/cache were just cleared :smileysad:

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

ipad works mostly, after I turned off the maddeningly annoying spell correction. The one problem I noticed when writing BT post is that, as Im writing, if I tap somewhere else, I cant type anymore until I retract the keyboard and bring it out again.

I havent tried writing reviews, but i can browse the website fine. I'm writing this post on my iPad (thus lack of occasional cap and punctuation), think posting pic is fine, if you can see the pot of rose petal below. image.jpg

Ok, back to comp now. browsing is nice, cant stand writing on ipad tho.

crayzeeRN

That photo is stunning actually. Can I ask what you use to take photos?

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Thank you! My iPad actually. The...3?4?...the one with retina display. Soft natural lighting makes everything look pretty. ^.^

It's so much better than my phone, which makes everything look dark and yellow....."vintage" let's just say. =/

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Wow, that is crazy impressive for an iPad! I have the iPad2... I'll have to experiment with taking photos with that. I use my iPhone currently, which doesn't have the greatest quality. Sadly, my digital camera broke a while back and I'm going to have to eventually suck it up and invest in one!

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

The same thing happened to me when Sephora switched over to its new format and I had asked a moderator what to do and she suggested the same thing. It worked. However, whenever I'm on my iPad, it's another story. I can never edit unless I find a roundabout way of doing it, and usually it's a hassle, so sometimes I'll write a full review or comment only to not even submit it if I see a bad mistake. It's ok, though, because I'm not paranoid about getting the review or comment out there.

aviscardi

I can't always review in Safari, i have to go to Firefox. it could be a different version from at home

laurabt

(0) Hearts

@Aviscardi-  If you are using Safari version 5.0 or older, you will need to upgrade to the newest version of Safari to avoid experiencing system issues on Sephora.com. Hopefully this will fix your issues. :smileyhappy: -Laura

kalex

(0) Hearts

Thanks beautytester!  I'm using IE 10 as well.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I'm using Internet Explorer.  Not sure which version but I can ask my husband when he gets home.  I've also tried Google Chrome - I can "reply" when I use that but still wasn't able to review the other day.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Any chance you have Firefox? IE doesn't work for me either, but I have no issues with Firefox :smileyhappy:

As a side note, has anyone had success using the website via iPad or iPhone? Those work terribly for me.

mafan

(0) Hearts

I can write posts on the iPad, as long as I keep up with its completely crazy corrections.  I cannot copy/paste on it.  I can't add pictures or links because of that.

I can, at least sometimes, enter reviews.  Sometimes it says you can enter reviews regardless.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Hmm odd. Once in a while I can make it through a post, but if I have to backspace because of an error I made, it frequently won't let me type anything after that. Got to love autocorrect though...

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Thank you Mafan!

All of those helpful details really help! I've sent your helpful feedback to our IT/mobile department. Thanks so much:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

In IE, click on Tools (or the little gear, or the cruller/sun looking thing), then About Internet Explorer. That should tell you the version. =)

ps. that's IE10 for me. If we have different versions yours might look different, but it should be somewhere under tools/options in About or Properties.

dianabt

Thank you all for the feedback! This is being looked into and investigated, hopefully to be fixed soon while the problem is found. :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • cherrybombtastic
    • aviscardi
    • dianabt