kalex

Favorite part of your day

I was just sitting here drinking my first cup of coffee and scrolling through the threads and I realized that is my favorite part of the day.  My first cup of coffee and reading (blogs, newspaper, or emails depending)!

What's yours?  A morning shower... a cup of tea before bed? 

starletta8

Re: Favorite part of your day

(0) Hearts

I think it might just have to be my evening BT time, when I truly unwind from the day.  Sometimes dinner's a little late (hi, tonight) because I'm responding to everything I missed!

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I'm not a morning person, so I love the evenings, usually when I have time to read a book with a glass of wine (or catching up with a tv program). :smileyhappy:

kissXmakeup

My favorite part of the day has always been in the morning, before leaving to school, my mom always kisses my cheek and says "May God bless you." I remember this vividly from my childhood & it always puts a smile on my face. She still does this and now that I'm graduating college, I'm going to miss that!

MoreGun89

That's awesome!  I have trouble singing Our House by Madness for much the same reason.  That line "Sends them off with a small kiss, she's the one we're going to miss in lots of ways" always makes me tear up.  My mom and I are pretty good friends, but not that close.  She's aged gracefully, but is still considerably older than a lot of moms from this generation, it's kinda sad because I do miss her mostly because she's not nearby and I can't see her very often, but I suppose it also alleviates a good portion of drama since we butt heads a lot!

roxystar4

my favorite part of the day is my son's nap time :smileytongue:

quenbee

I second that!!!!  Nap time and bed time are the best times! Hahaha

roxystar4

ohhh I forgot bedtime. Yes after bedtime is nice too :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

@makeupmaven- Once I got there it would be really hard to leave it looks so perfect just to sit, relax and think about nothing.

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

It really is...going back for my bday soon...one day I'll get rich and be able to live the hippie lifestyle full time...lol until then will keep working towards it (you can see San Francisco from that spot but it's worlds away)...

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

image.jpg

Watching anime

crayzeeRN

I'm a night shifter, so my favorite "time" of the day is that 2-4 am window when the rest of the world goes quiet :smileyhappy: Good time to get absorbed in a good book or TV show. Or at least when I'm at home.. If I'm in the ER working, that's the best time of night when the weirdly interesting stuff comes in!

WhereYouStand

(0) Hearts

IMG_2404.JPGone of my favorite times of the day is when I step off the exercise bike and get that kick added kick of refreshing energy from working out.one of my favorite memories of doing this is This last year when I went on the disney Fantasy cruise and they had an exercise room with a window view overlooking the ocean and the treadmills and the bikes had a front row ticket placement seating as if you were biking or running across the rippling glassy surface of the water as you looked out over the expansive view. I would pay big bucks just to have that for an everyday exercise routine too bad i'm broke that was the first vacation I went on in over 15 years. and it took me over two years to save up for. but it was worth it. I went to that freaking exercise room whenever I could with the group I went on the cruise with!

WhereYouStand

when I'm power walking and have andrenaline pumping through my veins like iron pulsing through the blood and a good set of tunes in my ears as I walk to the beat my feet eat up the pavevment beneath my my shoes.collecting miles, or right before I fall alseep around 12 Am - 2 Am in the morning when I find that perfect cozy spot in bed with the window open and the rain falling down pr just the cool breeze wafting into my room kissing my face.

beautylovingirl

@makeupmaven- That's a gorgeous view!

makeupmaven

Thanks, it's down the street from the cabin we rent there...there's even a little bench...great to have mimosas and watch the sun rise/ sky change/ reflection on the water!

makeupmaven

One more..not an everyday occurrence, but when my husband and I get away to Bolinas, watching the sunrise is the absolute best way to start the day.bolinassunrise.jpg

makeupmaven

[ Edited ]

Yoga in the morning (or evening), acupuncture (usually after work/ weekends), lunchtime walk, time spent with my husband (weather has been nice so time at the park, the beach)..

I guess no particular time of day, first thing in the morning when the effects of the yoga sink in is great...

But BT is definitely the first place I come when I pull up Sephora.com...you all are like me, I'm sure you have multiple browsers or tabs up so you can multi-task and look at all kinds of products and geek out on them, information, opinions, etc...I also like reading a lot of industry articles from GCI Magazine, Cosmetics & Toiletries, and Cosmetics Design.

I love getting stuff done so being in the moment, looking at products and information, analyzing the information...then wrapping up my day knowing I've completed everything and it's time to go!

And of course, coming home to my cat (if my husband is still at work)!

beautylovingirl

@missjr- I know I don't even watch the news half the time anymore because it is so negative and depressing. That's when I come here to my happy place!

missjr

My favorite part of the morning is when my husband and I first wake up between 5:30 to 6:00 a.m.  A couple of months ago, we did a fast for spiritual reasons, which also included morning prayer.  Even though we ended the fast, we kept rising early just to pray.  We find it is a great way to get our day started because it forces us to sit still and meditate on our blessings.  This calms us before heading to the gym, fixing coffee, grabbing the newspaper or getting the early morning news (which is usually negative).

melissabt

My favorite part is washing my face in the morning and brushing my teeth. I always like to have a large glass of water in the morning too:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 84 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa