StraightRhodes

Favorite pick me ups?

So I've just had the worst week ever with both my grandmother and grandfather dying and then a pipe bursting in my house and was trying to think of some small ways to cheer myself up. What's something you do when you need to feel better?

SallieSunshine

Re: Favorite pick me ups?

I'm so sorry for your losses.  Music always helps me... maybe a sad album, or in the other direction, something with a beat that you can't help but dance to.  If you need to take your mind off things, maybe you could tackle a small project you've been putting off.  Or just call a friend who makes you happy and ask her/him to come over and be with you (or go out.)  This is definitely a time to reach out to your people.  And that includes your BT people!  Love and hugs from all of us.

quotidianus

(0) Hearts

Anything cathartic.  There are a couple of go-to movies that make me just sob my guts out.  I also like to do something physically exhausting ... a long walk or run, hit them gym, etc.

After that, tea and a book or movie to get lost in, and going out with friends who are happy to distract me help greatly.

Sorry for your loss.  Sending love your way!

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Hot chocolate, comfy PJs, and a bubble bath or curl up in front of the TV with one of your favorite movies. Definitely add in some of your favorite take-out or get delivery for some good comfort food.

Remember its ok to take things one day at a time right now- sometimes that's all one can handle after losing loved ones. Focus on getting through each day, even if you're just going through the motions and eventually your pain will be easier to handle. I am so very sorry for the loss of your grandparents. Please let your BT family help you if we can. *big bear hugs*

images2.jpg

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

I was feeling a bit bored and yucky earlier, so I youtubed and did a Zumba exercise video. Hah it was a lot of fun and made me feel better. Now I'm relaxed and good-sore :smileyhappy: I bet I looked so ridiculous doing some of the moves hah but they were a lot of fun.

nikki

(0) Hearts

Long bubble baths, my favorite is with Lush's Comforter.

Ice cream and a good book or wine with friends are also great pick me ups.

nikki

(0) Hearts

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, btw. Best wishes, I know how hard it is, especially so close to holidays.

emmaclaire

Oh my god, I am so sorry to hear that.  I think this is something that no amount of small remedies could heal, but some simple things I do when life seems overwhelming or I'm in over my head include ordering my favorite take out (Thai food), taking a bubble bath (preferably with a Lush bath bomb), and getting lost in a good movie (I feel like X-men, which I love anyway, is a great minor pick me up because it balances fantasy/sci-fi/action without getting too complicated so you can still enjoy it even if you're only half listening).

Feel better, and if there's anything you need or want that we here on BT could help you with please don't hesitate to ask. <3 *hugs*

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • nikki
    • emmaclaire
    • crayzeeRN
    • StraightRhodes
    • gingerblack
    • SallieSunshine