bananachoox3

February Favorites!

[ Edited ]

I have quite a few here. Its not quite the end of February yet but I couldn't wait to share with you all.

Lorac Unzipped Palette I've been reaching this palette a lot this month. Has a great mix of colors and finish. This palette had about 3 matte shades and the rest are satin finish. I can say this is an alternative to UD Naked palettes. This palette was about 40 dollars and it has great pigmentation and overall a great product to have in your collection.

Maybelline Rocket Mascara I generally love Maybelline's Mascara. I feel like they are one drug store brand that do not disappoint when it comes to their mascara. I love the brush, no clumps and it gives volume. This was about 7 dollars at my local drugstore. Pick this up the next time you're there.

Stila Liquid Eyeliner in Dark Brown I've been reaching my dark brown eyeliner a lot more than my regular black. This does not make it as dramatic as the black one, and I like how I can wear it with anything. $20

Kat Von D Makeup Spray I usually use the UD De Slick, but I heard great reviews on here from mods so I had to get it. Glad I did, overall I think it does a better job at making my makeup stay in place and thank god for this product, because this past week been snowing. Even after shoveling the snow in the snow storm, my make was still in place. $24

Hourglass Ambient Lightening Powder in Dim Light This has become one of my favorite powder to use. I noticed that my face isn't as oily than before. I used this as an all over the face powder to set my foundation. This gives my face a nice soft focus. There are 6 different powders that does different effects. Be careful, some powder do contain shimmers, like Radiance. For those who have oily type skin, I suggest either Diffused or Dim, and maybe Moonlight I want to get Moon light or Diffused next. $45

Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful Great pigmentation and lasting power. I love love blushes. These are ones that I recommend if you want your blush to stay on. $26

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Spice Spice Baby These are one of the most moisturizing lipstick out there. They have great color payoff and feels great on the lips. For only $21, these beat some of the other name brands that cost a lot more than 21.

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Because of the cold weather again I have to keep my face moisturized or else its not going to be pretty. I love how it makes my skin super soft after applying. $49.50

Glam Glow I've been using this since the beginning of the month, started off using it once a week, then increased to twice a week. This really improved my skin, hyper pigmentation is almost gone! I have a few dark spots left. I like to apply this on at night and left it sit for about 20 minutes and then cleanse it off. My skin feels softer after application and better. $69

Escada Cherries in the Air Smells like cherries at first then settles down to a nice soft scent. It last quite some time before it disappeared. Got complaints on this perfume. Get it before its out of stock! $20 for travel size/$56 full size. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray I don't have curly hair, I have naturally straight hair. Some days when I feel like my hair needs some umph, I pull my hair into a bun and spray this onto my hair. While I get ready I let it sit and after I'm ready to go, I take out the bun and my hair has volume and a bit wavy. Love it. $25

Non-Beauty

Favorite Drinks:

Milk Tea Bubble Tea I've been craving for one since the beginning of the month. I got it and then I couldn't stop drinking it. Its so good.

Starbucks Green Tea Frap I love anything that is green tea and this is no exception. Even though it is cold outside, I still sneak in this drink once and in a while.

Song:

Wanted by Hunter Hayes I discovered this song once again from shuffling through my iPod. Now I know why I fell in love with this song in the beginning. I usually don't listen to country but this song is too darn good to pass up.

Boy, was that a long post. I hope you all had fun reading and I hope you all share what was your favorites in February.

kimmi1115

Re: February Favorites!

I was very surprised with it, too!  I had a bad experience with one of their concealers years ago, I went anti Cover Girl lol.  However, I may have judged the brand too soon.

kimmi1115

My favorites this month were mainly dominated by drugstore/Ulta brands lol.

feb.jpg

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector Concealer  I have to give a shoutout to it since it is almost empty.  *sigh*  However, it has worked amazing well, especially since my sinuses have been bothering me a lot lately.  Mother Nature needs to take a Midol and stick with one weather pattern lol.  I don't know if I'll buy another one of it, or try the Tarte concealer first.  

Ulta Blush Sample in Flush   I've been using it a lot this month.  Perhaps more than my usual Benefit Dandelion.  It's decently pigmented, and it's a beautiful shade of dusty rose.  I think of it as a slightly darker version of Benefit's Dandelion.

Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara  I was beyond in love with Maybelline's the Rocket.  I didn't think any drugstore mascara could top Maybelline.  I was wrong.  The Rocket comes in second compared to this puppy.

Ulta Lip Gloss Duo in Natural and Flirtini  I've mainly been using the Natural side, but I've also worn Flirtini some.  It applies smoothly, but it doesn't last quite as long as some of my other glosses.

Tarte Rise and Shine Lip Stain and Gloss in Nude  I've mainly been using the gloss.  I really like the brush with it, and the way it looks.  I may have to try other Tarte glosses now!

bananachoox3

REALLY? I'm going to have to try the clump crusher after this month. LOL

I never though about Cover Girl's mascara. I used to used the last excact volume from Cover Girl. I love love Maybelline's mascara.

elnxio

Mine will be a DRUGSTORE version as last month's Sephora bill took a toll on my budget for this month..

NYX Powder Blush in dusty rose: super pigmented, no breakouts on my super sensitive/acne skin

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in sparkle nude and cashmere: great as base or nudey/minimal look

Sonia Kashuk concealer, large duo fiber and fan brush: best quality for the price

Cerave Moisturizer: my all time favorite face lotion ever! I'd choose this over any of the many higher end brands i've tried. I though I liked Clinique's moisture surge, until I fell in love wtih Cerave

...and now..im craving a green tea smoothie with boba :smileyhappy:

lylysa

*Plus one for the CeraVe!!!*

:smileyvery-happy:

lovelyred139

Oh, absolutely Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment Primer in Fair.  Before that I'd been quite happily using the Tarte tinted moisturizer, but the primer's SPF 30 lured me in.  It ended up being a better shade match -- less yellow than the moisturizer -- and better covered the broken capillaries around my nose.  I love how light it feels and how natural a finish it gives.  Definitely lives up to its 12 hour claim -- lasts through my 14-hour work days without my needing to maintain it.

jxw200

i can never ever pick favorites but i'm trying hard to do so for my blog... so... here goes. 

(Although i should be like sephoramusthave and try to pick one lolol) 

koh gen do moisture foundation

clinique superfine liner for brows

lush happy hippy shower gel

and i suppose that is in addition to my usual favorites, nars TM, fairydrops scandal queen mascara, and diorshow maximizer... and burberry lip glow in pink sweet pea! 

lylysa

Make up:

-Too Faced Sweethearts Flush Blush, you know my love affair with this!

Food/drink:

-Crawfish, it's back in season and I'm all over it!

-Bubble tea, I get this a couple times a month, my fave is one that has tapioca with a honey, lychee, and lemon drink, it's fizzy and carbonated, comes out in two colors too! Blue on top, yellow on the bottom!

Music:

-The Weeknd, I'm revisiting the first LP he released and it always just puts me in a trance.

BTW, I love that Hunter Hayes song! He sounds like a young version of the singer from Rascal Flatts!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

OMG, I *love* the Weeknd -- I don't know how I failed to discover him before (I saw him open for one of the 289302942 Florence + The Machine concerts I went to this summer), but I later bought Trilogy and it's great. I'll have to pay attention to the earlier stuff! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

I came upon his work randomly, SPL put together a dubstep remix to his song "Wicked Games" and I really liked it. I started looking into what his music sounded like without the addition of the dubstep and fell in love. I introduced a couple of people to his stuff and when I heard him on the radio with Drake I was all "OMG!!! I KNOW THIS GUY'S STUFF!!!!" I'm happy that "Wicked Games" has gotten some radio time. He's definitely a talent and the sound of his voice is a nice break from what's in the mainstream!

His LP Thursday was on his site for a free download when I first looked him up. I'm sure you can still find it online somewhere.

bananachoox3

LOL 

we know your affair with that blush! 

that bubble tea sounds good right about now.

lylysa

I can't help it! <3

It's so yummy, it's at this restaurant/sushi bar/cafe and there's such a variety. Though the food and service are poor, the bubble tea drinks are delicious and that's what keeps me going back!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Algenist moisturizer and black Glam Glow, surprisingly, since I was not expecting to be impressed.

I have the Algenist reconstructing serum and overnight moisturizer. The serum was nice and hydrating, but the moisturizer, oh man, I opened the jar and it looked like balm! I have combo skin so I just stared at it and was getting tentative....then dipped my fingers in. It does feel like a balm/cream, but once it comes in contact with body heat, it feels like it suddenly got a bit watery and just melted into the skin. I do get breakouts if I overload on rich moisturizer for dry skin, but dispite it feeling very rich, it didn't actually break me out. Since I'm trying out Murad post-acne serum right now, which apparently can be very very drying, this is the perfect finisher for it. If someone with super dry/sensitive skin want anti-aging stuff, I'm recommending it next.

Black Glam Glow. I tried the white one, and feels like it's about the same as Origins Charcoal mask, so nothing special for the price. But then I tried a sample of the black one and am unwillingly impressed. It's as thick a scrub as Clinique stuff, but in a mud base. I can see it soaking up oil on my nose just like the white one, but the biggest difference is that I feel a significant tightening as if it's drawing everything out when it is drying. And when you rinse off, it's an excellent scrub. So $69 for a good scrub AND a good mask in one? I say that's a good deal.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Fiery&Tangy. I've been looking for a good orange since FOREVER and this is it. The only problem is that it's dry/hard to spread for me, so I'm debating on what I want to do with it, but the color is perfection on my skin. I posted a pic of me wearing it here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/What-are-you-wearing-today/m-p/430953#M6182

Stila Kajal eyeliner in Topaz. It's a great liner for tightlining the bottom lash line. It's nude so more natural looking but definitely brightens up the eye area. It is so creamy it just glides on but it stays on for the whole day. color me impressed.

Kind of random/old, The wanted-glad you came (yea, old song) and Beginner from AKB48 (Japanese girl idol group). Otherwise anything Lady Gaga sings.

kimmi1115

I found the Color Tattoos to be difficult to work with, too.  However, they are amazing!  The best way I was able to work with it was with the UD shadow brush that came with my Naked Palette.

Fabz

I'm going to say my Rimmel lipstick in Kasbah. This is super gorgeous and kind of like a brick color.

MoreGun89

Hmm favorites

cosmetic: Tarte Eyebrow Mousse, I've fallen in love with it!  Adds so much definition and a little more color to them, it actually makes my arches visible!

food: sister's stew from the Game if Thrones cookbook, we got this for our friends and they used it for game night, goodness it was delicious!

music: Enough - Gravity Kills, good beat love his voice!

Drink: coke, was my turn to DD :smileytongue:

katie1724

So far I like the Hourglass Ambient Light Powder in Ethereal Light (I don't know how illuminating it is, but it does leave a lovely finish -- soft focus, as you said). I am also loving Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara (I'm taking a break from YSL Faux Cils and trying out new ones) -- so far, so good!

bananachoox3

I want to try all 6 of them out! 

katie1724

Me too! I wanted to try Mood Light, too, but I'm not sure if it would make me look sunburned or not...I'm super pale, and it almost looks as if it would be a better blush than a powder (thus defeating the purpose).

sephoramusthave

I'm gonna stick with picking one item every month. This month its.....

Origins Youthtopia Foundation in 02 light. I just used up and tossed the bottle. Its amazing: natural, medium coverage, natural looking, not too yellow or pink toned, doesnt dry out my skin and a little goes a long way. Too bad its discontinued.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 53 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • jxw200
    • kimmi1115
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler